sungod Posts: 17,125
edited March 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office of gmc, coffee, cloudy stuff, empire expanding webex, bail and wfh
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, raining but at least the snow and slush is disappearing, I might venture out on the bike this afternoon,
    Edit, Just got back with the dog , it’s stopped raining, mild more like a March morning.
    Have a good week
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    On the train again, but an appointment with the quack tomorrow gives me hope. In the meantime I'll have to keep on running.

Another busy week beckons, should get better after that.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,691
    Morning folks,
    How can it be Monday already? Weekend seems to have flown by again. Looking forward to a quiet week in the office as my immediate boss is off, the downsides are that he is chief tea maker and I might have to do some work. First things first though, I'd better go and make myself another cup of tea.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, where did it all go? The weekend an the snow. Least the commutes slightly less deadly now.

Busy on the roads I think parents are scared what left of the snow will kill their kids. Headache when I woke up I think the only reasonable solution is a nice slow whiskey in the office, likely followed by a P45, so the alternative of painkillers and water shall have to do.

V68, your going to need to train someone up for that role!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Morning

Still a couple of inches of snow on the road at home but it's starting to melt, should be able to drive home tonight. No cycling to work for logistical reasons (big heavy laptop bag).
    Hopefully normal service will resume from tomorrow.

Loads of bowls of chocolates out in the kitchen at work - that's breakfast sorted.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Gopping out there.

TDV is now away again, so let the fun commence.

Nice morning so far - we are doing a little experiment where we are applying to join our organisation to see if the system works. Currently deciding whether I should go back to the complete newbie assessment stage - i.e. Very very initial part of the process. Turn up at Pirbright with my suitcase and hope no one recognises me.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,081
    Feck that went quickly

Therefore today I’m wishing my life away hoping we get to Friday quicker
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Thought I'd already posted this morning but anyway, office day again. Loads to get sorted as I'm off to Tenerife to get embarrassed riding up hills on Wednesday. Can't say I had the most relaxing weekend as I slept in an igloo on Saturday night, managed to sleep very well but building the thing was knackering! Very sore. Going to make myself feel better by 'carb loading' for Tenerife...
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Late start. Lovely to be back on the bike in relatively dry and temperate conditions.
  • hopkinb
    HaydenM wrote:
    Can't say I had the most relaxing weekend as I slept in an igloo on Saturday night, managed to sleep very well but building the thing was knackering! Very sore. Going to make myself feel better by 'carb loading' for Tenerife...

Just realised what you are saying! You slept in an IGLOO? :shock:
  • Matthewfalle
    Oooooh - passed the initial questionnaire. Now have to have an interview with myself.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    hopkinb wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Can't say I had the most relaxing weekend as I slept in an igloo on Saturday night, managed to sleep very well but building the thing was knackering! Very sore. Going to make myself feel better by 'carb loading' for Tenerife...

Just realised what you are saying! You slept in an IGLOO? :shock:

28468082_10155942799915659_1075979309344804920_n.jpg?oh=eaa01090e804d33920907a4221f96534&oe=5B470EA9

There's a picture of me in it before I went to sleep but I look especially spaced out due to alcohol.

Sleeping mat, a 3 season sleeping bag, bivy bag and I was toasty. I had to build an extra lump on the outside then hollow it out for my feet though. I was quite surprised how much warmth it retained, I might have blocked up the entrance a bit had it been windy.

The girls tried to make theirs out of perfectly shaped bricks, took them 4 hours and it was only waist height with no roof. We pressured the OH to sleep in it anyway, she wasn't pleased...
  • hopkinb
    You read stuff saying igloos are lovely and warm! Guess you've proved it. Pretty cool thing to do, especially with kids. :D
  • Matthewfalle
    That does rock - hat. Biggly.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    Oooooh - passed the initial questionnaire. Now have to have an interview with myself.
    Your name is mamba80 and I claim my 5 quid.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Your name is mamba80 and I claim my 5 quid.

Nearly but not quite. Sorry.

However as it's you I'll share my fish supper and can of nice cold ice cold Panda Cola RichN95 is buying me when I'm in Old London Town.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    Not enough snow down here to build an igloo, that’s very cool.
    New bike appeared under the stairs at work today, unfortunately not mine. ‘Dale Synapse Disc so not bad at all. Had a bit of a squint, only cable discs and 105 so I won’t nick it as mine has better brakes and fatter tyres. I would be doing the owner a favour if I raised the seat and slammed the stem wouldn’t I.
  • veronese68
    MF in old Londinium town? When and why?
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,658
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Parole hearing?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ‘Dale Synapse Disc so not bad at all. Had a bit of a squint, only cable discs and 105 so I won’t nick it
    The cable discs is what pushed me to the CAAD12 105. I suppose cable brakes are simpler to maintain.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Parole hearing?

Psych assessment.

Me guess what I have been doing me? On second thoughts, don't bother.
    On the plus side, i'm about 40% through (not including the exterior).
    It's frikkin wet here which is the 'plus' in that it's no longer Baltic.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ‘Dale Synapse Disc so not bad at all. Had a bit of a squint, only cable discs and 105 so I won’t nick it
    The cable discs is what pushed me to the CAAD12 105. I suppose cable brakes are simpler to maintain.

That might persuade VN to nick it.
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

That might persuade VN to nick it.
    No, hydraulic is much lower maintenance. Cable discs need to be adjusted regularly, which at least means you look at the pads. No need to look at hydraulics, at least not until you realise the pads are worn out.
    Next bike will have full hydraulics rather than the converter I have now.
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Parole hearing?

Cheeky git. :)

May be popping down for work for a day in a few days coming up. I'll drop a warning note beforehand.

Bit nervous about going though - it'll be like when Marty first wakes up in the 1960s in the first of the trilogy.

Will I need a black baggy suit covered in pearls? Will I understand their funny voices? Do I need to bring my own piano?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Parole hearing?

Psych assessment.

Bizarrely given that today I applied for my own job I need to do my own psych assessment.

I reckon I'm well normal and perfectly qualified for everything.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Where will you be? I'll get you a pint and some pork scratchings if you're close by.

Just stick your thumbs in your braces and swagger down the Strand saying "'ave a banana". You'll fit right in.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    Where will you be? I'll get you a pint and some pork scratchings if you're close by.

Just stick your thumbs in your braces and swagger down the Strand saying "'ave a banana". You'll fit right in.

Cheers dude.

Not sure yet but will confirm when it's confirmed. Hopefully will be more than a flying visit. Last time I went down I was there for an hour...........

Do I have to call everyone Geezer? Is there a side of the road I have to walk on so I don't go against the flow like Mick Dundee?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Perhaps he needs a short list of essential words and phrases to get him through.

"Allo John, got a new mota...?"
    "Ow'z it goin' me ole' China?"
    "Awight mate?"
    "Diamond geezer"
  • hopkinb
    Just don't talk to anyone, scowl at anyone who does talk, and keep moving when you reach the top of an escalator, and make sure you have your ticket/oyster/debit card ready when you reach a gate line. The forrins are more friendly than the locals. Except sungod, he's local, and he sounds quite nice, if a bit pissed up on tawny port.
  • pinno