Elmnt Bolt

Comments

• No issue with little blue cover thingy although I'm on my 2nd Bolt. First one lasted from June 2017 until Dec then display went all distorted for seemingly no reason. Was using on the turbo at the time so definitely wasn't a jolt etc. Anyway, no quibble from Wiggle as they replaced within a few days. New one so far so good although with the dire weather it's not been used much...
  • LiamW
    LiamW Posts: 358
    Just a quick update.

Went out last night on the club circuit run and had fiddled with the cover before setting off. No issues at all from during the 25 miles, and it was still in place after i took it off when i had got home.

I did pull the left hand side of the cover a bit further out, so i'm thinking this obviously helped it.
  • jpower
    jpower Posts: 554
    Had mine 9 months can’t say I’ve seen this issue.
  • Well, I received an unexpected refund from CR yesterday for my Bolt. Strange, as I asked due an exchange, but they were very good (and apologetic), about the mistake and sorted out the exchange. I expect I'll get it back Monday. Really hope it's ok and not another from a bad batch, otherwise it's back to Garmut..
  • Oh ffs...

Replacement unit finally arrived today, and guess what :roll:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8DDcdpmP32chgwJ03
  • harry-s
    harry-s Posts: 295
    Hmmm, commiserations. Good to see CRC are on the ball.
    I returned my unit the same day as you, and haven't heard a thing yet.
    In the meantime, I managed to fix my 1000, so based on your experience, I may go for a refund rather than an exchange.
  • Harry-S wrote:
    In the meantime, I managed to fix my 1000, so based on your experience, I may go for a refund rather than an exchange.

Definitely a bad batch.

Third time lucky, or do I revert to Garmin?! Shame, as I'm really interested in the Bolt, but unless CR can source from a different batch, I don't hold much hope. I sold my old 500 too, so been without a 'puter for cpl of weeks now.
  • dstev55
    dstev55 Posts: 742
    Harry-S wrote:

Definitely a bad batch.

Third time lucky, or do I revert to Garmin?! Shame, as I'm really interested in the Bolt, but unless CR can source from a different batch, I don't hold much hope. I sold my old 500 too, so been without a 'puter for cpl of weeks now.

Get a refund and try another retailer?

I've had mine 8 months and no issues whatsoever. The port cover doesn't exactly sit tight and firm but it doesn't come open either so no problem for me.

Incidentally I had this issue with my old Garmin 500 however the cover was held shut when you put it on the out front mount so it became a non-issue.
  • dstev55 wrote:
    Harry-S wrote:

Definitely a bad batch.

I've had mine 8 months and no issues whatsoever. The port cover doesn't exactly sit tight and firm but it doesn't come open either so no problem for me.

Incidentally I had this issue with my old Garmin 500 however the cover was held shut when you put it on the out front mount so it became a non-issue.

Yep I'm thinking of ordering direct from Wahoo and hopefully this time lucky! Shame I'll lose the BC discount though
  • jpower
    dstev55 wrote:
    Harry-S wrote:

Definitely a bad batch.

Yep I'm thinking of ordering direct from Wahoo and hopefully this time lucky! Shame I'll lose the BC discount though

You can ask Wahoo to do the replacement, might be a little more hassle but you may be able to keep your discount.

Checked mine and it sits in place as it should.
  • LiamW
    Wish i could ask Wahoo for a replacement. Used mine twice since i got it couple of weeks ago and now it's disappeared. Can't find it anywhere, ripped the house apart to no avail.

Grrrr.
  • jpower
    LiamW wrote:
    Wish i could ask Wahoo for a replacement. Used mine twice since i got it couple of weeks ago and now it's disappeared. Can't find it anywhere, ripped the house apart to no avail.

Grrrr.

:shock: OMG - You just made me go look where I put mine.
  • supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    LiamW wrote:

Grrrr.

It's always in the last place you look, save time and look there first. Jersey pocket?
  • LiamW
    Had it on Wednesday during our weekly circuit run, took it off and thought i placed it with the rest of my gear in my own personal cupboard. Had a clear out Thursday night and i'm thinking i've dumped it with a load of rubbish then. Bins were emptied on Monday.....:(
  • Has anyone tried a silicone cover? If so, does it give any extra protection around the usb port? I think I'd like to get one as an added protection
  • harry-s
    harry-s Posts: 295
    My replacement arrived from Wiggle today.
    Unlike the first one, the USB flap seems like it's staying put. The silicone flap is made of a noticeably softer material than the previous one, so as mentioned earlier, seems like it must have been a bad batch.
  • glenwatt
    glenwatt Posts: 155
    Harry-S wrote:
    Unlike the first one, the USB flap seems like it's staying put. The silicone flap is made of a noticeably softer material than the previous one, so as mentioned earlier, seems like it must have been a bad batch.

Good to hear.
    My replacement is enroute from Wiggle as we speak.
    I hope it stays put this time.
    Glen

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.
  • Harry-S wrote:

Glad your finally sorted! Still waiting on my second return. Asked for refund this time so I can try a different vendor (probably Wahoo UK direct).
  • andi1363
    andi1363 Posts: 350
    I bought one this weekend from CRC and It has the defiant USB cover. I cleaned the silicon, port and small hole with Acetone solvent then dried with a paper towel and its now staying in!
  • robbo2011
    robbo2011 Posts: 1,017
    Be careful with using acetone, it will solubilise a lot of common plastics!
  • andi1363
    andi1363 Posts: 350
    yes I know. Just dampened an ear bud and dried immediately.
  • Anyone know if Wahoo UK will warrant BC discount codes? Received refund from CR, but shame I lose my 10% discount
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Anyone know if Wahoo UK will warrant BC discount codes? Received refund from CR, but shame I lose my 10% discount

No they won't.
  • Well, looks like it's third time lucky!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/d9NX0mjguMie4V3S2

Ordered direct from Wahoo/ NDL
  • Out of interest, anyone know how to get the Bolt to lap by position like my Garmin used to? ie automatically trigger lap each time it crosses finish line in a circuit?
  • Out of interest, anyone know how to get the Bolt to lap by position like my Garmin used to? ie automatically trigger lap each time it crosses finish line in a circuit?

Forget it. I've since learnt from Wahoo that it can't do this...yet :lol:

Bit less concentration on flashing lights n whistles maybe, and more thought to actual useful functions. My old Garmin 500 did this very well, and was very handy for road circuit races etc...

Bit less concentration on flashing lights n whistles maybe, and more thought to actual useful functions. My old Garmin 500 did this very well, and was very handy for road circuit races etc...

I get the feeling this device may not be for you
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles

I get the feeling this device may not be for you

How so?

Other than two faulty devices, I've not really got much else to say. The omission of the GPS lap marker is pretty lame IMO, but to be fair, Wahoo support have flagged it with the developers and it will probably make the next firmware release they reckon.

Not had chance to test it out on the road much so far, so look forward to some more "constructive criticism" :wink:
  • okeewi
    okeewi Posts: 1
    Just got mine a few weeks ago and yes, the little blue rubber cover is a b*tch to get in and stay. They haven't fixed the problem.
  • okeewi said:

Just got mine a few weeks ago and yes, the little blue rubber cover is a b*tch to get in and stay. They haven't fixed the problem.

Oh dear...

A mentioned above, took me three attempts to finally get a unit that wasn't faulty. Can only assume the Chain Reaction batch were duff. Cancelled, and went straight to Wahoo, which has been fine.

I'd suggest (assuming yours isn't direct from Wahoo), you get a refund and order from them. At least they may ensure that the unit they send to you doesn't have the issue.