Best place to clamp a carbon frame ?

2»

Comments

• keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Slowbike wrote:
    There's little in bike maintenance that I've come across that needs huge force - if it needs that much then I'll pop it on the floor on it's wheels (even if just temporarily fixed) to do that job - before putting it back in the stand to finish off.

+1 to that. I always have the bike on the floor when I'm dealing with threaded bottom brackets or pedals. Everything else I can do at a more comfortable height with the thing in the workstand.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    i'll screw in b/bs until finger tight in a stand but yup - final tourquing the bike goes on the floor or on the turbo trainer.

same for pedals.

if you don't have a stand, put the bike in a turbo trainer and put the whole shebang on a table - works just as wellas a stand (i have an old broken turbo that is now just the clamp and frame for this)
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tyw214
    tyw214 Posts: 52
    How are you suppose to work on the Canyon Aeroad ?? The top tube super skinny, and the seat post is pretty hollow and not round :x
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    tyw214 wrote:
    How are you suppose to work on the Canyon Aeroad ?? The top tube super skinny, and the seat post is pretty hollow and not round :x

I'd say that's one which needs the kind of stand which clamps the fork dropouts and supports the BB shell?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    tyw214 wrote:

Put the whole shebang in a turbo trainer and put that on a table like the bloke above said I’d say.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.