friday how else we gonna stop ourselves going crazy?

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,545
edited March 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

maybe gym, really should go to gym, definitely, hmm, cafe, wfh

go away snow, wonder if the roads will clear enough for a ride this weekend
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, freezing this morning, the roads I ride on will still be covered in snow and ice for a few more days yet ,drifting snow just about shut Lincolnshire down yesterday, the wind has dropped a little but still blowing at 20 mph according to my weather app, dog to be walked soon at least he enjoys the deep snow
    What a welcome to spring
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,545
    i saw lincolnshire on the news, looked bleak, no sign of "continent cut off from uk" headlines though, they missed a chance there

gym gymned, a profound sludginess has set in, went via park for some of the white stuff, far more pleasant

time to get the paper and catch up on the noos over some coffees and a pastry
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    oxoman wrote:
    Parts of Lincolnshire always struggle due to drifting snow, been stuck a few times in the past around Sleaford and Spalding trying to get digs at short notice, pictures on tv of tractor dragging an ambulance reminded me of being dragged in a transit. Take care out there LD.

Will do oxoman, some roads a still closed due to drifting snow and ice, with the county being rural and the flat fens, the wolds are virtually cut off as well according to the local radio
    I’m pleased it is a rear event the last time was 2010 , let’s hope it’s another 8 years before it happens again
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,315
    Morning folks,
    Found a whole new level of crazy in an article last night. A group of US gun nuts were having a church service to renew their wedding vows. But in light of recent things they decided to pray for their assault rifles and brought them in to be blessed. Because that didn't make them look crazy enough they decided they should all wear crowns. Utterly batshit crazy doesn't even begin to cover it.
    Still chilly, but not quite as bad as it was. Rather blowy as well. Supposed to be going to a gig tonight but one of our number dropped out last night and I wouldn't be surprised if the other does. Seeing as they are the ones that wanted to go to this I'm not sure I can be bothered to go on my own. That reminds me, must get a ticket to SLF.
    Other than that the cafe is calling for lunch and I need to get through the day without murderising anyone. Abusing customers will have to suffice.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,682
    I caught a mouse last night, by hand, well by hand plus a plastic tub. Pretty damned impressive reaction times I'm thinking. Little fella had come in from the cold to warm himself by the stove, can't blame him for that, but as missus goes into shock at mere sight of such, pack your thermals pal, you're back outside.

Roads and trains messed up round these parts, staying put, get those stoves revved up again.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,493
    The dog showed his appeciation of the pristine snow in the back garden taking a dump on it. He also found the fox footprints quite interesting.

Now at dentist then into work for more fun.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod wrote:
    i saw lincolnshire on the news, looked bleak,

Thats Scotland, or maybe Wales
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, very vacant office today just me an two others the rest are likely dead or kidnapped. Not sure if its snowing still or just whats settled being blown about but were due for some more later.

Currently hatching plans on how to get sent home early, so far its cold water on the pipes to freeze them.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Sunburn is a bit of a bugger :wink:
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Left the bike at home, slightly ashamed of myself as there was no real reason to do so apart from the grim wind.

Plenty to be getting on with here, so I'll do that for a bit, then get some coffee, then some lunch. I've been smashing the crossword all week, so either I'm getting better, or they're dumbing that down along with everything else.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Found a whole new level of crazy in an article last night. A group of US gun nuts were having a church service to renew their wedding vows. But in light of recent things they decided to pray for their assault rifles and brought them in to be blessed. Because that didn't make them look crazy enough they decided they should all wear crowns. Utterly batshit crazy doesn't even begin to cover it.

Also, this is hilarious

http://time.com/5178100/gun-injuries-nra-conventions/

I enjoy guns, the UK gun laws work.

Looks like they are struggling to keep the main road to the hospital open due to drifts, no extra snow overnight, just crazy winds. The sooner they discharge the OH the better really. Working from home again, no work has been done all week
  • haydenm
    hopkinb wrote:
    Left the bike at home, slightly ashamed of myself as there was no real reason to do so apart from the grim wind.

Perfectly reasonable
  • veronese68
    HaydenM wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Perfectly reasonable
    I feel a bit like that as I could ride in. But, I still haven't fully recovered from the plague and I don't want to make it worse, plus it's bloody freezing. As driving in doesn't take any longer and it means I can give the Mrs a lift home I'm just driving at the moment.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,868
    Working from home as the road is blocked. Meant a nice family walk and back at my desk before 8 - so all good

Contemplating taking the afternoon off to go snowboarding :)

Later should be out for a meal with the youngest for his birthday eve, might be at the local now
  • haydenm
    oxoman wrote:
    Well I managed to drop the wife at work and went for a play in the snow. Totally under estimated the drifts. Well impressed with the Cactus,s performance in the snow just wish it was 4x4 and had a bit more clearance.

A lot of the guys in one of the companies I work with have 'SUV' type cars for the ground clearance even if they are just fwd, seems to work well. They have a fairly rubbish/expensive company car list to pick off which makes it hugely expensive in tax if you are a junior member of staff. I'm half tempted by a 4wd suv rather than a pickup next but I can get a better spec due to the VAT claim back, and its handy for the dog/firewood/bikes. The GF's 4wd mini was scuppered by clearance in the last load of snow
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,340
    orraloon wrote:
    I caught a mouse last night, by hand, well by hand plus a plastic tub. Pretty damned impressive reaction times I'm thinking. Little fella had come in from the cold to warm himself by the stove, can't blame him for that, but as missus goes into shock at mere sight of such, pack your thermals pal, you're back outside.

Roads and trains messed up round these parts, staying put, get those stoves revved up again.

So this poor little rodent had come in for some warmth and was slow as he was hypothermic and you stuffed him back out in the cold to die instead of at least giving him a night's respite and putting him out at day break? :roll:

Damn blowy here and cold. Day off from that painting malarkey. Plan is:

Rollers, sauna, coffee and cake.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    sauna

:shock: :shock: :shock:

You lucky sod.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Cold here so ensconced in face drinking coffee.

Have funeral to go to in a bit - trying to get out of going to the wake as a couple of the phuckwombles who will be there will make me say something to them that isn't suitable for the occasion. One in particular is up for a kick in the gooch. Actually, make that three of them.

Working tomorrow looking after some bods and lunch with la famiglia on Sunday.

HaydenM wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Also, this is hilarious

http://time.com/5178100/gun-injuries-nra-conventions/

I enjoy guns, the UK gun laws work.

Looks like they are struggling to keep the main road to the hospital open due to drifts, no extra snow overnight, just crazy winds. The sooner they discharge the OH the better really. Working from home again, no work has been done all week

I frickin hate guns but agree - UK guns laws work. Those in Switzerland seem to work pretty well as well. As before, I personally can't see the attraction of owning or needing some of this stuff......
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    sauna

You lucky sod.

It's Pinno.

By sauna he means masturbating in the airing cupboard.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    Morning

Couldn't WFH today as I didn't take laptop etc. with me so spent an hour this morning digging snow off our road to get to work - about 300 mm deep on one side, 20 mm on the other because of the wind. Main roads all fine and dandy again.
    A bloke with most of his teeth missing helpfully told me that the road was covered in snow as he walked past.

Huge queue in Greggs this morning, and they'd run out of sausages. I couldn't wait 5 mins for the next batch to be cooked so had to settle for a bacon and egg bap.

Might WFH this afternoon, or might take half day off and play about in the white stuff.
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Day off today. Should have been a ride day but all the kids are home and roads are icy or sludgy.
    I will be walking into town for emergency supplies, but may do a recon to see if an MTB ride may be doable.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,402
    Cold here so ensconced in face drinking coffee.

Have funeral to go to in a bit - trying to get out of going to the wake as a couple of the phuckwombles who will be there will make me say something to them that isn't suitable for the occasion.
    Oi! Less of the womble phucking.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • orraloon
    Pinno wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    ...caught a mouse last night...

So this poor little rodent had come in for some warmth and was slow as he was hypothermic and you stuffed him back out in the cold to die instead of at least giving him a night's respite and putting him out at day break? :roll:
    Could've fed it to the feral cat which lives in our shed and scrounges food from us and neighbours so getting turfed into the cold only was a bonus
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    sauna

You lucky sod.

It's Pinno.

I thought he might be setting fire to his farts in the shed, but gave him the benefit of the doubt.
  • orraloon
    oxoman wrote:
    Orraloon you wuss, i wouldn't have just chucked it out i would have made sure it didn't get a second chance to get back in...
    If that mouse made it back in from the other side of the street wall through 8"/20cm of soft drifted snow then fair play to it.
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman wrote:
    Orraloon you wuss, i wouldn't have just chucked it out i would have made sure it didn't get a second chance to get back in. Pinno perhaps he can catch it again to send to you and pee all over your gaff. Hate rats and mice and the only good ones are food for bigger animals and birds.. sounds like the cats slacking or your feeding it to much.
    Careful now, Pinno is our resident animal rights activist. He'll be round your house with some Molotov cocktails shortly...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    sauna

You lucky sod.

It's Pinno.

:lol::lol::lol:

Oi, Womble! Hope you haven't crashed your fancy new car with all this snow.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    sauna

You lucky sod.

It's Pinno.

I just don't believe it - there's no way he owns his own airing cupboard. I thought he lived in a swamp with a wall around it.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    sauna

You lucky sod.

It's Pinno.

I just don't believe it - there's no way he owns his own airing cupboard. I thought he lived in a swamp with some rusty old barbed wire, tin cans and anything else he stole from people's bins around it.

FTFY

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:

Don't know if it's new but it's a people carrier FFS so definitely not fancy :)