tuesday evading taxes for the hell of it

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,555
edited November 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, wfh

gmc newspeak is ratcheting up, another bunch of costly consultants must've been oozed in by someone incapable of original thought, i tell myself just ignore it, it's too demotivating otherwise, but the urge to rage is strong

où sont les orangettes d'antan, bof
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    No consultants until Wednesday for me :)

Today is WFH, so I should really get moving and go for a run. Later is rollers, not exactly the type of rock and roll I really wanted
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Today is mostly avoiding doing anything of note, so I shall walk das hund, do some weights, do a shop at Edwyn's and then go out on my bicycle.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, after reading the heading i thought HMRC had caught up with me, well it’s overcast and very windy with rain forecast , I have some work to do in the garden hopefully followed by a ride.
  • Matthewfalle
    Just been outside. Blimey it's cold.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,555
    relatively mild here, shorts and couple of t-shirts for the trip to the gym

the cafe beckons
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    warm and wet this morning .... but got to work before the "double raindrop" on the BBC weather is due, so all is good .... looking at the weather though I think the ride home will be a mudfest ... whooooop !
  • Matthewfalle
    If it doesn't warm up I may turbo train. Its blimmin freezing out there.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Hot out there folks, I'm a right sweaty mess.

Early bail to collect mini H3 from school, do homework with her, make her dinner etc. Apparently I must not forget her after school snack, otherwise she sulks and rages for the rest of the afternoon.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Auditors in today, according to the sternly worded email and panicking managers we have to have a clear desk and no phones out etc. I have three laptops none locked down my phone on charge an headphones trailed across my desk :D
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Set fire to the house last night, the OH panicked and called the fire brigade whereas I was 100% calm and knew exactly what to do, at least that's what it looked like to her. Very small chimney fire but we spotted it from a glow around the edge of the register plate rather than roaring flames out the top of the chimney like most!

This is the first time we've used it for a prolonged period since we moved in, previous owner said it was clear. Previous owner also only fitted it 5 years ago but didn't bother with a flue liner and there is a huge rough brick 'cold void' above the register plate before the broken looking clay flue starts, at least he didn't burn his young family to death.

We need a flue liner for all three stoves I suspect, or have the other two swept in the interim if there will be a wait as we currently have no heating.

Off to the shop to buy a few boxes of beer for the fire station, not one of them took the p1ss out of us which is nice
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Sounds like a lucky escape there Hayden!
  • Matthewfalle
    Just got back in from das hund walk, tried to educate some people in the Paradise Papers thread, now off for a ride on my VAT free bicycle.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Sat in a waiting room with my folks waiting to see consultant. Hopefully one that knows what they're doing. Only half an hour over so far. Not doing my nerves much good and I'm trying to be positive and supportive of my folks.
  • haydenm
    Step83 wrote:
    Sounds like a lucky escape there Hayden!

Lessons learnt and all that! The fire (where it was supposed to be) was absolutely roaring at the time, whipped all the burning wood out into a bucket and lobbed it outside to cool it down fast. Wouldn't surprise me if we had had the same before, not seen it and we had been lucky. Certainly the smaller stove has made a chugging noise once in the past which we thought might have been the water boiler, don't know what all the fuss is about.... :oops:
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Sat in a waiting room with my folks waiting to see consultant. Hopefully one that knows what they're doing. Only half an hour over so far. Not doing my nerves much good and I'm trying to be positive and supportive of my folks.

Most of them know what they are doing, just some of them can be dicks. Not a nice situation to be in at all though V68. You have my sympathies.
  • haydenm
    Veronese68 wrote:

Not nice, hope you get good news
  • veronese68
    Still waiting. Why do oncology departments always seem to run so much later than others? Yet when I used to have to see a rheumatologist he was always running bang on time. Is it the predictability of appointments? But for a 10am appointment to be well over an hour late seems wrong. What if they get further behind as the day progresses?
    Glad you didn't burn the house down HM.
    Just read the Panama papers thread, I'm that bored.
  • veronese68
    Still waiting. Why do oncology departments always seem to run so much later than others? Yet when I used to have to see a rheumatologist he was always running bang on time. Is it the predictability of appointments? But for a 10am appointment to be well over an hour late seems wrong. What if they get further behind as the day progresses?
    Might go for a ride on my C2W bike later for purely leisure purposes. Rocking the lifestyle of Lewis Hamilton.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Hope Stevo is finding new ways to avoid GMC paying tax.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Veronese68 wrote:

Shoot day dude
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Might go for a ride on my C2W bike later for purely leisure purposes. Rocking the lifestyle of Lewis Hamilton.

They all run late. It's a lottery really - a consultant will run a clinic on a Wednesday morning say, and dish out 6 appointment times, but the times bear no relation to when you are seen.

I also have ridden my C2W work bike for leisure purposes, I'm evil! :evil:
  • haydenm
    I occasionally wear my work muckboots for walking the dog. I definitely drive a pickup for legitimate reasons though..
  • Matthewfalle
    What a lovely ride - and I didn't even pay any VAT for it. I rock.

As an aside, Rick really hasn't got a freakin' scoopsby about most things has he......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921

As an aside, Rick really hasn't got a freakin' scoopsby about most things has he......

Having read the Paradise Papers thread, I was shocked to see him use such a pejorative term as he did towards you. I thought we had come a long way in eradicating such behaviour and thinking but to see someone as cosmopolitan as he using such terms is quite frankly, disappointing.
  • Matthewfalle
    It's Rick though isn't it - he thinks of himself as a hip young urbanite but in reality - well, he's Rick. Probably dealing with the lunchtime rush as we speak.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,546
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Good luck with your old man V.

Pimped out jet? I'm happy with a few of those stickers that drop out of MBUK from time to time on my DH bike :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,546
    Ballysmate wrote:

Having read the Paradise Papers thread, I was shocked to see him use such a pejorative term as he did towards you. I thought we had come a long way in eradicating such behaviour and thinking but to see someone as cosmopolitan as he using such terms is quite frankly, disappointing.
    A little knowledge is a dangerous thing in tax - and there's a lot of little knowledge in that thread which a sense of moral indignation can't really compensate for.

I'll get stuck in again when I've finished, well, avoiding tax :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing in tax - and there's a lot of little knowledge in that thread which a sense of moral indignation can't really compensate for.

I'll get stuck in again when I've finished, well, avoiding tax :D

Yeah, the usual suspects getting morally indignant. :lol:
  • Matthewfalle
    I think that the bits that a few of us - and at the mo' especially the V Man - put all this bickering over othe people's tax into perspective: i.e. Who gives a feck so long as our families are happy and healthy?

Doesn't stop Rick from being a stronzo though.......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • ballysmate
    I think that the bits that a few of us - and at the mo' especially the V Man - put all this bickering over othe people's tax into perspective: i.e. Who gives a feck so long as our families are happy and healthy?

Doesn't stop Rick from being a stronzo though.......

Vedo quello che hai fatto là