Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

friday even that far out, there was no peace

sungodsungod Posts: 13,197
edited March 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

cafe, wfh, execute an early bail

will the roads be soggy tomorrow, need to decide if i should swap wheels/pads over, life is so complicated

wonder how bally is doing, last i recall he mentioned sunburn
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
«1

Posts

  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 8,883
    Morning, a frosty start today, but the weather forecast looks promising , dog walked,just having a cuppa whilst thinking what to have for breakfast

    Sungod, tomorrow rain is forecast , Sunday a better day
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 43,881
    I wonder whether Bally will be posting again from Costa Del Chavos to tell us how the weather is?

    Another busy day. Kitchen just about functional nut Strifey being over fussy about not making a mess of any sort.

    Also the bloke who owns the house next door who had a really nice family in there for 5 years has decided to turn the house into bed sits to let. Don't really fancy living next door to the tracksuited underclass so checked the title deeds and there's a ban multiple occupation - oh dear. Neighbour on the other side works in property and know how to handle this sort of thing, so Mr. Dodgy landlord is in for a surprise...
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,825
    Morning All. Gentle pedal into work as not done it for a bit. God it was cold, need thicker bibtights me thinks. Day 1 of 3
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,397 Lives Here
    Morning folks,
    Bit of a stressful morning, the lad rang to say he can't get to Cairns as the road is shut due to flooding and trains aren't running either. He's in a town with no airport so has to go south before he can get a flight north so he will miss his flight to Bangkok as a result. Not much to be done about it but the Mrs is stressing massively. He's safe and will get it sorted but it will mean a bit of a delay and added expense no doubt so not the end of the world.
    Mild Thursday type hangover on a Fryday to confuse my body clock today. Went to pub quiz in aid of prostate cancer, not in aid of the cancer in aid of research that is. Came third in the quiz but won a couple of prizes in the raffle, one of which is a brewery tour. Woohoo!!! P!ss up in a brewery coming up. Wanted to go as mate suffering with it has now been given up on by the oncologists, nothing else they can do for him just pain relief until the end now. Not good at all. Missed my TV appearance as a result of being in the pub thankfully, a few people in here are extracting the urine to a suitable level.
    Skipping the cafe today as I'm bunking off early to go and see the aforementioned mate.
    Roll on the weekend. Don't forget it's mother's day on Sunday.
  • step83step83 Posts: 3,996
    Morning, drove in today two reasons, waving bye bye to car later then picking up new old one, and somehow I've woken up with a sprained ankle an tight left calf, no sodding idea what that's about but torpedo's the planned weekend I had.

    Anyway caffeine free day today will be replacing it with beer wit ha pub meeting, I didn't realise the pub is all of a stones throw from here though it appears to be one of those chain affairs that thinks its more posh than Mrs Bucket, long as it has beer and a burger ill be happy.

    Later after car collect will be medicinal beverages to aid the healing of my ankle, and debating what on earth I did to it.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,826
    Cold ride in with temperature going from -4 to a massive 0 a couple of hrs later, saw a couple of homeless chaps whilst at the traffic lights and said ‘thought I was cold’!

    Later is pub for a pals birthday.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 43,881
    veronese68 wrote:
    Missed my TV appearance as a result of being in the pub thankfully, a few people in here are extracting the urine to a suitable level.
    Let me guess, was it a documentary about alcoholics anonymous?
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboowebboo Posts: 3,129
    First day post shoulder op. Apparently most of my left shoulder tendons were torn or detached, now in a sling for 6 weeks. Managed shower and dress my self this morning but unable to clean the bathroom so every cloud etc.
    I suspect 6 weeks is going feel like along time. :(
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,397 Lives Here
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    veronese68 wrote:
    Missed my TV appearance as a result of being in the pub thankfully, a few people in here are extracting the urine to a suitable level.
    Let me guess, was it a documentary about alcoholics anonymous?
    No, work related so humiliated myself in return for publicity.
    webboo wrote:
    I suspect 6 weeks is going feel like along time. :(
    I can imagine, good luck with it and make sure you do what the physioterrorists tell you to do when the time comes. Stevo can sympathise more but he's almost back on a bike at least.
  • WheelspinnerWheelspinner Posts: 4,985
    Not posted much because you lot would take offence. Relentlessly beautiful weather, especially for Tassie, had more beach swims in the last 3 weeks than I'd done in 3 years in Sydney. Had a few bike rides and lots of walking too. I'm still fat and unfit, but with a fabulous suntan. 8)

    Been tossing up whether to get a full-size tractor, a "garden tractor" or an industrial grade ride-on mower to do the grounds. With about 8-9 acres to be mown, it's a toss up, but fun having a look around at the gadgets. Demo next week of one of the mower things, will see how it handles the terrain. Am sure the novelty will wear off quick enough though.
    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Giant MCM One Cannondale Prophet Lefty Cannondale Super V SL Cove Handjob Cervelo RS
  • WheelspinnerWheelspinner Posts: 4,985
    veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    Bit of a stressful morning, the lad rang to say he can't get to Cairns as the road is shut due to flooding and trains aren't running either. He's in a town with no airport so has to go south before he can get a flight north so he will miss his flight to Bangkok as a result. Not much to be done about it but the Mrs is stressing massively. He's safe and will get it sorted but it will mean a bit of a delay and added expense no doubt so not the end of the world.
    Mild Thursday type hangover on a Fryday to confuse my body clock today. Went to pub quiz in aid of prostate cancer, not in aid of the cancer in aid of research that is. Came third in the quiz but won a couple of prizes in the raffle, one of which is a brewery tour. Woohoo!!! P!ss up in a brewery coming up. Wanted to go as mate suffering with it has now been given up on by the oncologists, nothing else they can do for him just pain relief until the end now. Not good at all. Missed my TV appearance as a result of being in the pub thankfully, a few people in here are extracting the urine to a suitable level.
    Skipping the cafe today as I'm bunking off early to go and see the aforementioned mate.
    Roll on the weekend. Don't forget it's mother's day on Sunday.

    FNQ has been a bit damp the last week or two, not surprised the Lad is stuck. No big deal though, just hassle.

    Very sorry to hear your news though V68. That sh!t bites hard. My Mum's last remaining sibling, (eldest sister) has been in a home for years with dementia, hasn't a clue who's who, but today we heard she's been admitted to care in the hospital, expected to be gone in days. At 95, it's no surprise, but it's still [email protected]
    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Giant MCM One Cannondale Prophet Lefty Cannondale Super V SL Cove Handjob Cervelo RS
  • FlâneurFlâneur Posts: 3,027
    Morning gents and others
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • WheelspinnerWheelspinner Posts: 4,985
    Flâneur wrote:
    Morning gents and others
    Wot, you again!?!?

    :D
    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Giant MCM One Cannondale Prophet Lefty Cannondale Super V SL Cove Handjob Cervelo RS
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,397 Lives Here
    Flâneur wrote:
    Morning gents and others
    Missed it yester so who the fark are you etc...

    Hope all is well in the world of Flan.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,397 Lives Here
    FNQ has been a bit damp the last week or two, not surprised the Lad is stuck. No big deal though, just hassle.
    Just had a message back from him, he's managed to change his flight and is now flying out of Bris on Monday, just needs to get there from Airlie Beach where I suspect he's not been doing much other than drinking and chatting up girls. Although they did go on a boat trip to the islands I believe.
    Very sorry to hear your news though V68. That sh!t bites hard. My Mum's last remaining sibling, (eldest sister) has been in a home for years with dementia, hasn't a clue who's who, but today we heard she's been admitted to care in the hospital, expected to be gone in days. At 95, it's no surprise, but it's still [email protected]
    It is a bit sh!t but it's the way of the world, in better news 40% of cyclists will live forever.
    A study published in the BMJ last April found that regular cycling cut the risk of death from all causes by more than 40%
  • FlâneurFlâneur Posts: 3,027
    Flâneur wrote:
    Morning gents and others
    Wot, you again!?!?

    :D

    Trying to find my way back into this circle of hell. Time must be spent knocking at the gates.

    Thanks V68. My only complaints in life is that The Date is a closer to a girlfriend and I have to remove rusty bolts form old toilet seats. So no complaints!
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • WheelspinnerWheelspinner Posts: 4,985
    veronese68 wrote:
    Just had a message back from him, he's managed to change his flight and is now flying out of Bris on Monday, just needs to get there from Airlie Beach where I suspect he's not been doing much other than drinking and chatting up girls. Although they did go on a boat trip to the islands I believe.
    In Airlie and islands? My sister is in charge of one of the plush island resorts off there...
    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Giant MCM One Cannondale Prophet Lefty Cannondale Super V SL Cove Handjob Cervelo RS
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,397 Lives Here
    veronese68 wrote:
    Just had a message back from him, he's managed to change his flight and is now flying out of Bris on Monday, just needs to get there from Airlie Beach where I suspect he's not been doing much other than drinking and chatting up girls. Although they did go on a boat trip to the islands I believe.
    In Airlie and islands? My sister is in charge of one of the plush island resorts off there...
    Ha ha, yes. I'm sure he won't see your sister then as he's in youth hostels. Should be getting a bus out of there in the morning though. He's probably in a bar somewhere around there at the moment. Looks beautiful from the pictures I've seen.
  • WheelspinnerWheelspinner Posts: 4,985
    veronese68 wrote:
    veronese68 wrote:
    Just had a message back from him, he's managed to change his flight and is now flying out of Bris on Monday, just needs to get there from Airlie Beach where I suspect he's not been doing much other than drinking and chatting up girls. Although they did go on a boat trip to the islands I believe.
    In Airlie and islands? My sister is in charge of one of the plush island resorts off there...
    Ha ha, yes. I'm sure he won't see your sister then as he's in youth hostels. Should be getting a bus out of there in the morning though. He's probably in a bar somewhere around there at the moment. Looks beautiful from the pictures I've seen.
    It is nice up there, but stinking hot and steamy this time of year.

    Her place is closed at the moment, got smashed to bits in massive cyclone last year and still rebuilding. She sent some phone footage of the peak storm wind... 270km/h gusts...
    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Giant MCM One Cannondale Prophet Lefty Cannondale Super V SL Cove Handjob Cervelo RS
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,397 Lives Here
    She sent some phone footage of the peak storm wind... 270km/h gusts...
    Yikes! To think I had a delivery to a customer in Southampton delayed yesterday by 'extreme weather', it was 10'C and sunny with light winds. Because it snowed last week the delivery company in brown are using the weather as an excuse for anything so we can't claim off them.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 43,881
    webboo wrote:
    First day post shoulder op. Apparently most of my left shoulder tendons were torn or detached, now in a sling for 6 weeks. Managed shower and dress my self this morning but unable to clean the bathroom so every cloud etc.
    I suspect 6 weeks is going feel like along time. :(
    Similar to mine - tore my suprinatus tendon (?), one of the tendons in the rotator cuff. Quite a big tear but only the one tendon affected. I was out of a sling in a week or so and am pretty much back to normal now except for lifting stuff overhead with my bad arm - op was just over 6 weeks ago. Saw the quack on Tuesday just gone and he said I could bet back on my commuter hack if I wanted but said it might be sensible to get to 2 months post op to give it a bit more healing time.

    PM me if you want a chat about it.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 6,691
    *peeks in to the forum*
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,826
    *peeks in to the forum*
    Who the censored are you
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 7,482
    I'm sitting in the railway station, got a ticket for my destination, on my way home from a unscheduled visit to the very excellent NHS Oxford Eye Hospital A&E where it was confirmed my ba5tard problem eye vein has gone pop again. Xxxx it, just when I thought I was mended, at consultant review 4 weeks ago was all looking good. Back to the start. Loads more injections to come. Double xxxx it.

    Plus doctor suggested I should lower the intensity of the TT sessions I've been doing. Was feeling good on the training programme as well.

    Blxxdy eye.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 6,011
    orraloon wrote:
    Blxxdy eye.

    Poke it out with a stick? Wear a patch? Might be more aero than an actual eye.
  • keef66keef66 Posts: 13,123
    orraloon wrote:
    Blxxdy eye.

    In every sense of the word I imagine...
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    orraloon wrote:
    I'm sitting in the railway station, got a ticket for my destination, on my way home from a unscheduled visit to the very excellent NHS Oxford Eye Hospital A&E where it was confirmed my ba5tard problem eye vein has gone pop again. Xxxx it, just when I thought I was mended, at consultant review 4 weeks ago was all looking good. Back to the start. Loads more injections to come. Double xxxx it.

    Plus doctor suggested I should lower the intensity of the TT sessions I've been doing. Was feeling good on the training programme as well.

    Blxxdy eye.


    didn't see that one coming did he?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • FlâneurFlâneur Posts: 3,027
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king though. Silver lining.

    PS HD, stop it's a trap
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 43,881
    hopkinb wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    Blxxdy eye.

    Poke it out with a stick? Wear a patch? Might be more aero than an actual eye.
    We've a BB 'talk like a pirate' day. How about a 'look like a pirate' day?
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,118
    edited March 2018
    Today I have been mowstly not painting.

    In fact, what a cracking day. Started very frosty so I elected a sesh on the rollers (which I went a bit silly on for a man in my condition) as it was more convenient than waiting for the sun to (perhaps) burn the frost off the back roads. Then a quick tidy at PPP ahead of another marathon tomorrow and the upstairs painting in earnest.
    Then we jumped in the Old new banger and went for a spin all the way to sunny Wigtown where there is not only is the best coffee, cake and food available at the best price in this area of the world, the proprietors daughter has one very pert bum.

    Now i'm cream crackered.

    Later will be chilli. Now i'll go read the posts on this thread. I think.

    Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
Sign In or Register to comment.