Best DIY safety glasses for cycling

2»

Comments

• trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    Just get some fake Oakleys for £6 off AliExpress like everyone else. Then you can look cool and be a cheapskate.
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    Health and safety glasses are all legit and don't mess up your eyes. Dodgy glasses aren't good for eyesight :shock:
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • trek_dan wrote:
    Just get some fake Oakleys for £6 off AliExpress like everyone else. Then you can look cool and be a cheapskate.
    I was put off after that bloke posted his cut eyes and face on the web.

Hi cOakleys didn't fare too well after a crash.
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    Been using Screwfix for a number of items in the last few years. Safety/Sunglasses, because I have dropped several pairs and because they also offer impact resistance as well as UV etc - at less than a tenner they are basically consumables. I’ve also used some of their thermal/rubber gloves which are about a fiver a pair and unbelievably warm while maintaining good dexterity. My best ‘find’ has been their heavy duty degreaser though, £8.99 for 5 litres and it is brilliant for cleaning your bike, especially the drivetrain - the oily dirt literally drips off after a few seconds. About a tenth of the price of Muc-off and the like and can be used neat or diluted. It is water based and has not caused any issues with the paintwork or any other surfaces on my bike, brilliant stuff. I don’t mind paying for quality and I have several expensive, branded versions of the above items but these do the job more than adequately, better in some cases.
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    I've often thought about this but written it off due to me having to wear prescription glasses(can't wear contacts).My prescription was due last week and I handed it in to my works medical and found out I can have my variofocal lenses put it to these:-

5a7da0191e890.jpg

Bolle Tryon RX.OK so they're clear(I can't get work to stretch to Transitions :roll: ) but they're free 8)
    I'll have to "lose" them month or so after I get them to get another pair for work :lol:
    Not sure how daft they'll look but It'll save me £225 8)
  • Amazon search Victgoal sports sunglasses.

The ones I got are £12 come with a hard case and five interchangeable lenses. All have uv protection and one lense is polarised so dual use for anglers amongst us.