monday in the void within reality

2»

Comments

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Pinno wrote:
    Err... you could start cooking for the little one's?

Tagliatelle with Cheese sauce, Chestnut mushrooms and Lidl's own Bavarian smoked ham for us. OH is werkin' as they say in the Norf East.

Made a pasta carbonara tonight - from scratch, obvs - none of this out of a jar rubbish for us.

Thinking about it, it's so simple and cheap to do, why would you buy a jar of carbonara sauce?

You British really confuse me sometimes.

I wouldn't. But I'm only half British. Mrs H3 to be buys jars of white sauce, bechamel, besciamella. However many times I hit her with a wooden spoon and show her how simple it is. Still the jars. Same with the fcuking tomato sauce for pasta. Bah.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Pinno wrote:
    My girls like Oatcakes with Chocolate spread. Shorty gets constipated quite easily if she eats too much white bread and pasta etc, so the Oatcakes serve a purpose. We've cut pasta down to once a week for them.
    Pineapple on Pizza - nom nom nom nom nom. We had a Pineapple tree in Kenya in the garden, it tasted so sweet to what you can get here.

Whoa right there sunshine! Oatcakes?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,085
    edited October 2017
    Me I cook from scratch everything me.

Yer a bit late for supper Hoppy, the kids and pasta: don't get your fingers anywhere near them

Try the Dulano Black Forest ham they have Hoppy. Magic for far less than fake Prosciutto. I make Panini with extra strong cheddar and that Black forest ham in my George Foreman grill. It's a handy thing that. Add some sliced plum tomatoes and Paprika for extra zing.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    My girls like Oatcakes with Chocolate spread. Shorty gets constipated quite easily if she eats too much white bread and pasta etc, so the Oatcakes serve a purpose. We've cut pasta down to once a week for them.
    Pineapple on Pizza - nom nom nom nom nom. We had a Pineapple tree in Kenya in the garden, it tasted so sweet to what you can get here.

Whoa right there sunshine! Oatcakes?

Yes darling? Oatcakes - for them, purely medicinal.
  • Garry H
    See, told ya, superfood. Had a couple earlier. And orzo.
  • hopkinb
    Next time I'm in Lidl's I'll look out for that. Last time in was in, they had little 40g packs of very nice pata negra ham, as well as some lovely bratwurst.
    I like a bit of pineapple, it strikes a nice balance of sweetness and acidity. Btw, If you like pineapple, you should try the sweet wines from Jurançon.
    Mmmmmm food.
  • Garry H
    hopkinb wrote:
    Next time I'm in Lidl's I'll look out for that. Last time in was in, they had little 40g packs of very nice pata negra ham, as well as some lovely bratwurst.
    I like a bit of pineapple, it strikes a nice balance of sweetness and acidity. Btw, If you like pineapple, you should try the sweet wines from Jurançon.
    Mmmmmm food.
    They sell oatcakes as well. And rather nice chorizo. And pate.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Pinno wrote:
    Who came up with this abomination. Clearly someone with no taste buds fruit on savoury arrrrrch!!!!!!!!!!!.
  • pinno
    Webboo wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Who came up with this abomination. Clearly someone with no taste buds fruit on savoury arrrrrch!!!!!!!!!!!.

Well, it if pleases you, I chuck some sliced grapes into a pasta sauce mix sometimes. Try it.
  • hopkinb
    Garry H wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Mmmmmm food.
    They sell oatcakes as well. And rather nice chorizo. And pate.
    Oatcakes make cheese a chore. Cheese should never be a chore. Chorizo and pate are lovely. I love all pork products.
  • Garry H
    Pinno wrote:
    Webboo wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Well, it if pleases you, I chuck some sliced grapes into a pasta sauce mix sometimes. Try it.
    Dude, they were olives.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Pinno wrote:
    Webboo wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Next you will be putting raisins in your curry.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    When I lived near the Potteries it was said that the best thing about Stoke was its oat cakes.

Given how shyyyt they are it sort of sums up how shyyyt Stoke is.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    I've eaten loads of biscuits today.
  • hopkinb
    Garry H wrote:
    I had cake. Orange cake with a chocolate coating.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ooooh - what kind? Any Garibaldies?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Similar. These fruity, crunchy things from lidl. They come in a posh box.

I like garibaldies.
  • Garry H
    hopkinb wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    I had cake. Orange cake with a chocolate coating.
    A chocolate orange?
  • pinno
    Webboo wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Webboo wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Next you will be putting raisins in your curry.

Yep and salted peanuts in a Fish Curry.