My hardtail builds

2»

Comments

• I can’t stop looking at that Kona picture now. Would obtaining and putting Kona stickers on it be allowed? :roll:

I'm sure you will get away with it and there are a wide range of stickers available on ebay if you don't have the equipment to print them yourself.

Maybe make up your own Kona model just to confuse people. Especially as Kona like interesting names see if you can create something in that spirit.

How about Kona Luau (Kona haven't used that yet and it means feast and party in Hawaiian).

As you cycle you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you are confusing anyone who knows about Kona bikes who sees it.

Whatever it would be good to give the bike its own identity. You have created it and normally such creations need a name.
  • Jimny14
    Jimny14 Posts: 54
    It did cross my mind but because I did this at work I didn’t have any means to do it. It felt feather lite when I’d stripped it down but then everything does when you work on HGVs for a living :lol:

Fair enough, I'm not too bothered just can't be arsed stripping mine to weigh it.
  • I will be that guy and I'm surprised no one has said it.

You spend £500 on Apollo!? Seems crazy but each to their own.
    I built some Slacklines, Cotic souls, BFE for about £400 each, I'd cry if I'd spent £500 on a bike worth £50-£80.
    Hopefully it rides like a a dream.
  • Picked this unloved 2011 voodoo hoodoo last weekend.

41060474595_1308c9537d_k.jpg

Replaced the chain, both gear cables with outers and the remote lockout cable with outer as well. I changed the seat and post off the other bike temporarily as the seat post was only 3 inches long for some reason. Currently in the middle of giving it a good clean. The paint needs touching up in places. Hopefully get it out for a ride this weekend :D

41125903765_0046d14b9b_k.jpg

I love Joe Murray frames.
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Very similar to my Carrera but without the gussets
  • craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    So how's the paintwork fairing on the original build? My experience with self-painted bikes is they look fine for a week or two but the finish is easily damaged. I don't think I ever lacquered though.
  • craker wrote:
    So how's the paintwork fairing on the original build? My experience with self-painted bikes is they look fine for a week or two but the finish is easily damaged. I don't think I ever lacquered though.

The paint is ok. It wasnt the best to begin with. Whether lacquering it was a good idea or not I don’t know. Usually with cars you only do it with metallic paint. I was so eager to build the bike I don’t think I allowed enough drying time for it to go fully hard. More patience needed next time but there is a few chips appearing here and there. I may strip it back and do a better job when I finally get it back off my other half who has taken a liking to it. :roll:
  • Hi DudeManchoo72 I have an Apollo Phaze the same as the one you have modified/improved and I am currently doing similar to mine and I want to replace the suspension forks. I have read that when replacing the suspension forks it is recommended not to exceed the original suspension travel by more than 20mm to 25mm otherwise it has a serious affect on the geometry and ride of the bike. I have noticed that the forks you have put on it have 100mm of travel, double the travel that the original SR Suntour M2000 have, can you remember how this affected the geometry and ride of the bike?