Fly 6 / Fly 12 - new versions

2»

Comments

• ianlash
    ianlash Posts: 147
    ianlash wrote:
    I got a couple of these a while ago for the original Fly12 and my Garmin Edge 1000. Suits me perfectly. They are from Oz so take a little while but I see they are cheaper now.

http://indigo.lighting/shop/mounts/dual-mount

That looks perfect for £13! I guess it holds the Fly12 out far enough from the head tube?

I'm using the stock Cycliq bar mount on my commuter bike but I'd like duo garmin/cam mount for my road bike as I tend to commute on that on nicer days over Summer.

I presume there is postage too, as they are in Oz. Yes, it holds it out far enough although it is a bit tight. For example, you will need to tilt the Fly12 up to turn it on or change the light as the stupid power button is on the back - just undo the Fly12 wing nut thing to tilt it. Obviously it will be upside down, so you can't see the flashing light. I just have audio confirmation every 10 minutes turned on.
  • Tufa
    Tufa Posts: 21
    ianlash wrote:
    ianlash wrote:
    I got a couple of these a while ago for the original Fly12 and my Garmin Edge 1000. Suits me perfectly. They are from Oz so take a little while but I see they are cheaper now.

That looks perfect for £13! I guess it holds the Fly12 out far enough from the head tube?

I'm using the stock Cycliq bar mount on my commuter bike but I'd like duo garmin/cam mount for my road bike as I tend to commute on that on nicer days over Summer.

I presume there is postage too, as they are in Oz. Yes, it holds it out far enough although it is a bit tight. For example, you will need to tilt the Fly12 up to turn it on or change the light as the stupid power button is on the back - just undo the Fly12 wing nut thing to tilt it. Obviously it will be upside down, so you can't see the flashing light. I just have audio confirmation every 10 minutes turned on.
    Just placed an order for this, it was with free shipping :) Thanks for the tip!
    Now just need to wait till Amazon get stock for the Fly12CE and Fly6CE...
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    Tufa wrote:
    ianlash wrote:
    ianlash wrote:

Your money, your choice - but why not get the original fly 12 and save close on £100 ?
  • Tufa
    kingrollo wrote:
    Tufa wrote:
    ianlash wrote:
    ianlash wrote:

Your money, your choice - but why not get the original fly 12 and save close on £100 ?
    size, weight, image quality, battery life, quick release (plus ant+ but thats not a big deal, atleast can see the battery life on my 520..)
    By the way the mount is sold out so they are going to refund it..
  • kingrollo
    Tufa wrote:
    kingrollo wrote:
    Tufa wrote:
    ianlash wrote:
    ianlash wrote:

size, weight, image quality, battery life, quick release (plus ant+ but thats not a big deal, atleast can see the battery life on my 520..)

Battery life is less on the newer model - 8hrs for CE - 10 hrs for orginal. not significant IMO - but just so you know.
  • Tufa
    kingrollo wrote:
    Tufa wrote:
    kingrollo wrote:
    Tufa wrote:
    ianlash wrote:
    ianlash wrote:

Battery life is less on the newer model - 8hrs for CE - 10 hrs for orginal. not significant IMO - but just so you know.
    Oh, sorry, didn't know that.
  • Tufa
    Got the new CE's today, both seems very good quality, the only disappointment that there is no way to see it from your phone (yet, hopefully) without an OTG SD card reader.

As the indigo mount now out of stock, I've decided to give a chance to the OEM Garmin mount + an aluminium action camera adapter to it bottom. If that mount can hold an edge 1000 plus a hero 4 black with housing(that's about 260gr), then it should be fine with a 520 and the 12CE(around 265gr)..
  • kingrollo
    Tufa wrote:
    Got the new CE's today, both seems very good quality, the only disappointment that there is no way to see it from your phone (yet, hopefully) without an OTG SD card reader.

As the indigo mount now out of stock, I've decided to give a chance to the OEM Garmin mount + an aluminium action camera adapter to it bottom. If that mount can hold an edge 1000 plus a hero 4 black with housing(that's about 260gr), then it should be fine with a 520 and the 12CE(around 265gr)..

Surley you can use the cycliq app to see a fly CE from your phone. ?
  • Tufa
    kingrollo wrote:
    Tufa wrote:

It allows you to set up the camera, enable/disable the alarm or start/stop recording, however no preview or see your records like you could do it on a Gopro. Also it has a video editor function but for that you need an OTG card reader to access the videos on your phone..
    Also the light network with my edge 520 is a bit funny and not something i would rely on but this was the last reason why i have bought this kit so i might just not use the Ant+ on it.. With the 520, only the front light turns on with the ride, the rear need to manually turned on. Once you stoped the ride, both lights turns off, but the bot cameras keep rolling. Also today the front light decided to disconnect from the light network and turned off the light(the camera remained on). After manually turned back on, it kept changing the pattern after every 5-6 mins.. This might be because of my 520, not sure, it might work fine with 820 or 1030..
    Looking forward to see the quality compared to my hero 6 tonight..
  • kingrollo
    Tufa wrote:
    kingrollo wrote:
    Tufa wrote:

It allows you to set up the camera, enable/disable the alarm or start/stop recording, however no preview or see your records like you could do it on a Gopro. Also it has a video editor function but for that you need an OTG card reader to access the videos on your phone..
    Also the light network with my edge 520 is a bit funny and not something i would rely on but this was the last reason why i have bought this kit so i might just not use the Ant+ on it.. With the 520, only the front light turns on with the ride, the rear need to manually turned on. Once you stoped the ride, both lights turns off, but the bot cameras keep rolling. Also today the front light decided to disconnect from the light network and turned off the light(the camera remained on). After manually turned back on, it kept changing the pattern after every 5-6 mins.. This might be because of my 520, not sure, it might work fine with 820 or 1030..

You can preview footage on your phone with the original Fly 12 (i did it yesterday!) - be a surprise if they withdrew it for a supposedly upgraded camera.
  • Tufa
    kingrollo wrote:
    Tufa wrote:
    kingrollo wrote:
    Tufa wrote:

You can preview footage on your phone with the original Fly 12 (i did it yesterday!) - be a surprise if they withdrew it for a supposedly upgraded camera.
    Just double checked the manual in case i have missed it but seems like to view option (yet?)
    When paired with the CycliqPlus app, your smartphone can access a wide range of additional features to enhance your ride:

• Adjust resolution and frames per second
    • Turn on 6-axis Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS)
    • Adjust light modes and brightness levels
    • Adjust audio settings
    • Set your bike alarm
    • Start and stop recording
    • See your battery percentage, and microSD card space available
    • Rename your device (making it easier to locate when connecting)

For previous Fly12 owners – you will also be able to overlay Strava metrics and tramlines, as well as view/edit footage on the mobile app.
  • kingrollo
    Tufa wrote:
    kingrollo wrote:
    Tufa wrote:
    kingrollo wrote:
    Tufa wrote:

Just double checked the manual in case i have missed it but seems like to view option (yet?)
    When paired with the CycliqPlus app, your smartphone can access a wide range of additional features to enhance your ride:

• Adjust resolution and frames per second
    • Turn on 6-axis Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS)
    • Adjust light modes and brightness levels
    • Adjust audio settings
    • Set your bike alarm
    • Start and stop recording
    • See your battery percentage, and microSD card space available
    • Rename your device (making it easier to locate when connecting)

For previous Fly12 owners – you will also be able to overlay Strava metrics and tramlines, as well as view/edit footage on the mobile app.

Very bizarre !

Its about the battery life - nothing else comes close. Wouldn't be surprised if cyliq aren't around for very much longer though.