After a haggle I got the Viner Maxima for £250

nmddo7.jpg

Not 100% on the paint scheme, but it's the only colour they had
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,448
    izza wrote:
    I have had a Foil and it was a great climbing bike

The Foil is not a "great climbing bike"

It’s light and stiff, so why not? I’ve used mine mainly as a climbing bike in the Peak District over the last 4 years, and it’s so good I have no intention of changing the frame anytime soon. I’ve just put eTap and a power meter on it, and even now it only weighs 7kg with everything on inc Garmin, cages, pedals etc. (I’ve had it as light as 6.3kg in the past). It’ll be doing it’s thing in the Alps twice this year too.

I’m not big or a grinder either, I’m 67kg and a spinner :D
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    Brakeless wrote:
    80-85% if your effort is spent moving air out of the way. Aero trumps lightweight, as far as advantage of design goes, except if you’re solely doing Hill TTs.

Do you wear a skinsuit MM1?

I do tend to, if I’m on an ‘event’. I did at last Sunday’s Randonee. It was more of an experiment than anything else.

Brilliant. A skinsuit and a handlebar bag on a Sportive. It gets better every post.

Yeah he doesn't do himself any favours with posts like that. 'Full of sh1t' is the expression that springs to mind :wink:
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    TCR needs cadence, Propel needs power / torque.

:)
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    mfin wrote:
    TCR needs cadence, Propel needs power / torque.

:)

Double LOL, ffs...
  • warrior4life
    warrior4life Posts: 925
    NorvernRob wrote:
    izza wrote:
    I have had a Foil and it was a great climbing bike

The Foil is not a "great climbing bike"

It’s light and stiff, so why not? I’ve used mine mainly as a climbing bike in the Peak District over the last 4 years, and it’s so good I have no intention of changing the frame anytime soon. I’ve just put eTap and a power meter on it, and even now it only weighs 7kg with everything on inc Garmin, cages, pedals etc. (I’ve had it as light as 6.3kg in the past). It’ll be doing it’s thing in the Alps twice this year too.

I’m not big or a grinder either, I’m 67kg and a spinner :D

I'd agree, for an aero bike it was both stiff and light and it did climb very well.
    They we're talking about great bikes from the last few years on the CyclingTips podcast and all the presenters agreed that the original Foil was something of a gem. Maybe not as aero as the new version but it felt a more rounded bike.

I