Training with a leg injury

JesseD
JesseD Posts: 1,961
So I managed to stack it about 4-5 weeks ago whilst on holiday cycling in the Sierra Nevada mountains in Spain, the off was quite bad with a serious amount of skin from my leg, arse and arm left on the road. I am almost healed from a raod rash perspective but still have a pretty sizeable hemetoma on my right butt cheek and right upper thigh which doesnt seem to be going down too quickly.

I have tried riding but i just end up aggrivating the hemetoma and it becomes painful and enflamed so have had to stop until its healed properly, that said i am putting on weight fast and am feeling extremely unfit so want to start doing some form of exercise to help keep my fitness up a bit (or stop losing it too quickly).

Any suggestions for what training i can do that will have a positive effect on my cycling fitness until I can get back on the bike?
Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!

Comments

• redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Swimming is probably your best bet. Will help you maintain your fitness without putting any stress on your injuries.

Hope you feel better soon.
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    Short duration gentle spinning will help speed recovery by gently exercising the muscle to prevent stiffening up. Gentle massage might similarly help
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    Swimming is a good call, we have a pool across the road from work and monthly cards are around £25 so i could be swimming before work or at lunch then.

Spinning i dont think will help as any exercise on the legs seems to increase the swelling on the hematoma, not sure why.

If not decreased in size by next Friday I am off back to the hospital to get it drained i think
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!