Carbon handle bars, which though?

2»

Comments

• gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,557

Thanks for all the replies.

Im gonna go for the 3t aerotundo, i like the longer reach and deep drops, got great reviews. Plus they will look sweet with my new 3t Apto stealth stem.

My bikefit told i need 42cm width bars for my size, but have read these bars come up even narrower on the hoods. Could anyone who has experience with these bars tell me if they went for their normal size? Or go up a size to compensate for the flared width?

Im currently riding on 44cm bars

I hope you're getting the seat post to match too.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,989

Thanks for all the replies.

Im gonna go for the 3t aerotundo, i like the longer reach and deep drops, got great reviews. Plus they will look sweet with my new 3t Apto stealth stem.

My bikefit told i need 42cm width bars for my size, but have read these bars come up even narrower on the hoods. Could anyone who has experience with these bars tell me if they went for their normal size? Or go up a size to compensate for the flared width?

Im currently riding on 44cm bars

I'd go 42cm, narrower bars are becoming fashionable and 42cm are still reasonably wide. You will adapt fairly quickly - I've gone down to 40cm on an XL frame and whilst I can't say for sure they are worth any watts I actually prefer the way they affect handling. Your choice though of course.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    cool.

did you get a staff discount?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.