Giro 2018: Stage 6, CALTANISSETTA - ETNA 10 May 2018 / Thursday / 164 km *Spoilers*

12346»

Comments

• poptart242
    poptart242 Posts: 531
    DeadCalm wrote:

No idea how I missed this, day made
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,973
    DeadCalm wrote:

I can't help but warm to Estenban... I know you can't always tell but he really does come across as a genuinely nice guy (and a pretty decent rider as well).
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • whatleytom
    whatleytom Posts: 547
    Agreed on the BSP, my favourite has to be the 2016 Vuelta where they help Chavez grab 3rd back from Contador, such a great watch. The film made from the back stage passes is also superb, but I don't think yet available here in the UK.

Interesting watching the video from yesterday it was all pretty clearly choreographed, each phase is outlined on their whiteboard. Executed to perfection.
    Blog on first season road racing http://www.twhatley.com/
  • joe2008
    joe2008 Posts: 1,531
    BigMat wrote:
    Anyway, when was the last time on a mountain stage in a GT that a rider has looked so clearly "the strongest"?

Pantani. Armstrong.
  • mamil314
    mamil314 Posts: 1,103
    BigMat wrote:
    Yates looked so comfortable yesterday, clearly the strongest rider by some way. I know having Chaves up ahead made it easier for him to sit in, but then Froome and Dumoulin also had pretty strong riders in that group. With the benefit of hindsight Yates probably could have gained more time if he hadn't had to worry about dragging people up to his teammate. Anyway, when was the last time on a mountain stage in a GT that a rider has looked so clearly "the strongest"? Didn't really happen at any point last year.

In the mountains of Tour 2017 Landa looked like he's about to yawn.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    mamil314 wrote:
    BigMat wrote:
    Yates looked so comfortable yesterday, clearly the strongest rider by some way. I know having Chaves up ahead made it easier for him to sit in, but then Froome and Dumoulin also had pretty strong riders in that group. With the benefit of hindsight Yates probably could have gained more time if he hadn't had to worry about dragging people up to his teammate. Anyway, when was the last time on a mountain stage in a GT that a rider has looked so clearly "the strongest"? Didn't really happen at any point last year.

In the mountains of Tour 2017 Landa looked like he's about to yawn.

Yeah but he couldn't make it count on the Izoard stage when he had his chance. Anyway, early days for Yates but looked very strong so far.
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,771
    Milton50 wrote:
    The entire Wilier Triestina team rolled in together (literally) 26 minutes down today and now occupy the lowest 6 places on GC.

I see they did that to pull across one of the team with a broken collar bone. Ouch.
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    Cosmo's How the Race Was Won for yesterday. Man he managed a quick turnaround on that, really pleased with his partnership with Eurosport

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OwpqbbRgQU
  • larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,485
    Loving the whiteboard:-
    Roman - Phase 4 - to help leaders or shut shit down

:-)
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    CarbonClem wrote:
    Milton50 wrote:
    The entire Wilier Triestina team rolled in together (literally) 26 minutes down today and now occupy the lowest 6 places on GC.

I see they did that to pull across one of the team with a broken collar bone. Ouch.

super ouch
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,390
    I think I read that Froome took 2 hours to produce a urine sample post stage so missed the helicopter transfer, and then the ferry to the mainland broke down so they all suffered a further 4 hour delay - just what everyone needed after the transfer from Israel!
  • larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,485
    Plus a near death experience for Visconti. Entertaining day all round!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/anti-do ... ia-shorts/
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)