monday operating with moscow rules

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,548
edited November 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

soggy ride to office of gmc, coffee, mince pie, webex, etc.

need to get more port and wine, people keep drinking it
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Good Morning, soggy here with a good wind, so it looks like the rollers today , the garage also wants a good clear out so a few trips to the tip will be in order
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Sounds windy out. Nowt to report. Standard day, pedal, tedium, eating, pedal.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, snow is gone, rain is here, client audit this week. Aching today after a hard weekend of building trails, falling of mtbs, destroying half the house doing diy and making casserole. Going to be cold over night, better than 5 degrees and rain at present
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,320
    Morning folks,
    Wimped out and took the car in today using the excuse that I had a load of stuff to carry. Having stripped the bike and cleaned and lubed everything over the weekend the rain down here was probably my fault.
    Good lad there Oxo, glad he felt the need to repay you somehow. Had a call from the lad in NZ this morning, they've asked him to stay on at the farm he's working on for a bit longer. This is good because he's saving quite a bit of cash as it's in the middle of nowhere. Not much going on around here, I might have to tidy my desk at this rate. I'll delay that by making myself a coffee.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,344
    The Lidl Cinnamon bun; cornerstone of a nutritious breakfast and double happiness - it'll wind up the knicker sniffing smoggy who's trying to pretend to have gone all posh when it is plainly obvious that his diet of Razzle and Viz during the formative years will never be exorcised by anyone, any event or anything.

F*ck me it's raining.

Must go do work.
    Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • BOOYAH!!!

In slightly more than 2 months time, this will be my new daily view for drinkies from the living room. Signed deal today to buy it.

38643394292_7d1375d612_k.jpg

Everything in shot this side of the water is part of the new property. A bit over 10 acres. Just below that line of trees in front is this beach...

35785199461_2807fbcb3c_k.jpg

We are so so so so so so so so so so so so so so happy! :D:mrgreen::D:mrgreen::D:mrgreen: 8) 8) 8) 8) :D
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,320
    oxoman wrote:
    :mrgreen: Looks very nice, looking forward to the housewarming party invites. :D
    That pretty much covers it, great news Spinner.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,686
    Veronese68 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    :mrgreen: Looks very nice, looking forward to the housewarming party invites. :D
    I hear tell the weather can be pretty good there end January. Got the Speedos ready to pack.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Ooof that's nice
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,497
    oxoman wrote:
    What, you mean you haven't had your invite yet?

Got the train in this morning as I need to head back earlier than normal to supervise idle teenagers and lazy hounds. Not sure why any supervising is needed mind. The crappy weather may have also contributed to the decision to pedal tomorrow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    The Lidl Cinnamon bun; cornerstone of a nutritious breakfast and double happiness - it'll wind up the knicker sniffing smoggy who's trying to pretend to have gone all posh when it is plainly obvious that his diet of Razzle and Viz during the formative years will never be exorcised by anyone, any event or anything.

F*ck me it's raining.

Must go do work.
    Laters.
    More than happy with that plan, as it keeps the tracksuited underclass out of Waitrose :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Oh Spinner you lucky bugger. I thought I was doing OK with a view of a bowling green, but that is slightly better. 8)
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

F*ck me it's raining.

Must go do work.
    Laters.
    More than happy with that plan, as it keeps the tracksuited underclass out of Waitrose :wink:

It really doesn't take much to rattle the cage of the Bromley Crawler.

Nice pad WS.
    That water looks infested with sharks, sting rays and Portuguese men of war.
  • Stevo_666
    I'm happy as long as you stay out of Waitrose Bromley in your tracky bottoms. The peasants are revolting... :)
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    BOOYAH!!!

In slightly more than 2 months time, this will be my new daily view for drinkies from the living room. Signed deal today to buy it.

We are so so so so so so so so so so so so so so happy! :D:mrgreen::D:mrgreen::D:mrgreen: 8) 8) 8) 8) :D

Corr that is nice,where is that? it don't look like Old Felixstowe.
  • pinno
    BOOYAH!!!

The Isle of Skye.
  • orraloon wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    I hear tell the weather can be pretty good there end January. Got the Speedos ready to pack.
    Come for the Dark Mofo Swim at the winter solstice and you won't even need the Speedos :mrgreen: That beach pic above was taken mid-winter.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    edited November 2017
    It's Tasmania, and this is just south from Hobart, still on the Derwent River. South Arm / Opossum Bay area.

Pinno, the bays are pretty shallow on this side of the river, no sharks :) One of the first purchases will be a pair of kayaks to go paddling.
  • pinno
    orraloon wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    Come for the Dark Mofo Swim at the winter solstice and you won't even need the Speedos :mrgreen: That beach pic above was taken mid-winter.

What's with the swimming caps?!
  • Pinno wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:

What's with the swimming caps?!
    Marketing memorabilia for the entrants I expect, and probably useful to protect your ears in that temp diving into the water.

I used to swim at that beach as a kid in summer (in my board shorts :) )
    That festival is associated with the quite spectacular art gallery in town, called MONA, built by a guy who made a fortune with gambling software.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Pinno wrote:

F*ck me it's raining.

Must go do work.
    Laters.

Doughnuts and apple turnover for me.
    Slight disappointment with apple content. :(
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

F*ck me it's raining.

Must go do work.
    Laters.

Just buy two.
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

F*ck me it's raining.

Must go do work.
    Laters.

A case of you get what you pay for?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

F*ck me it's raining.

Must go do work.
    Laters.

Disappointment was mitigated when I bit into the very jammy doughnut though.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    Nice pad ws

Long day presenting to the board ready to repeat to investors tomorrow

The weekend is long gone already
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

F*ck me it's raining.

Must go do work.
    Laters.

Sure but as long as they are fresh, they are good.

Here's a thing. On my rounds throughout D&G, we often passed various pastry selling outlets. For the morning snack, we would choose an outlet and sample the ware.

Co-op Croissants were either 78p or 84p each depending on the location.
    Tesco sell them in a hard plastic container, never fresh at roughly 26p each. I'm loathed to buy the things which i'll eat in no time and leave a hard plastic case in the bin which they don't recycle but they taste awful anyway.
    Sainsbury's. Slightly better quality than Tesco's but 53p each. Not worth double the cost.
    Lidl Croissant, 27p each, not in some hard plastic container and for the price, better than Sainsbury's or Tesco.

Co-op one's were by far the best even though they were more than 3 times the price of the Lidl one's.

I do like Waitrose and I also like it because it's part of the John Lewis partnership but my nearest one is Glasgow.
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Nice pad ws

Long day presenting to the board ready to repeat to investors tomorrow

The weekend is long gone already

At least sourcing old banger parts keeps you out of mischief. :D
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

F*ck me it's raining.

Must go do work.
    Laters.

Sure but as long as they are fresh, they are good.

Here's a thing. On my rounds throughout D&G, we often passed various pastry selling outlets. For the morning snack, we would choose an outlet and sample the ware.

Co-op Croissants were either 78p or 84p each depending on the location.
    Tesco sell them in a hard plastic container, never fresh at roughly 26p each. I'm loathed to buy the things which i'll eat in no time and leave a hard plastic case in the bin which they don't recycle but they taste awful anyway.
    Sainsbury's. Slightly better quality than Tesco's but 53p each. Not worth double the cost.
    Lidl Croissant, 27p each, not in some hard plastic container and for the price, better than Sainsbury's or Tesco.

Co-op one's were by far the best even though they were more than 3 times the price of the Lidl one's.

I do like Waitrose and I also like it because it's part of the John Lewis partnership but my nearest one is Glasgow.
    Get it delivered.

I like those Waitrose Olive breads. 50p a pop or £1.20 for 3, have loads of big green and black olive chunks in them and don't turn you into Tubby Tucker.
  • pinno
    Well we couldn't exactly get a delivery to a roaming van in Dumfries and Galloway, could we?!
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Have you tried Asda cheese straws? and Morrisons / Co-Ops Cheese scones oh my,nice bakery and cheap too.