friday it's better to burn out, than to fade away

2»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    HaydenM wrote:
    Foxes are vermin, get a rifle, shoot it, then do some bad taxidermy on it

If they weren't shot at, poisoned, trapped, hunted. lamped and run over by cars in the countryside, they wouldn't have moved into urban areas. Having worked on 2 farms, I can honestly say that the apparent threat to lambs is greater from Buzzards and have only once came across a lamb that looked like it had been taken by a fox but it was severely undersized and was probably still born anyway.
    Mink and Ferrets can wreak havoc. If a fox get's in a Chicken pen, it ain't the foxes fault.

What's 'Vermin' exactly? If there's a proliferation of rodents for example, then it's almost guaranteed to be because of man's activities - waste, surplus, alteration/loss of habitat etc.

Odd that the fox has so many similarities to a dog but we keep dog's. Dog's sh1t, pi$$ and make a hell of a mess collectively and yet we are endeared to the dog and not the fox.

8.5 million Dog's in the UK. Think of all that sh1t and pi$$ and the sheer volume of feed stuffs to feed them.
    Only 260,000 adult foxes in the UK.
    We spend an average £586.44 per dog in the UK (multiplied by 8.5m). That's a hell of a huge amount. Imagine how many NHS staff that would cover.

Which animal make the biggest environmental impact: the fox or the dog.

I do not understand animosity towards an animal that has every right to live on this island. They don't f*ck the planet up and their environmental impact is negligible.

Smell the coffee guys.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Pob lwc Hopkin. Gobeithio bod pob dim yn mynd yn iawn!
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    They're sneaky though, aren't they!
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Pinno wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

If they weren't shot at, poisoned, trapped, hunted. lamped and run over by cars in the countryside, they wouldn't have moved into urban areas. Having worked on 2 farms, I can honestly say that the apparent threat to lambs is greater from Buzzards and have only once came across a lamb that looked like it had been taken by a fox but it was severely undersized and was probably still born anyway.
    Mink and Ferrets can wreak havoc. If a fox get's in a Chicken pen, it ain't the foxes fault.

What's 'Vermin' exactly? If there's a proliferation of rodents for example, then it's almost guaranteed to be because of man's activities - waste, surplus, alteration/loss of habitat etc.

Odd that the fox has so many similarities to a dog but we keep dog's. Dog's sh1t, pi$$ and make a hell of a mess collectively and yet we are endeared to the dog and not the fox.

8.5 million Dog's in the UK. Think of all that sh1t and pi$$ and the sheer volume of feed stuffs to feed them.
    We spend an average £586.44 per dog in the UK (multiplied by 8.5m). That's a hell of a huge amount. Imagine how many NHS staff that would cover.

I do not understand animosity towards an animal that has every right to live on this island. They don't f*ck the planet up and their environmental impact is negligible.

Smell the coffee guys.

It is a common view though on lot's of animals and other people

Humans eh,you can't live with them and you can't live with them. :)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,546
    Pinno wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

Smell the coffee guys.
    In my experience the difference between a dog and a fox is about 6 pints.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    You are sid the sexist and I claim my £5!
  • hopkinb
    Thanks for all the good wishes and Welsh. I'll probably be a bit off grid tomorrow.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    He's not completely wrong though, but more like 8 pints.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    hopkinb wrote:
    Thanks for all the good wishes and Welsh. I'll probably be a bit off grid tomorrow.
    Why? What's going on?
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    He's not completely wrong though, but more like 8 pints.
    Depends how fussy you are.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    That reminds me, saw a Viz cartoon that made me chuckle today:

tumblr_mzvar11yMh1s8su8go1_1280.jpg

And good luck tomorrow. You know the drill, just answer yes to any questions from the bloke in the frock.
  • crumbschief
    So many good ones,Colin concorde-cock haha
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    That reminds me, saw a Viz cartoon that made me chuckle today:

tumblr_mzvar11yMh1s8su8go1_1280.jpg

And good luck tomorrow. You know the drill, just answer yes to any questions from the bloke in the frock.
    Super cartoon!
    If there's a bloke in a frock I'm in the wrong place. Strictly secular reggo office job.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Super cartoon!
    If there's a bloke in a frock I'm in the wrong place. Strictly secular reggo office job.
    OK, that makes It easier then.

Just watch what the new Mrs eats from now on :wink:

now-i-can-get-fat-very-fat+(Large).jpg
  • pinno
    Nom_9b460f_174708.jpg
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Nom_9b460f_174708.jpg

If it doesnt work out for Hoppy there's always the option to sell (I know you've seen it but he needs to know):

097_04232014_08-43.jpg
  • pinno
    You've posted that before Stevo. :roll:
  • crumbschief
    Still worth a look though,i'm on hold as i type.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Yeah, what did I say above between your pic and mine? :wink: Durr...
  • Stevo_666
    Still worth a look though,i'm on hold as i type.
    Which one you going bid for?
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Yeah, what did I say above between your pic and mine? :wink: Durr...

Yes Dad.

@CC: I quite like Sci-fi films but most of them are shyte so I may watch that just because it may have gone against the grain. The original and first Alien was brilliant, the rest carp for example. 2011 Space Odyssey was quite good despite getting poor critical acclaim.
  • crumbschief
    Mrs Lloyd Jones for me,some teeth,well maintained,£40 bargin.
  • Stevo_666
    Mrs Lloyd Jones for me,some teeth,well maintained,£40 bargin.
    I would save up for Mrs. Anderson.
  • pinno
    Mrs (unfortunately) Heida Reed for me. Must save more than £40 methinks, Failing that, Gabby Roslin/Yorath whatever she's called now.