Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

monday quantisierung als eigenwertproblem, otherwise it's silent night, which you know would be unac

sungodsungod Posts: 12,215
edited December 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

merry crimbo!

ride, followed by brekkie ii at a cafe our own correspondent has informed me shall be open

followed by the kind of profligate consumption and luxuriating to be expected of an urban capitalist

ho ho ho
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
«1

Posts

  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 7,368
    Morning Forumites. Merry Christmas. Parkrun then prezzie opening time and possibly a ride out if not to windy. The youngsters in the house decided they want a lie in, lazy sods. Makes a change it was usually 6am bouncing off the walls to see if Santa had left anything.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 7,754
    Morning , Merry Christmas, blowing a gale here I’ve just been for a 3 mile walk with the dog,
    No doubt today copious quantities of alcohol will be consumed, along with some food
    Enjoy your day, whatever your doing
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,462
    Waiting for lazy [email protected] kids to wake up. Happy Christmas! :D
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 13,701
    Seasonal felicitations to you all and all that bollox.
    Feel slightly ropey this morning as alcohol consumption was ramped up significantly last night. The misuss may mention that once or twice this morning.
    Walk to in laws at lunchtime planned where I will be having more seasonal drinks.

    Who landed up with Sean's in laws?
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 13,701
    Received whiskies as pressies. Thought it rude not to open and sample them this morning. :D
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,633
    ballysmate wrote:
    Received whiskies as pressies. Thought it rude not to open and sample them this morning. :D
    There may be a reason why we have pre said opening until the afternoon. Biggest problem until then is keeping the hound off the pressies.

    Currently watching Top Gear Vietnam Special with a cup of coffee while Strifey and Stropteen do some Christmas 'Godding'. We should have burned more of them in the middle ages, although on the upside we get some peace. The hound agrees, having spread himself across the sofa and is now licking his crotch.

    Will check in from time to time to see how p1ssed people get/read reports of Christmas disasters :)

    Have a good one...
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,325 Lives Here
    Happy Christmas folks,
    Woken up several times in the night, the final occasion being a video call with the lad which has made my day. He’s been working but had an extended lunch then a bbq and beer dinner. How’s young Miss BM getting on Bally?
    Got socks and some walking boots to wrap round them which is good, also bought myself an old frame off the bay last night. Shopping for old Campag stuff to hang on it will come later.
    Off to the ‘rents later. The old man should be high as a kite which should help get him through the day.
    Have a great day everyone.
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 13,701
    veronese68 wrote:
    Happy Christmas folks,
    Woken up several times in the night, the final occasion being a video call with the lad which has made my day. He’s been working but had an extended lunch then a bbq and beer dinner. How’s young Miss BM getting on Bally?
    Got socks and some walking boots to wrap round them which is good, also bought myself an old frame off the bay last night. Shopping for old Campag stuff to hang on it will come later.
    Off to the ‘rents later. The old man should be high as a kite which should help get him through the day.
    Have a great day everyone.

    Happy Christmas VN. Glad Jnr is doing well out in NZ
    Spoke to daughter last night and again this morning resulting in tears from Mrs BM
    She is doing fine although Queenstown seems quieter than expected. BBQ and beer was Christmas dinner there too. Perhaps it's a backpacker culture thing.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,248
    veronese68 wrote:
    Happy Christmas folks,
    Woken up several times in the night, the final occasion being a video call with the lad which has made my day. He’s been working but had an extended lunch then a bbq and beer dinner. How’s young Miss BM getting on Bally?
    Got socks and some walking boots to wrap round them which is good, also bought myself an old frame off the bay last night. Shopping for old Campag stuff to hang on it will come later.
    Off to the ‘rents later. The old man should be high as a kite which should help get him through the day.
    Have a great day everyone.

    Pics when it comes please. What sort of old Campag - Chorus, Record or Croce D'Aune? I hope it has chrome around the rear triangle. Of course you'll need them built up on a pair of Wolber tubular hoops, Cinelli Criterium handlebars, Binotto handlebar tape - no scrap that shyte; just get modern stuff, Christophe toe clips and straps, Turbo saddle, one of those fluted seatpins, retro style cables... I'll keep you right. Let me know if you need any help. :D

    Merry Christmas.

    It's piddling down out there. No chance of a pedal. Must assemble and ice a Pepparkakur Hus. Then drop wifey and toots down to Great Grandmas for more hyperactivity. They're not too bad at the moment and there's only half a skip of tat to get rid of.

    Laters.
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

    "This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year." President of Abyssinia's annual address to the nation.
  • Merry Christmas you filthy Bracketeers.

    Being spent with the six fingered Norfolk side this year. At least the turkey didn't have to travel far!
  • Merry Christmas all!

    Late start because I slept badly, then a drive to visit Significant Other's rello's. 3 hour trip each way, but a nice long lazy lunch made up for it.
  • sungodsungod Posts: 12,215
    currently trying to warm up from drenching, unexpectedly soggy ride, no hint of deluge in weather forecasts

    had spicy soup at the cafe, with many coffees

    mrs s sneakily saved her minibottle of bubbly from the advent calendar to have this morning, may have to open a fullsize bottle now as i feel left out
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Morning (nearly),

    Merry Christmas
    Nothing happening today, presents in a bit.
    oxoman wrote:
    Parkrun
    Eh, it's Monday?
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 7,368
    They do a Christmas day and New year's day special parkrun. Over 500 sad gits running with me.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 5,607
    ballysmate wrote:
    Seasonal felicitations to you all and all that bollox.
    Feel slightly ropey this morning as alcohol consumption was ramped up significantly last night. The misuss may mention that once or twice this morning.
    Walk to in laws at lunchtime planned where I will be having more seasonal drinks.

    Who landed up with Sean's in laws?
    They behaved last night, hiding the booze helped, you'd think a doctor would be a little more responsible. Have a good day Bally.

    Merry Christmas to all. Childless today, prepping dinner soon then drinking in earnest.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,248
    seanoconn wrote:
    ballysmate wrote:
    Seasonal felicitations to you all and all that bollox.
    Feel slightly ropey this morning as alcohol consumption was ramped up significantly last night. The misuss may mention that once or twice this morning.
    Walk to in laws at lunchtime planned where I will be having more seasonal drinks.

    Who landed up with Sean's in laws?
    They behaved last night, hiding the booze helped, you'd think a doctor would be a little more responsible. Have a good day Bally.

    Merry Christmas to all. Childless today, prepping dinner soon then drinking in earnest.

    Never eat on an empty belly.
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

    "This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year." President of Abyssinia's annual address to the nation.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,462
    veronese68 wrote:
    Happy Christmas folks,
    Woken up several times in the night, the final occasion being a video call with the lad which has made my day. He’s been working but had an extended lunch then a bbq and beer dinner. How’s young Miss BM getting on Bally?
    Got socks and some walking boots to wrap round them which is good, also bought myself an old frame off the bay last night. Shopping for old Campag stuff to hang on it will come later.
    Off to the ‘rents later. The old man should be high as a kite which should help get him through the day.
    Have a great day everyone.
    V68 is winning Christmas so far.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,633
    hopkinb wrote:
    veronese68 wrote:
    Happy Christmas folks,
    Woken up several times in the night, the final occasion being a video call with the lad which has made my day. He’s been working but had an extended lunch then a bbq and beer dinner. How’s young Miss BM getting on Bally?
    Got socks and some walking boots to wrap round them which is good, also bought myself an old frame off the bay last night. Shopping for old Campag stuff to hang on it will come later.
    Off to the ‘rents later. The old man should be high as a kite which should help get him through the day.
    Have a great day everyone.
    V68 is winning Christmas so far.
    What's the prize?
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,075
    Christmas has been good so far, pub followed by drinks at parents followed by dinner at wife's uncle with 40+ cousins, etc

    Shame I fell over last night and my forehead looks rather stupid - it's barely been mentioned
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,462
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    veronese68 wrote:
    Happy Christmas folks,
    Woken up several times in the night, the final occasion being a video call with the lad which has made my day. He’s been working but had an extended lunch then a bbq and beer dinner. How’s young Miss BM getting on Bally?
    Got socks and some walking boots to wrap round them which is good, also bought myself an old frame off the bay last night. Shopping for old Campag stuff to hang on it will come later.
    Off to the ‘rents later. The old man should be high as a kite which should help get him through the day.
    Have a great day everyone.
    V68 is winning Christmas so far.
    What's the prize?

    A mince pie. Brandy butter. Bag of nuts. Can of John Smiths. A purple quality street. Turkey and stuffing sandwich with mayo and cranberry sauce. Large brandy. Indigestion.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,075
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    veronese68 wrote:
    Happy Christmas folks,
    Woken up several times in the night, the final occasion being a video call with the lad which has made my day. He’s been working but had an extended lunch then a bbq and beer dinner. How’s young Miss BM getting on Bally?
    Got socks and some walking boots to wrap round them which is good, also bought myself an old frame off the bay last night. Shopping for old Campag stuff to hang on it will come later.
    Off to the ‘rents later. The old man should be high as a kite which should help get him through the day.
    Have a great day everyone.
    V68 is winning Christmas so far.
    What's the prize?

    A mince pie. Brandy butter. Bag of nuts. Can of John Smiths. A purple quality street. Turkey and stuffing sandwich with mayo and cranberry sauce. Large brandy. Indigestion.

    Make it lager and I'm tempted to enter
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,248
    tlw1 wrote:
    Christmas has been good so far, pub followed by drinks at parents followed by dinner at wife's uncle with 40+ cousins, etc

    Shame I fell over last night and my forehead looks rather stupid - it's barely been mentioned

    You were pushed. That's what I tell them.
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

    "This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year." President of Abyssinia's annual address to the nation.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,633
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    veronese68 wrote:
    Happy Christmas folks,
    Woken up several times in the night, the final occasion being a video call with the lad which has made my day. He’s been working but had an extended lunch then a bbq and beer dinner. How’s young Miss BM getting on Bally?
    Got socks and some walking boots to wrap round them which is good, also bought myself an old frame off the bay last night. Shopping for old Campag stuff to hang on it will come later.
    Off to the ‘rents later. The old man should be high as a kite which should help get him through the day.
    Have a great day everyone.
    V68 is winning Christmas so far.
    What's the prize?

    A mince pie. Brandy butter. Bag of nuts. Can of John Smiths. A purple quality street. Turkey and stuffing sandwich with mayo and cranberry sauce. Large brandy. Indigestion.
    No hookers, blow or cider? Oh well.

    Turkey etc and Pouilly Fuisse consumed. Now waiting for Christmas pud with Sauterne on standby.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    Feliz Navidad! Nice day here, currently in mid barney with brother. Head/wall/smash .....
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,462
    Quick sharpener of cremant de Loire before I tackle the cheese with the port decanter. Too old for this sh!t.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,325 Lives Here
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    veronese68 wrote:
    Happy Christmas folks...
    V68 is winning Christmas so far.
    What's the prize?

    A mince pie. Brandy butter. Bag of nuts. Can of John Smiths. A purple quality street. Turkey and stuffing sandwich with mayo and cranberry sauce. Large brandy. Indigestion.
    No hookers, blow or cider? Oh well.

    Turkey etc and Pouilly Fuisse consumed. Now waiting for Christmas pud with Sauterne on standby.
    I didn't punch the brother in law, that merits a prize in it's own right. He only had the one strop though and thankfully the daughter rescued the truffle tortellini for the Mrs before he took them all for himself. He has a habit of deciding he's vegetarian if it suits him. Went for a walk around the block with the old man before we ate, I was incapable of moving after food. So all in all a good day, now I'm hiding with my beer for company whilst wife and daughter are watching Strictly Christmas Special. Not sure if I could eat anything else yet.
    Ooh, got a nice belt made out of an old road bike tyre that had been leather lined from my sister. Think that helped fuel the bro in law's strop as he liked it and we'd agreed not to buy anything amongst ourselves.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,325 Lives Here
    Feliz Navidad! Nice day here, currently in mid barney with brother. Head/wall/smash .....
    Your head or his?
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    phuck me, send me away.

    i retract previous post.

    Sierra Leone here I come.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    veronese68 wrote:
    Feliz Navidad! Nice day here, currently in mid barney with brother. Head/wall/smash .....
    Your head or his?

    his, my friend, his. aaaarrrģhh!
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,462
    Family eh? Can't live with them, can't kill them. Just us 4 now and just 3 of us tomorrow. I'm smelling my bottle of man perfume and reading my "totally depressing diary" novelty gift whilst sizing up the cheese.
Sign In or Register to comment.