saturday send guns not flowers

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,557
edited November 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

ooo, seems to be sub-nippy, time to deploy new jacket for it's inaugural ride, there's orangey

unsure which cake i shall have, must look out for any sign of mince pies
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning
    A better start to the day at least it’s not freezing, just had a nice hot bowl of porridge, followed by cuppa, nipping to Tesco’s to get the weekly provision,s , then have a Pootle around Lincolnshire, I know my bike wants a good clean so that will be this afternoons job.
    Have a good weekend

Sungod, what’s the new jacket?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Just having the remains of last nights' chilli for breakfast washed down with a cup of coffee then off for a couple of hours on the bike - probably do 175 - 200 miles in zone 5. Then Bambini and friends round for a Thai take away tonight. Nice,
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Feck, needed more sleep than that, but a great night last night in town, ed Byrne was fantastic and the drinks afterwards were a giggle

Today is kitchen part two as we get plastered, so it looks like cycling will be limited to the rollers. Later is out to friends for dinner and a sleepover :)
  • tlw1
    probably do 175 - 200 miles in zone 5.

Recovery ride?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    TLW1 wrote:

Recovery ride?

Sounds like one. I'm doing 300 miles in 53-11 at cadence >90.
    2nd in the quiz. Again.
  • hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Recovery ride?

2nd in the quiz. Again.
    Only 9 hours? That’s hardly an effort is it?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Recovery ride?

2nd in the quiz. Again.

I know, I'm champing at the bit, but it's an easy week. I'm doing it fasted and with only 1 500ml bidon of water.
  • hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Recovery ride?

2nd in the quiz. Again.

I know, I'm champing at the bit, but it's an easy week. I'm doing it fasted and with only 1 500ml bidon of water.
    Excuses, excuses... :roll:

Wondering if the planet has shifted on axis somehow. Winter was considerably warmer and sunnier than this. Showery and windy, and only about 20 deg C. Dreadful! Had second open house inspections this morning and a couple of promising leads this time which is good. Someone wants to come back and look again, so that's encouraging.

Then spent the afternoon channelling T47B - WTF is he these days anyway?? - attending a local art exhibition in support of Significant Other who paints. Crikey that was noisy... a smallish hard surfaces room with 50 people in it, mostly middle aged wimmin arty types, and free booze.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Recovery ride?

2nd in the quiz. Again.

You lot are soft.
    56 x 9 is the bare minimum and taking water for a 300 mile jolly?!? WTF for?

T47 has a very very serious case of cba. In fact, he's reached the pinnacle of cba.

Today OH's grandma's 80th bash. Heck. Might have to mix a concoction of medicinal and herbal products to get through this one to endure the overwhelming majority of in bred's.

Report later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Recovery ride?

2nd in the quiz. Again.

You lot are soft.
    56 x 9 is the bare minimum and taking water for a 300 mile jolly?!? WTF for?

T47 has a very very serious case of cba. In fact, he's reached the pinnacle of cba.

Today OH's grandma's 80th bash. Heck. Might have to mix a concoction of medicinal and herbal products to get through this one to endure the overwhelming majority of in bred's.

Report later.
    Take some "White Christmas" punch... great party starter for that sort of crowd
  • Matthewfalle
    TLW1 wrote:

Recovery ride?

Yup - am conscious that I am wearing through tyres rather quickly at the moment (going through 2 rears and 1 front a week due to mileage). Still haven't changed any pads since I put them in 7 years ago though :)

Your ride sounds cool - how come you've lowered your gearing to 53?

Now listening to Roxette and drinking coffee while water warms up for bath and lasagna cooks away ready to be chomped.

I just googled them and remember her to be much more fitter than she was. Now she just looks like Judi Dench.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Final stats:

185 miles
    Zone 5
    Elevation: 4,239m
    Av speed: 52km/h

Garmin certified so I don't know if that's good or bad.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    I have also, just out of interest, googled Wendy James of Transvison Vamp.

Bloody hell, that didn't go well. Am I glad I didn't marry that when I had the chance. Lucky escape methinks.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod

it's the castelli 'alpha ros', wore a baselayer under it, overheated on the hills and had to unzip, first impression is good, the sleeves are long enough allowing gloves to overlap at the wrist, good high neck, not baggy, only quibble would be the pockets are a bit tight

had the first mince pie of the season at the gail's in swain's lane, hurrah!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    Pinno wrote:

Report later.
    Does your OH know you call her an inbred? :shock:

Productive morning so far clearing out old toys & crap from the shed and loft and dumping them on some poor unsuspecting school fair organiser. Then gave the cars a quick once over and washed the mud off my DH shoes & boots which are now half the weight they were before. Now supping coffee and contemplating a trip to see the Waitrose Saturday girls.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • lincolndave
    sungod wrote:

it's the castelli 'alpha ros', wore a baselayer under it, overheated on the hills and had to unzip, first impression is good, the sleeves are long enough allowing gloves to overlap at the wrist, good high neck, not baggy, only quibble would be the pockets are a bit tight

had the first mince pie of the season at the gail's in swain's lane, hurrah!

That’s good news, I started a thread yesterday asking if anyone had bought / worn the ros,
    I don’t suppose it was raining on your ride, I wanted to know how waterproof they are, but what I have read about them all’s good
    I had better get one on order
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Report later.

Productive morning so far clearing out old toys & crap from the shed and loft and dumping them on some poor unsuspecting school fair organiser. Then gave the cars a quick once over and washed the mud off my DH shoes & boots which are now half the weight they were before. Now supping coffee and contemplating a trip to see the Waitrose Saturday girls.

Pics of Saturday girls please.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Report later.

Your wish is my command :)

The-Saturdays-hi-res.jpg
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Well I'm not dead after yesterday's DIY lumberjacking. No riding today but off to see Paddington Bear 2 this afternoon
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Report later.

Your wish is my command :)

The-Saturdays-hi-res.jpg

Top stuff - many thanks.

As an aside - where did they buy their shoes? Shoezone?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    And why is the one on the far right wearing a swimming costume?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Imposter is now back in the running.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    oxoman wrote:
    Good day all. Shite night at GMC coffee pot followed by call to be told youngest daughter's MH issues have kicked off with a vengeance again, so looks like I'm going to be busy again. Life sucks occasionally.

Sucks - hope all gets better soon.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon, soggy one did a nice little 60k on the bike and came back suitably soaked, saw the total of one other cyclist so can only assume theyre soft.
    Couldnt find my Gabba so wore a perfetto light which was, cold. anyway im alive warmed up by a fire with a suitable caffeinated hot beverage and cake at the local bike shop. Now to mull over what beers to open later.
  • sungod
    That’s good news, I started a thread yesterday asking if anyone had bought / worn the ros,
    I don’t suppose it was raining on your ride, I wanted to know how waterproof they are, but what I have read about them all’s good

wiggle has a discount code at the moment, you'll get 40 quid off... save40-1

fwiw i'm a medium in castelli's 'race cut' jerseys and got the ros in the same based on the sizing advice here...
    https://www.castellicafe.co.uk/mens/men ... ros-jacket
    ...it also says water resistance is similar to the gabba
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman wrote:
    Good day all. Shite night at GMC coffee pot followed by call to be told youngest daughter's MH issues have kicked off with a vengeance again, so looks like I'm going to be busy again. Life sucks occasionally.
    Hope she gets well soon oxo (sorry to ask, but what is MH?)
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Mental health?
  • tlw1
    Shoot news oxoman

Sat here in full Lycra waiting for the guys to finish plastering the kitchen before I can cycle over to the old hood for ale and apparently grown up dinner party stuff
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Sat here in full Lycra waiting for the guys to finish plastering the kitchen before I can cycle over to the old hood for ale and apparently grown up dinner party stuff
    So you're hanging around a bunch of burly tradesmen, dressed in lycra and hoping for a quick plastering?
  • lincolndave
    sungod wrote:

wiggle has a discount code at the moment, you'll get 40 quid off... save40-1

fwiw i'm a medium in castelli's 'race cut' jerseys and got the ros in the same based on the sizing advice here...
    https://www.castellicafe.co.uk/mens/men ... ros-jacket
    ...it also says water resistance is similar to the gabba

Well that’s a bugger, they are out of stock orange and blue in size l, only black in stock which I’m not keen on for winter riding