saturday dilating pupils with lsd, to better see reality

2»

Comments

• Pinno wrote:
    I dunno. This is quite nice:

media.jpg?id=597cc165a85043eab3d52c82830d7c7b&width=1024&height=768
    If you're gonna buy old Porsche, do it properly...
    554533.jpg
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Pinno wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Pretty German shed.

Let's face it, I’m scared of bikes

FTFY

Sure, if you are young and have no dependencies or you're not going to go silly and mangle yourself, relying on other people to spoon feed you in a wheelchair dribbling your last for the rest of your life.
    We get too many of these motorbiking tw@ts going along the A75 at silly speeds sometimes splatting themselves into the front end of a truck on their way to and from the TT or the Northwest 200. Sport bikes are so damn quick and the only place to let loose is properly and on a race track.

If I wanted to be sensible I'd buy an anorak.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    I dunno. This is quite nice:

media.jpg?id=597cc165a85043eab3d52c82830d7c7b&width=1024&height=768
    If you're gonna buy old Porsche, do it properly...
    554533.jpg

that thing at the bottom is cool. I'd have one of them. the thing on top is what hairdressers or auditors have.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • that thing at the bottom is cool. I'd have one of them. the thing on top is what hairdressers or auditors have.
    The fuel and repair/maintenance bills are epic, but they're a lovely thing to drive. Very rare out here to see that GTS model, becoming a bit collectible.
  • Matthewfalle
    A friend used to have a yellow one. Sounds like it would be rubbish but it looked ridiculously cool.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I just got back from star wars film. Am I sad to have really enjoyed it?
    Eating cheese, drinking tawny port. Any good new years eve plans for you other bb guys? I'm rather hoping to be in bed before 11, then spend all of January off me bollix on coke and mucky prossies. Or not drink. It is definitely one of those.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    If you're going to do Porsche, do it properly...GT3 RS

02.jpg
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,081
    hopkinb wrote:
    I just got back from star wars film. Am I sad to have really enjoyed it?
    Eating cheese, drinking tawny port. Any good new years eve plans for you other bb guys? I'm rather hoping to be in bed before 11, then spend all of January off me bollix on coke and mucky prossies. Or not drink. It is definitely one of those.

I enjoyed Star Wars - but first film I've seen in 3D!

New Year's Eve is a school disco at ours - maybe buying a smoke machine tomorrow
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086

Yup, if you have a spare £30k +.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:

02.jpg

Too serious. That 928 or a late 80s 911 like you would find in Miami Vice.

Cool as.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo 666 wrote:

02.jpg

Cool as.
    This.

A bit like Pinno with sports bikes, I don't see much point in these stripped down, lightweight race versions unless you are going to actually race, or at least spend your time at track days, and then who has a spare half mill to fund that habit? I'm sure it would be fun/scary once or twice to drive, but on public road on a regular basis? No thanks...

Besides, we were discussing OLD Porsches. :D
  • A friend used to have a yellow one. Sounds like it would be rubbish but it looked ridiculously cool.

1992_Porsche_928_GTS_003_4614.jpg

I like it. :D
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

02.jpg

Cool as.
    This.

A bit like Pinno with sports bikes, I don't see much point in these stripped down, lightweight race versions unless you are going to actually race, or at least spend your time at track days, and then who has a spare half mill to fund that habit? I'm sure it would be fun/scary once or twice to drive, but on public road on a regular basis? No thanks...

Besides, we were discussing OLD Porsches. :D
    Ah, OK. I was discussing good Porsches :wink:

I used to do track days in my previous life as a petrol head. But you can have plenty fun in cheaper machinery, sure.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Fun is not dictated by power.
  • Matthewfalle
    A friend used to have a yellow one. Sounds like it would be rubbish but it looked ridiculously cool.

1992_Porsche_928_GTS_003_4614.jpg

I like it. :D

Yes - excellent find that man. Hat. I have no idea if they were any good but it was so damn cool.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,081
    Pinno wrote:

Colin chapman understood this
  • Matthewfalle
    But Barry Sheene had a better laugh.

Well, until he broke all the bones in his body, but until that point it was a craic.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Read a review on how they drive and handle...

I used to have a 205 GTI so I know about the fun/power thing.
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Colin chapman understood this
    Add lightness.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    It's like bloody Top Gear in here. I have just been dragooned into getting a bloody ugly and shyte Ford Kuga for the next 3 years. For the "space".

Mrs H3 only vaguely knows where the corners of the bloody golf-sized car are. Christ knows how she thinks she'll navigate this boat down SW London's crappy and crowded roads. Probably like every other short, impatient woman out there, with minimal concern for other road users.

We could have got another much more practical moderately warm hatch back for the same money. I suppose if I drove more miles than I ride my bike, I would care enough to say no.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    It's like bloody Top Gear in here. I have just been dragooned into getting a bloody ugly and shyte Ford Kuga for the next 3 years. For the "space".

Mrs H3 only vaguely knows where the corners of the bloody golf-sized car are. Christ knows how she thinks she'll navigate this boat down SW London's crappy and crowded roads. Probably like every other short, impatient woman out there, with minimal concern for other road users.

We could have got another much more practical moderately warm hatch back for the same money. I suppose if I drove more miles than I ride my bike, I would care enough to say no.
    Which variant did she get? Just make sure it comes with parking sensors as standard.

cars2709_468x366.jpg

You'll soon get used to the dents and scratches.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:

Just think how you can chuck all manner of bicycles in it, drive out to the sticks and go pedal.
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    I do like a Porsche and always loved the 911 and 944 as a teen,it was great to see Elise driving a 944 in the programme The Tunnel as her everyday car.