Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

sunday mort aux tyrans

sungodsungod Posts: 12,662
edited October 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

ride cafes etc.

enjoying the relative warmth at the moment, wonder how long it'll last
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Posts

  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,346
    Ferkin kids football rather than a bike ride this morning
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 5,607
    Ferkin kids. 6:15 this morning.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 8,236
    Morning,cooler and overcast this morning so much for the heatwave, have already been out for a ride, just having some coffee and toast
    Have a good day
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,770 Lives Here
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed. Need to pop over to my folks as the old man isn't well. This will be followed by a barbecue at a mate's so I will have to drink beer. Shame.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 41,688
    Good sleep last night and a lie in - much needed as was pretty wiped out yesterday. Now doing a bit of a garage clear out - mainly Strifeys junk as she never throws stuff until they have 'matured' for a few years, even when clearly destined for the dump/skip :roll:
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,346
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ferkin kids. 6:15 this morning.

    Did you mean to share your pedo tendencies?
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 5,607
    tlw1 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ferkin kids. 6:15 this morning.

    Did you mean to share your pedo tendencies?
    :?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • sungodsungod Posts: 12,662
    bright start but then gloomygrey which stalled the hoped for warmth, though sun seems to be peeking through now i'm back, even so, nice to have a ride without warmers, baselayer, gilet etc.

    weight is creeping up, really must try and reverse the trend, probably need to consider reduced cake/snack input, which is difficult with a kilo of orangettes tempting me, nom nom nom
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,597
    sungod wrote:

    weight is creeping up, really must try and reverse the trend, probably need to consider reduced cake/snack input, which is difficult with a kilo of orangettes tempting me, nom nom nom

    Futile at this time of year I think. I always put on 2 or 3 kilos in autumn and lose it again in spring.

    Picnic in Richmond Park with kids plus hound. Hopefully we can avoid any Fenton style escapades.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 41,688
    sungod wrote:
    weight is creeping up, really must try and reverse the trend, probably need to consider reduced cake/snack input, which is difficult with a kilo of orangettes tempting me, nom nom nom
    The only way to do that is not to have stuff like that in the house. If it's there, it will get scoffed in my experience.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinnopinno Posts: 39,158
    Funnily enough, I weighed myself today. 66kg's bang on. I was 72.4 in Feb. Determined to keep it at that.

    Me attending a Toots party today me. Wish me luck

    Laters.
    S - https://i.pinimg.com/564x/35/cd/f1/35cdf125f02216d233fc9aa90f8607e6.jpg
    W - (still at Atlantic boulevard). Neill broke his collarbone.

    "Why are the tractors beeping in the night? I dunno woss goin' on"
    Tricky, 9yo
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 41,688
    pinno wrote:
    Funnily enough, I weighed myself today. 66kg's bang on. I was 72.4 in Feb. Determined to keep it at that.
    What with you being a house husband and all, you'll be advertising kitchen cleaning products at this rate :)

    mrmuscle03.jpg
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,184
    Nice gentle Sportive helping a mate get his mojo back. So much for nice weather glad i put a thicker top on. Next time i ride solo arghh, so slow. Hopefully he found his mojo after buttermilk hill. Chasing the brats and evil Edna I suppose for rest of the day. PS no grassing me up for calling the Mrs evil Edna.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 5,607
    pinno wrote:
    Funnily enough, I weighed myself today. 66kg's bang on. I was 72.4 in Feb. Determined to keep it at that.
    That's great for 5 foot 4, keep it up P :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,597
    oxoman wrote:
    no grassing me up for calling the Mrs evil Edna.

    evil_edna_by_phospheratu.jpg
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 5,607
    One glass of Weston's cider and I can feel it. Cheers Stevo :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 41,688
    seanoconn wrote:
    One glass of Weston's cider and I can feel it. Cheers Stevo :D
    Another convert :) Could also explain why we haven't heard from Garry in a while, I reckon he's got a job lot and is busy trying to usurp TLW's position as forum alky.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 5,607
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    One glass of Weston's cider and I can feel it. Cheers Stevo :D
    Another convert :) Could also explain why we haven't heard from Garry in a while, I reckon he's got a job lot and is busy trying to usurp TLW's position as forum alky.
    I have my DIY chores assigned for this evening, it's not looking good.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 41,688
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    One glass of Weston's cider and I can feel it. Cheers Stevo :D
    Another convert :) Could also explain why we haven't heard from Garry in a while, I reckon he's got a job lot and is busy trying to usurp TLW's position as forum alky.
    I have my DIY chores assigned for this evening, it's not looking good.
    A couple more Westons and you won't be able to do any chores :wink:
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,597
    You have DIY chores on a Sunday evening? No wonder you're on the Westons. I've just taken advantage of the weather to mow the dandelions and moss. Next is folding washing. I will be off to the beer shop directly after.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 39,158
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    One glass of Weston's cider and I can feel it. Cheers Stevo :D
    Another convert :) Could also explain why we haven't heard from Garry in a while, I reckon he's got a job lot and is busy trying to usurp TLW's position as forum alky.

    Garry is in deepest, darkest Somerset. He may need rescuing.

    Careful how much drink you give Seano. He might go a bit silly and he might start making passes at you.
    S - https://i.pinimg.com/564x/35/cd/f1/35cdf125f02216d233fc9aa90f8607e6.jpg
    W - (still at Atlantic boulevard). Neill broke his collarbone.

    "Why are the tractors beeping in the night? I dunno woss goin' on"
    Tricky, 9yo
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 5,607
    hopkinb wrote:
    You have DIY chores on a Sunday evening? No wonder you're on the Westons. I've just taken advantage of the weather to mow the dandelions and moss. Next is folding washing. I will be off to the beer shop directly after.
    What the hell!? She told me all men have to do DIY chores on a Sunday evening!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,770 Lives Here
    Chores? On a Sunday evening? You're having a laugh. I've been at a barbecue all afternoon and may have been drinking. Should probably put the bins out, might do it in the morning, a kip on the couch seems like a better idea.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,346
    veronese68 wrote:
    Chores? On a Sunday evening? You're having a laugh. I've been at a barbecue all afternoon and may have been drinking. Should probably put the bins out, might do it in the morning, a kip on the couch seems like a better idea.

    I've put the bins out...... on the way to the pub
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 41,688
    seanoconn wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    You have DIY chores on a Sunday evening? No wonder you're on the Westons. I've just taken advantage of the weather to mow the dandelions and moss. Next is folding washing. I will be off to the beer shop directly after.
    What the hell!? She told me all men have to do DIY chores on a Sunday evening!
    Only if you're getting a suitable reward :wink:
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinnopinno Posts: 39,158
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    You have DIY chores on a Sunday evening? No wonder you're on the Westons. I've just taken advantage of the weather to mow the dandelions and moss. Next is folding washing. I will be off to the beer shop directly after.
    What the hell!? She told me all men have to do DIY chores on a Sunday evening!
    Only if you're getting a suitable reward :wink:

    A flowery apron?
    S - https://i.pinimg.com/564x/35/cd/f1/35cdf125f02216d233fc9aa90f8607e6.jpg
    W - (still at Atlantic boulevard). Neill broke his collarbone.

    "Why are the tractors beeping in the night? I dunno woss goin' on"
    Tricky, 9yo
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 41,688
    pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    You have DIY chores on a Sunday evening? No wonder you're on the Westons. I've just taken advantage of the weather to mow the dandelions and moss. Next is folding washing. I will be off to the beer shop directly after.
    What the hell!? She told me all men have to do DIY chores on a Sunday evening!
    Only if you're getting a suitable reward :wink:

    A flowery apron?
    Whatever floats your boat. Might be quite handy for you :wink:
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
Sign In or Register to comment.