sunday nipping into sarov for a look around

2»

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    so far though, barcelona is lovely. nothing like Prestatyn mind you, but not a lot is.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    In Gotica no?

Cafe Roma in the morning for a Whisky Espresso for you sir.

will try and track down and have a gander - gracias.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    jusr been watching Russian MTV. Quietly surreal.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Sure you have everything planned out, but La sagrada familia is utterly amazing. It's a bit like the parish church in Aberystwyth, but bigger. I went to a sandwich shop on my way back from there, called something like entrepanes diaz. Very art deco interior, delicious suckling pork sandwich.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,081
    Been to a pals house followed by the pub, Good end to a Sunday
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    Pinno wrote:
    In Gotica no?

Cafe Roma in the morning for a Whisky Espresso for you sir.

will try and track down and have a gander - gracias.

De nada. It's half way down Las Ramblas.

Oh, and you have to go to Parc Guell.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Really enjoyed Barcelona, did a long weekend there in February a few years back. Hop on-off tourist buses are great, thankfully we had a stop very near our hotel. Parc Guell as Piña says and Segrada Familia as H³ says. Montjuic is worth a trip, the hill although I do like a Laverda, we had a go on the cable car up there. Lots of places to eat, can't remember the names of any in particular. Enjoy, I'm well jel.
  • pinno
    Parc de Montjuic is lovely. We walked to the top through the gardens and got the cable car down. Seemed more rewarding that way around.
    I can't remember the name of the indoor market near the Arc de Triomf (I think) underground stop. Much better than las Boqueria de las ramblas and not over priced. Worth a visit and great for eats of all descriptions.

Ah, here you go - near Montjuic:

Mercat de Sants
    Located in the neighbourhood of Sants, near Montjuïc, Mercat de Sants is another example of stunning modernista architecture; a large and spacious brick building with ornate details and charming original features. Inside it has a surprisingly modern feeling, its high vaulted ceiling providing a light and roomy atmosphere. The stalls offer the usual fresh produce as well as several counters where you can buy ready-made meals and snacks such as pastas, croquettes, empanadas and salads.

Neighbourhood: Sants-Montjuïc
    Carrer de Sant Jordi, 6
    Plaça de Sants (M: L1, L5)

Don't bother with the Zoo. Nice area of Barcelona to wander around but the zoo itself is not good. Enclosures are too small and it's very pricey for what it is.
  • Matthewfalle
    cheers guys - have been bouncing your suggestions off TDV and she is affirmative of the suggestions.makes a change from her trying to bounce cups off my noggin.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,125
    make sure you try all the cakes, and the wine, unlike the sugary cack imported into the uk, there're some good cavas that are rarely found outside spain - had a really nice bottle of kripta brut nature in seville once, worth a try if you spot it on the wine list

and cheese of course, and cured meats, plus the peppers, and the fish, just watch out for the little meatballs that i suspect are actually dog testicles and goat lung
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    cheers guys - have been bouncing your suggestions off TDV and she is affirmative of the suggestions.makes a change from her trying to bounce cups off my noggin.
    One other - if you can/want to get out of town, hop on the train and visit the Freixenet winery. Its got 140 million litres of the stuff in an underground complex that a Bond villain would be proud of, and a very cheap factory shop.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Hop on the bus from BARCELONA Estacio del Nord - SANT FELIU GUIXOLS Estació.

Sant Feliu Guixols is a gorgeous small town with a great little beach and plenty of places to eat. There's also a play park for the Los niños.

https://compras.moventis.es/paginas/res ... yectos.php
  • Matthewfalle
    i feel that instead of a pisssspoor 4 overpriced beers in a rubbish London pub a la Po Face, Christmas '18 Bracketeer drinks will be in Barca.

tomorrow is Park Giall, lunch, Famiglia Sagria cathedral thing, Picasso museum, vino tinto.

many thanks for all suggestions.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    sungod wrote:
    make sure you try all the cakes, and the wine, unlike the sugary cack imported into the uk, there're some good cavas that are rarely found outside spain - had a really nice bottle of kripta brut nature in seville once, worth a try if you spot it on the wine list

and cheese of course, and cured meats, plus the peppers, and the fish, just watch out for the little meatballs that i suspect are actually dog testicles and goat lung

this x 10,000.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    i feel that instead of a pisssspoor 4 overpriced beers in a rubbish London pub a la Po Face, Christmas '18 Bracketeer drinks will be in Barca.

tomorrow is Park Giall, lunch, Famiglia Sagria cathedral thing, Picasso museum, vino tinto.

many thanks for all suggestions.
    As long as were nit in the same pub as the Po Face Massive, no problem. Although if you're going to do overseas, do it properly and I'll host it over in Tokyo where I'll be spending some time from April/May onwards 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]