monday in a killing vector

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,552
edited December 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, coffee with some comestible delight, do stuff, umpteen gmc punters of gmc seem gagging to throw money at us to do stuff, had hoped they might quieten down for crimbo so i could skive more

another day another window in the choc advent calendar
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Up early as promised the heir to the BM fortune that I would drop him off at work this morning after Xmas function last night.
    Never stop running after your kids do you?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    Working locally so finally get a chance to ride a bike

Stinks in this house as the dog has messed up his bed in the boot room (aka shite spot). Hope the wife gets up and cleans it up soon.

Later is the kids Christmas yuff club party so hopefully get out for a walk with the wife
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    TDV has gone to work to crush someone else so day 1 of Bambini care starts here.

Going to have a coffee and see how it goes.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,412
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Up early as promised the heir to the BM fortune that I would drop him off at work this morning after Xmas function last night.
    WTF! I thought I was the heir to the BM fortune!?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • ballysmate
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    WTF! I thought I was the heir to the BM fortune!?

Don't worry mate, you are not missing out on a lot.
  • ballysmate
    edited December 2017
    Sean, is your bath full of carp this year?

Edit This is not a 'My hovercraft is full of eels' post.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, took Friday off last minute to go to Glencoe, excellent day and I only nearly died a few times.

Went up Blencathra on Saturday to find lots and lots of snow and cloud. Panicked a little bit that we would be walking down in the dark which had the unexpected benefit of seeing the best sunset I've seen in years over the Lakes as we popped down out of the cloud. My hair froze so I looked like a real explorer/the famous hair 'gel' scene in something about Mary...

Sleepy today, luckily I'm the only one in the office
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    Morning folks,
    Managed to get up and in to work, feeling significantly better than yesterday at least. Didn't fancy my advent calendar beer last night for some reason, I'm getting further behind with that really must try harder. Getting quieter in here now, I might have to tidy my desk at this rate. Decidedly slack in the tea making around here today, I might have to make my own at this rate.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,412
    Ballysmate wrote:

Not this year, I made the Missus promise we'd go out for a meal rather than her being stuck in the kitchen for two days preparing the 11 dish traditional minimum. In laws are arriving Thursday for the first time at xmas so it's about to get messy.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Not this year, I made the Missus promise we'd go out for a meal rather than her being stuck in the kitchen for two days preparing the 11 dish traditional minimum. In laws are arriving Thursday for the first time at xmas so it's about to get messy.

Vodka for breakfast in the Seano household over Christmas then? Going out appealed to me until I looked at the price of taking a family of 4 out for Christmas lunch.

Load of shyte here, Mrs H3 still under the weather, and therefore in a foul mood. No doubt I'll get this for Christmas, which will be nice.
  • ballysmate
    Looks like MF will be getting cold shoulder and tongue.
  • Matthewfalle
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Looks like MF will be getting cold shoulder and tongue.

I’ve booked the couch in the garage already.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    Afternoon All,

This morning was my first time on the bike in over 5 weeks but doc said it was OK as roadie riding requires no shoulder effort whatsoever - unfortunately downhill is out of the question for a while :( . The ride may even have loosened my shoulder up a bit so am at least back into the routine now, just in time for the Christmas sit your arris and eat/drink season. I was ferkin slow though...

Now immersing myself in the joys of global tax planning which makes the hours just fly by :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Afternoon All,

This morning was my first time on the bike in over 5 weeks but doc said it was OK as roadie riding requires no shoulder effort whatsoever

At least you had a nice day for it. Do you never get out of the saddle?
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Afternoon All,

This morning was my first time on the bike in over 5 weeks but doc said it was OK as roadie riding requires no shoulder effort whatsoever

I try to do twice a week to & from work on the commuter, so not really never out the saddle. It was good to ride again, running is pants.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Afternoon All,

I try to do twice a week to & from work on the commuter, so not really never out the saddle. It was good to ride again, running is pants.

Nah, I meant when you ride, if you get out of the saddle you use your shoulders. I'd have to be very careful to stay seated.
    Running is indeed pants. Probably worse than pants.
  • Matthewfalle
    9,000 post celebratory TDNFNATN for you guys.

Enjoy.

original-978243-Ninaandt-14050659430.png

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Afternoon All,

Nah, I meant when you ride, if you get out of the saddle you use your shoulders. I'd have to be very careful to stay seated.
    Running is indeed pants. Probably worse than pants.
    Ah, I get it now.

I do get out of the saddle - quite a bit on hills, accelerating from a standing start, burning of FKWs etc, but the nature of the injury is such that the movement is restricted only if I try to lift my arm above my shoulder forwards or sideways - so for the communt it's not a problem.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,353
    Meh.

Good day, bad day.

Finished off the pointing in the garage for minion to turn up tomorrow and finish painting.
    Chopped some wood.
    Re - attached the trellis's.
    Chucked the old roofing sheets (white asbestos) in the van and then got turned back at the civic amenity :roll:

Went back (avoiding the steep hill) and got stuck behind a truck. He started reversing. I started reversing until I mangled a newish Passat (a little) :oops: :roll: Double bollox.
    Local scrap merchant/waste management company can tale the Asbestos - probably on account of out previous relationship and all that.

Got to see headmaster regarding Tricky... Ho hum. Been a while since I saw the headmaster.

Must go cook.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • I went to court today. I wanted to see what the bitch who attacked Mrs BBGeek this summer was going to plead. Guilty to wounding, as it goes. Mrs will be scarred for life, and hasn't ridden her bike since. Put new tyres on that the day before - typical.
    Lady judges are very definitely my thing. See you when the fog lifts.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Matthewfalle
    I went to court today. I wanted to see what the ***** who attacked Mrs BBGeek this summer was going to plead. Guilty to wounding, as it goes. Mrs will be scarred for life, and hasn't ridden her bike since. Put new tyres on that the day before - typical.

Hope the twat goes down big time. Mrs BBG happy to see the end of it?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    I went to court today. I wanted to see what the ***** who attacked Mrs BBGeek this summer was going to plead. Guilty to wounding, as it goes. Mrs will be scarred for life, and hasn't ridden her bike since. Put new tyres on that the day before - typical.

Hope the fool goes down big time. Mrs BBG happy to see the end of it?

Plus potato
  • Matthewfalle
    Just so you know, my initial wording was stronger than fool but the forum changed it.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    As none of seemed to appreciate her first time round, here she is again.

<sigh> How lovely.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    As none of seemed to appreciate her first time round, here she is again.

<sigh> How lovely.

I appreciated her first time ;)
  • Stevo_666
    Sounds like a nasty piece of work. Hope he gets enough time behind bars to be picking up the soap in the showersfor big Ron and his mates.
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:

Hope the fool goes down big time. Mrs BBG happy to see the end of it?

Plus potato

I hope that is a King Edward and not just any old potato.

So what did the tw@t look like and where is Mrs BBG scarred?
  • I have just this weekend finished packing up 9 boxes full of dismantled bikes, wheels, tools, accessories and spares, and today I see a drool-worthy frameset available for a reasonable price.

Should I N+1? A PITA to pack another, but its only a frame, and its nice and I need it and it would use up some spares and did I mention its titanium? :D

If the geometry suits I just might.

Otherwise work meh.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    I...titanium? ...

Nope, not interested.
  • Stevo_666
    I have just this weekend finished packing up 9 boxes full of dismantled bikes, wheels, tools, accessories and spares, and today I see a drool-worthy frameset available for a reasonable price.

Should I N+1? A PITA to pack another, but its only a frame, and its nice and I need it and it would use up some spares and did I mention its titanium? :D

If the geometry suits I just might.

Otherwise work meh.
    Buy it now...bike for life and all that.