Cold weather clothing - Seeking advice

2»

Comments

• Found just wearing the Altura Peleton Transfomer, sleeveless and without anything underneath, nice and comfy in Saturday's "tropical" afternoon temps of approx +13C.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Joaaso
    Joaaso Posts: 15
    Daniel B wrote:
    Personally in the depths of winter, I would (I do feel the cold) be looking at a merino winter base layer, Castelli Sorpasso bib tights, a LS thickish jersey, probably Ale, and then if it's artic, my Castelli Espresso Jacket over the top, combined with a buff and a winter hat of some kind under my helmet, perhaps even with an aero cover fitted (For non aero reasons) - oh and GOOD warm gloves, and overshoes.

Pretty much what I do as well, just with different products. After much trial and error, I've ended up with PedalED Fuji Team Jacket on top, La Passione Raw winter Jersey as mid layer. Base layer varies, but most often I use Swix RaceX bodyw LS - upper half only. On the lower half I only use Pearl Izumi ELITE Escape AmFIB Cycling Bib Tight. PedalED Winter hat and Castelli Arrivo 2 Head Thingy as a buff (Love this one, as it's windproof and quite tight but very stretchable). This has kept me warm and protected from wind/water/snow down to -5. It does get sweaty though, but as long as I'm warm I don't care. Hands and feet are the most difficult parts, still havent found optimal solutions there..