edited February 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym to try out knee, cafe, wfh, distinct nippiness developing

seems like a long week, almost as if it started on sunday
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, back to frost here, a cold walk with Tigger this morning he has gone back to his bed,probably the best idea, it would be nice to see the sun out what a miserable week it’s been
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Puppy walked, cold but not frozen out there

Lots of talking about work today, with very little being done
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    gym gymned, cut the weight right down, nothing seemed to snap, guess it'll be a couple of months building back up to pre crimbo oomph

cafe beckons, shall i have berries with the pain au choc? sadly no pineapple there

enjoy interviews, be outrageous
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    No bike today, got a meeting late this afternoon so can't be bothered. Maybe a run at lunchtime but probably not.

Only 330 more photos that need renaming, have a program to speed it it but the hard bit is remembering what the photos were meant to show.

There's something really urgent I need to do today, but I can't remember what it is.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    sungod wrote:
    seems like a long week, almost as if it started on sunday
    Yeah thanks for that :roll:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Treaclish ride in this morning, can't be me, must be the air pressure.

It's amazing how much you can forget (everything) if you don't drive since passing your test. Think I may delay buying a newish car and buy an old banger to use as a bumper car until I get the hang of things again.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    Plague ridden and have to stay at home, very dull. If I didn’t feel like death warmed up I could do something useful. Sick days are wasted when you’re sick. Worst thing is there’s nobody to make me tea.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    seanoconn wrote:

It's amazing how much you can forget (everything) if you don't drive since passing your test. Think I may delay buying a newish car and buy an old banger to use as a bumper car until I get the hang of things again.

Yeah, last night I was awesome. This morning, awful.

Good thing about London traffic is that you can never really go fast, sitting in a traffic jam is easy.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    seanoconn wrote:

Snap chuggy one in today couldn't seem to keep a decent speed so going with high air pressure increasing aero resistance etc etc.

delightful brekkie combo this morning of Taylor Java Lava (aka LOx/LH2) and croissants, I feel all fancy for a change.

Lunch they are getting pizza in, which is nice except I cant eat pizza due to the dam cheese (hippy lactose sensitivity millennial disease) So I've scouted the menu and done the only sensible thing and asked for a great pile of fried chicken and wedges.

Later shall debate methods of removing the anodising off the other brake lever seeing as the hours of fine sanding last time was tiresome to say the least, current thinking is dremel or drill and a flap wheel, which should prove far quicker.
  • thistle_
    Step83 wrote:
    Lunch they are getting pizza in, which is nice except I cant eat pizza due to the dam cheese (hippy lactose sensitivity millennial disease) So I've scouted the menu and done the only sensible thing and asked for a great pile of fried chicken and wedges.
    Where are they getting the pizza from? Some places will do it without the cheese and swap it for extra meat. Fried chicken on the pizza might be pushing it a bit.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Its Dominos, I did check if you ring up they will un cheese a pizza but to be honest I prefer the sides they may be a little less greasy as well, all of a milligram I suspect.
  • tlw1
    seanoconn wrote:

Only one quote needed

When in doubt, flat out
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, was at a site this morning that has potential to turn into a total disaster, looking good so far.

In a weird turn of events I have received excellent service from a bike shop AND the royal mail! The dropper post was broken on the new bike when I got it last Thursday, I rang the shop on Saturday who apologised profusely despite it not really being their fault, they asked me to post it back and they would send a new on in the post without needing to warranty it as it's a known issue. I posted the post on Monday evening 1st class, then the new one arrived yesterday in the same packaging I sent mine in. I'm not sure whether I should be impressed that the royal mail sent my parcel from Scotland to Cardiff then back again in such a short space of time, and the quick turnaround by the shop but it's certainly beaten my expectations!

Sunset Cycles if anyone is interested, good prices and good service
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    My lack of speed when I finally get back on a bike next month will be quite amusing. Having to go running for now to get some exercise - boring.

At least work is quite interesting today with some global tax dodging to be done.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    HaydenM wrote:
    I posted the post on Monday evening 1st class, then the new one arrived yesterday in the same packaging I sent mine in.
    Are you sure Royal Mail didn't just deliver your original parcel back to you, bypassing the middleman in Cardiff?
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    HaydenM wrote:
    I posted the post on Monday evening 1st class, then the new one arrived yesterday in the same packaging I sent mine in.
    Are you sure Royal Mail didn't just deliver your original parcel back to you, bypassing the middleman in Cardiff?

I did think that when I saw my handwriting on the front, this post seems to work though so maybe they have a KS mechanic working in the depot. Either way, good service
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Step83 wrote:
    Later shall debate methods of removing the anodising off the other brake lever seeing as the hours of fine sanding last time was tiresome to say the least, current thinking is dremel or drill and a flap wheel, which should prove far quicker.

I saw an ad in the comic some years ago for a polishing service. I thought 'there's no way i'm paying that' and decided I would polish a Chorus crankset... myself... by hand. 5 hours later :roll: :

9717682735_6e19542553_z.jpg

Anyway, f*cking painting again me. It's either a base layer on top of the new plaster or undercoat ready for gloss. In other words: painting twice.

If there is an upside, at least I have done a few door facias and curtain plank mount thingy's.
    Every day has started cloudy and cold and then the sun has popped out.
    Tomorrow shall be indoor pedalling and then some tinkering on the old new banger - fiddly job of fitting a new crankshaft speed sensor.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    HaydenM wrote:
    Morning, was at a site this morning that has potential to turn into a total disaster, looking good so far.

In a weird turn of events I have received excellent service from a bike shop AND the royal mail! The dropper post was broken on the new bike when I got it last Thursday, I rang the shop on Saturday who apologised profusely despite it not really being their fault, they asked me to post it back and they would send a new on in the post without needing to warranty it as it's a known issue. I posted the post on Monday evening 1st class, then the new one arrived yesterday in the same packaging I sent mine in. I'm not sure whether I should be impressed that the royal mail sent my parcel from Scotland to Cardiff then back again in such a short space of time, and the quick turnaround by the shop but it's certainly beaten my expectations!

Sunset Cycles if anyone is interested, good prices and good service

Cardiff

Wales

God’s own country

Say no more
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666

Cardiff

Wales

God’s own country

Say no more
    Thank God I'm an atheist :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    If you weren't an atheist, seeing Wales described as God's own country is enough to make you one.
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    If you weren't an atheist, seeing Wales described as God's own country is enough to make you one.
    Although seeing this evening's episode of lefty putting foot well and truly in it in Cake Stop has restored my faith somewhat.

Seem to remember there was another lefty fave of yours with duplicate accounts not long ago?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Although seeing this evening's episode of lefty putting foot well and truly in it in Cake Stop has restored my faith somewhat.

Seem to remember there was another lefty fave of yours with duplicate accounts not long ago?

Lefties with split personalities. not of sound mind. Who'd have thought it?
  • tlw1
    oxoman wrote:
    Cheers SG, currently debating 3 definates offers one imminent and possibly an offer from previous employer from ten years ago after they contacted me. Nice position to be in but bloody hard work and stressful. Fingers crossed I make the right choice.
    :D
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Cardiff

Wales

God’s own country

Say no more

Heretic! :)
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Cardiff

Wales

God’s own country

Say no more

Arguably the ultimate victimless crime.
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Burn the heretic! Burn him with fire then throw his remains into next door's garden
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Burn the heretic! Burn him with fire then throw his remains into next door's garden
    Bloody Catholics, we obviously didn't burn enough of them when we had the chance :P
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Bloody Catholics, we obviously didn't burn enough of them when we had the chance :P
    You'll have to wait until the 5th November, I think it's still legal to burn a catholic on that day.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    You'll have to wait until the 5th November, I think it's still legal to burn a catholic on that day.
    I could surprise Strifey with a 'hot date' in November :twisted:
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I could surprise Strifey with a 'hot date' in November :twisted:
    Where am I taking her :mrgreen: