Training Plan Without Power

BenBilly348
BenBilly348 Posts: 9
Hello,

I have a race coming up in May and I really need to step up my training. It's my first year of racing and therefore I'm not ready to spend a heap of money on a power meter also because I'm a student and have no money. Basically I'm curios to see if there is any training plans in existence that don't use power and are really just a general guide on what to do each week. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Ben

Comments

• Hello,

I have a race coming up in May and I really need to step up my training. It's my first year of racing and therefore I'm not ready to spend a heap of money on a power meter also because I'm a student and have no money. Basically I'm curios to see if there is any training plans in existence that don't use power and are really just a general guide on what to do each week. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Ben

Whilst power is great to train with you can quite easily train without it. Investing in a heart rate monitor (HRM) would be a good addition and that would open up a lot of possibilities for you. British cycling have a number of plans on their site, the time crunched cyclist might also be worth looking at too. First thing you need to do is work out how many hours per week you can train, what particular demands your race will have and then start building a plan around that. It's not as hard as some would have you think.