monday first things first, get the champagne

2»

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    hopkinb wrote:
    Just don't talk to anyone, scowl at anyone who does talk, and keep moving when you reach the top of an escalator, and make sure you have your ticket/oyster/debit card ready when you reach a gate line. The forrins are more friendly than the locals. Except sungod, he's local, and he sounds quite nice, if a bit pissed up on tawny port.

Wats an escalator, innit?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    Perhaps he needs a short list of essential words and phrases to get him through.

"Allo John, got a new mota...?"
    "Ow'z it goin' me ole' China?"
    "Awight mate?"
    "Diamond geezer"

So I'll basically be in a city inhabited solely by members of the cast of The Sweeney?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    Pinno wrote:
    Perhaps he needs a short list of essential words and phrases to get him through.

"Allo John, got a new mota...?"
    "Ow'z it goin' me ole' China?"
    "Awight mate?"
    "Diamond geezer"

So I'll basically be in a city inhabited solely by members of the cast of The Sweeney?

Look, if you want to be local.

Here's a short but superb instructional video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhHJ4zEKDZY
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    hopkinb wrote:
    Just don't talk to anyone, scowl at anyone who does talk, and keep moving when you reach the top of an escalator, and make sure you have your ticket/oyster/debit card ready when you reach a gate line. The forrins are more friendly than the locals. Except sungod, he's local, and he sounds quite nice, if a bit pissed up on tawny port.

Moving stairs. 'Tis witchcraft. They won't take your soul if you stand on the right though.

Serious though, if you get time, gizza yell.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    hopkinb wrote:
    Just don't talk to anyone, scowl at anyone who does talk
    Ignore this bit, talk to anyone and everyone it’s far more entertaining. Most people will just look terrified and run away from you guaranteeing your own personal space even on a crowded rush hour train.
    If the person spoken to doesn’t flee they are either completely mad or not local, unless it’s me.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Moving stairs. 'Tis witchcraft. They won't take your soul if you stand on the right though.

Serious though, if you get time, gizza yell.

Will deffo do - be good to meet up, face to name, etc. You can see me being really scared at more than 7 people not dressed all the same being in one place at a time.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    I’m game for drinks with MF.
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Ignore this bit, talk to anyone and everyone it’s far more entertaining. Most people will just look terrified and run away from you guaranteeing your own personal space even on a crowded rush hour train.
    If the person spoken to doesn’t flee they are either completely mad or not local, unless it’s me.

Sweet, see. Thinking that Mick Dundee persona is the way to go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AoNuz1gjQo

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:

Chaos, see. I'll see what I can do.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Here's how to do it, can be fun :)
    https://youtu.be/PT0ay9u1gg4
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    A plan seems to be hatching.

We could try to get Womble out of his burrow as well?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Veronese68 wrote:
    No, hydraulic is much lower maintenance. Cable discs need to be adjusted regularly, which at least means you look at the pads. No need to look at hydraulics, at least not until you realise the pads are worn out.
    Next bike will have full hydraulics rather than the converter I have now.
    Yeah, sorry that's what I meant: cable brakes gunk up, need adjusting, cables replacing etc. but it's simple to fix like rim brakes.
    Hydraulics don't need maintenance until they go wrong, by then it's time for an upgrade anyway.

Is the converter box any good? LBS reckoned they were the mutts last year but reviews online seem mixed.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Here's how to do it, can be fun :)
    https://youtu.be/PT0ay9u1gg4

That ^ was good.

I stumbled on this straight after:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5gl9ep1zP8
  • Stevo_666
    Bad experience in Cheltenham?
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Bad experience in Cheltenham?

Cheltenham is a bit like London. Real Cheltonians are A1. Most of them can't afford to be live there so they move abroad to places like Gloucester, Evesham and Stroud. On the other hand, the wealthy 'liberal elite' are just about the most generous and charitable people in England.
    What's wrong with the place is the wannabe's sucked in by all the Financial Services HQ's and then you have the GCHQ set (what a bunch of whankers).
    It is by far, the cliqueist place I have ever had the 'pleasure' of living in.
  • Mrs BBGeek got shot in the head with an air gun in Cheltenham years ago. Absolute heck-hole.
    Still not as weird as Evesham though.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Cheltenham seems to be full of people in there late twenties/thirties doing coke as far as I can see. I have had more enjoyable nights out in Gloucester to be honest
  • Stevo_666
    Mrs BBGeek got shot in the head with an air gun in Cheltenham years ago. Absolute heck-hole.
    Still not as weird as Evesham though.
    They missed you then? :wink:
  • Matthewfalle
    Reading all this, I'm not sure if I want to venture across the border any more....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    Reading all this, I'm not sure if I want to venture across the border any more....
    You're as bad as that womble.
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:

It all just sounds a bit dodge, to tell the truth.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:

It all just sounds a bit dodge, to tell the truth.
    So MF, when are you venturing down to The Big Smoke?
  • Matthewfalle
    just waiting to find out. will let everyone know asap. have a distinct feeling that its going to be one huge mess around.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,125
    mf comes to town, will it be like....

https://vimeo.com/90733822
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    sungod wrote:

He'll need a 'town mouse' to show him around. Could we be in for a sighting of the International Man of Mystery aka Sungod?!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod wrote:

We'll all go and watch Tom and Jerry cartoons? I LOVE Tom and Jerry. Alternate with Roadrunner and I'm there.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,125
    hopkinb wrote:
    sungod wrote:

We'll all go and watch Tom and Jerry cartoons? I LOVE Tom and Jerry. Alternate with Roadrunner and I'm there.
    fred quimby ones, plus maybe betty boop doing minnie the moocher for a bit of totty
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    HaydenM wrote:
    Cheltenham seems to be full of people in there late twenties/thirties doing coke as far as I can see. I have had more enjoyable nights out in Gloucester to be honest

You can actually pull in Gloucester without mentioning your income.

Get up to Scotland mate, we've got all the classic Tom and Jerry - 4 x 90 minute DVD's and road runner.
    I really ought to get the toots some Bugs bunny - especially the one's with the Rootin; Tootin; bloke. What's he called? I'm sure they'll enjoy it.
    Pity I don't have a son, I would buy him a scalextrics set. A really big one.