Tour of Watopia

13»

Comments

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,751
    1:24 - that was hard work. Hit the climb in the first group, then got a phone call which didn't help.
  • rob13
    rob13 Posts: 430
    Down on power slightly tonight, just couldn't hold the wheels of those in front. Did the 8pm.

1:27:05 @ 239w 3.3w/kg
  • Well folks - I'm afraid I'm out. Was enjoying it, esp with the element of competition on here but the weather was too good to be riding inside over the weekend, so was out on the bike in the real world, and I have a big event next sat, so tapering this week in preparation for that.

Wishing you all the best for those continuing.

Ride on ....
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    Well folks - I'm afraid I'm out. Was enjoying it, esp with the element of competition on here but the weather was too good to be riding inside over the weekend, so was out on the bike in the real world, and I have a big event next sat, so tapering this week in preparation for that.

Ride on ....

Same as me.

They should have scheduled this earlier in the year, or do them split for different countries/hemispheres
  • kingstongraham
    I'm still in. Been doing it in addition to commuting so far. Next weekend fits OK as well, as I'm on call with work, so can't go too far from home so a couple of hours indoors is OK, even though the weather looks reasonable.

Just need to choose my time to do stage 6 so It doesn't interfere with outside time of an evening when I'd rather be in Richmond Park. Maybe an 8am again.
  • Dannbodge wrote:
    Well folks - I'm afraid I'm out. Was enjoying it, esp with the element of competition on here but the weather was too good to be riding inside over the weekend, so was out on the bike in the real world, and I have a big event next sat, so tapering this week in preparation for that.

Ride on ....

Same as me.

They should have scheduled this earlier in the year, or do them split for different countries/hemispheres

You aren't honestly surprised at the timing of this "tour," are you? :lol:

Zwift are about to see their monthly income plummet, especially from newcomers since mid November 2017, who have had to fork out the ridiculous £13pcm while existing members still get the £8pcm rate until November this year. Spread the tour over the whole month, trying to coax some to renew for at least one more month, before they start riding outdoors.

At £8pcm, I might have been tempted to keep subscribed (which would have cost me £96 over 12 months), just in case the weather wasn't so good. But I'm not sticking around at £13pcm (which means they have just had £39 off me since mid January), if I don't fancy riding outdoors because of bad weather, I will hook up either OneLap; Virtugo beta or put up with the relatively bad but free Elite E-training app until we approach Xmas!
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • kingstongraham
    Interesting view - fair play to them if that is the reason for having it now. 4,400 people have done all 5 stages so far.

I'm sure they would expect the number of users paying to go down somewhat over the summer - but my experience with my own gym membership would imply that not using something very often does not mean that everyone cancels their subscription. Probably keep mine for the rainy days as I'm on £8 a month.
  • birdie23
    birdie23 Posts: 457
    I'm sure they would expect the number of users paying to go down somewhat over the summer

Somewhat offset by it being winter in Aus though.

Don't think the new price is that bad tbh. I'll cancel for the summer. Restart around October, did that at the old price too as I'll ride in rain etc just don't like doing recreational miles in the dark. Far cheaper than the equivalent at a gym would be. I Zwift three times a week in the winter which makes it about a quid a go at the new price. Far cheaper than the equivalent in spinning classes or whatever would be.
    2012 Cube Agree GTC
  • kingstongraham
    Might leave the last one till the clear up weekend... Just scraped under an hour for stage 6, but my turbo kept losing resistance. Maybe it doesn't work so well in the hot weather and that's a message to me. Can't see myself sitting on the turbo for two hours this weekend.
  • kingstongraham
    I'm out - got a cold and not been on the bike for a few days. Could do stage 7 today, but not a good idea.
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    I went out and did 100km in the real world.

Shame as I really wanted to finish doing it. Maybe next time
  • well - it was fun while it lasted. Seems none of us finished!

Ah well - great to be out and about in the real world at last!!
  • kingstongraham
    Definitely got me riding a bit more in addition to commuting while it lasted and it wasn't conducive to adding on kms outside.

Come the autumn, will look out for another series.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Me neither. Did 5 out of 7 but stopped halfway round the pretzel as i was rapidly losing the will to live. Did the alpe as a catchup on saturday but outdoors was far too attractive on sunday...
  • stevewj
    stevewj Posts: 227
    did all 7 stages and repeated 1 and 7 just for the miles. Thoroughly enjoyed it although the amount of company decreased on the second rides. I find £13 a month well worth it as I now ride every day on it and am saving probably twice as much in what I used to spend at café stops.