Tacx Flux or Elite Direto

2»

Comments

• My Cube's original cassette and chain are ~1500 miles old.

I have a replacement chain and cassette in the ever increasing volume spares box.

Would it be OK to simply fit the replacement cassette on the Direto, using the old chain and leaving the old cassette on the rear wheel?

Or would you either run old cassette and old chain on turbo, or new cassette and new chain (but keep the old stuff to re-use if wear is low)?
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    My Cube's original cassette and chain are ~1500 miles old.

I have a replacement chain and cassette in the ever increasing volume spares box.

Would it be OK to simply fit the replacement cassette on the Direto, using the old chain and leaving the old cassette on the rear wheel?

Or would you either run old cassette and old chain on turbo, or new cassette and new chain (but keep the old stuff to re-use if wear is low)?

Personally, I stuck a new 105 11 speed cassette on the turbo to go with the 11 speed SRAM set up on both bikes. I have no indexing issues or chain skipping/dropping.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • Elite Direto has vanished off Wiggle's site. Not 'out of stock', just disappeared.

Anybody know why?
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • My hunch is the massive demand after the rave review DCRainmaker, Shane Miller etc.

They have also vanished again off the Halfords and Cycle republic site, while Athleteshop have gone from end of January to end of Feb.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • the_rover
    the_rover Posts: 402
    I spoke with my LBS about a direto and his supplier/computer is saying 14th Feb before they come in stock again. He’s going to ring them tomorrow to verify.
  • the_rover
    My hunch is the massive demand after the rave review DCRainmaker, Shane Miller etc.

They have also vanished again off the Halfords and Cycle republic site, while Athleteshop have gone from end of January to end of Feb.

How are you getting on with yours?

I’ve “ liked “ the elite direto page on FB and most of the reviews are positive although one or two issues seem to be cropping up. Not enough to worry me though. :mrgreen:
  • I've not ridden at all since last Thursday, caught a stomach bug last Friday, tomorrow lunch will be 48 hours free of symptoms. I initially messed up the circumference setting, using 173 instead of 2096 in the Elite app, all I can say so far is that turbo training is hot hard work compared to outdoor riding!
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Chadders81 wrote:
    Elite Direto has vanished off Wiggle's site. Not 'out of stock', just disappeared.

Anybody know why?

Likely to be out of stock.
    I have noticed wiggle do remove listings occasionally when they are awaiting stock.

For info, sigma have them in stock and with 10% off:

https://www.sigmasport.co.uk/item/Elite ... ainer/GMXF
  • the_rover
    I've not ridden at all since last Thursday, caught a stomach bug last Friday, tomorrow lunch will be 48 hours free of symptoms. I initially messed up the circumference setting, using 173 instead of 2096 in the Elite app, all I can say so far is that turbo training is hot hard work compared to outdoor riding!

I’ve been using a Bkool Pro with an iPad for the last 2 years and whilst it’s good I want to try direct drive and have the options of different apps like fulgaz which doesn’t work with Bkool.

It might be hot work but it’s def safer at the moment given the amount of trampolines being whizzed round my estate with these winds. :mrgreen:
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    It seems to me that they are all pretty good but none is perfect nor trouble free...
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,549
    MrB123 wrote:
    Loads of reliability issues reported here and elsewhere for the Flux. Virtually none thus far for the Direto as far as I'm aware (although it's still relatively newly available).

They had a duff batch with flywheel issues (I had one) just after they launched. I couldn't fault their response.

Emailed them, within 2 hours I had a replacement unit on the way from Germany (arrived in 2 days) and was just asked to send the faulty unit back when I could (for free obviously). Replacement unit has been flawless.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Mikey23 wrote:
    It seems to me that they are all pretty good but none is perfect nor trouble free...

So far, touch wood, the direto has been completely trouble free
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    Gweeds wrote:
    MrB123 wrote:
    Loads of reliability issues reported here and elsewhere for the Flux. Virtually none thus far for the Direto as far as I'm aware (although it's still relatively newly available).

They had a duff batch with flywheel issues (I had one) just after they launched. I couldn't fault their response.

Emailed them, within 2 hours I had a replacement unit on the way from Germany (arrived in 2 days) and was just asked to send the faulty unit back when I could (for free obviously). Replacement unit has been flawless.

Shame that it's still happening to new units though.
    I read all the reports about it being an early batch and bought the latest I could. It still broke....8 hours later
    Got another one, again a later batch and guess what. It's started making noises again, so is probably broken too. This one has done 9 hours.
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    So I've just been speaking with Tacx regarding my Flux and they are replacing it again.
    This will be my 3rd flux and if this breaks, I'll be offered an upgrade to a NEO or refund.