monday in the void within reality

sungod
sungod Posts: 17,125
edited October 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, office, bail early

thinking ahead, i've ordered one of mrs s's crimbo pressies, a wine advent calendar! every time i think the human race has peaked, something like this comes along and shows how much higher we can soar
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,081
    No gym, so straight to the office.

Later is open everning at the kids school and apparently we have to go
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,689
    Morning folks,
    How can it be Monday already? Got the day off tomorrow at least, going out for lunch with the lad before the airport run later in the afternoon. Feels really odd that he is going, more than a little worried but also excited for him and a bit jealous. But I suppose there is an element of living vicariously through your kids as you get older. Actually hoping for a reasonably busy day in the office to keep me occupied.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    VN, 2 years ago my daughter went to Oz for 12 months. She had always been a bit, I suppose, 'timid' and I was more than a bit worried. She had the time of her life whilst I never stopped fretting.
    In December she is off to NZ and whist still feel ambivalent, realise that is what she wants to do and am sure she will have a great time, as will your lad.

PS My daughter went via Malaysian Airlines and I made the mistake of tracking her plane on a website.
    Horrified when it disappeared over the Arabian Sea, just after flying over Iran. Speed 0 Altitude 0.
    Won't be doing that again!!
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    new office !!! .... arrrgh, everything is all over the place, fight over lockers, 50% of showers out of order and power is fluctuating so only allowed to use 1 monitor until they fix the power

still .. I can see green fields from here !
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,085
    Ballysmate wrote:
    In December she is off to NZ

FFS, do not let her bump into my brother. If she needs a description, just PM me.

Fettled the C40 yesterday. Re-tapped all but 1 pesky mount which is actually swivelling around but managed to get some loctite in to stop it turning and put back one of the bolts I had shortened back in.
    'Fender nuts' fitted for mounting cruds.

Today's work will be fettling summer bike so that it's pristine and ready for action come spring next year (if and when spring happens).

Ordered plumbers solder, flux, brazing torch, 50mm off set flue to fit recessed wood burner with wet back. That's next weeks' job plus finishing plasterboarding (finally). Once that's done, it's wahey big corner turned. Sparky says he'll see me on VN's day (Turdsday) but we shall see.

Van is in tomorrow to get the sills and lower 1/6th painted. Sprayer said he has a spare pair of grey steel 16" off his van that were clean and I could get them cheap. Wish he had said that before I bought a set of rims to be done :roll:

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    After this morning with the bambini no matter what work throws at me it's a freakin' holiday.

You can tell autumn is here. - time to roll down sleeves. Never like rolled down sleeves.

Apart from that bit of work, bit of gym, pile into normal after school chaos.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, grim news coming out of the US again this morning.

Feeling somewhat human random claret escape via the nasal passage so feeling a little tired now.

Rolled down sleeves are annoying, I'm with you on that one Matt, well to a point if its a decent shirt an its a cold office its allowable, or if you have nice cufflinks on.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I like full sleeve coverage.

Nothing much happening - just had a chocolate and peanut butter cupcake thing to alleviate boredom.

Smashed and emptied my daughter's money bank at the weekend, what with the old pound coins expiring soon. If I end up with £1, £2 or a fiver in my pocket when I get home it goes in there. There was £740. I've fobbed the kids off with £50 each and we're taking the rest on honeymoon with us.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,658
    hopkinb wrote:
    I like full sleeve coverage.

Nothing much happening - just had a chocolate and peanut butter cupcake thing to alleviate boredom.

Smashed and emptied my daughter's money bank at the weekend, what with the old pound coins expiring soon. If I end up with £1, £2 or a fiver in my pocket when I get home it goes in there. There was £740. I've fobbed the kids off with £50 each and we're taking the rest on honeymoon with us.
    As revenge, the kids will spend the 50 quid taking lessons on-line in how to hack Daddy's credit card and bank account...

Sawdust. Hammers. Clamps. Brackets. Unofficial start to the swimming pool season. Sooooo tired.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb

As revenge, the kids will spend the 50 quid taking lessons on-line in how to hack Daddy's credit card and bank account...

I wouldn't put it past them. Though the boy spent his immediately on a new skateboard deck and the requisite nuts and bolts to secure his trucks and wheels, and mini H3 splashed £25 on various bits of colourful plastic and told me to save the other £25 for her.
  • veronese68
    Thanks friend of Bally, I know what you mean. I am sure he'll have a great time as you say and it should be quite an education for him. By the standards of teenage boys he's comparatively sensible, but it's a pretty low bar. Good tip about the airline tracker, will try to avoid that and more importantly keep the Mrs away from anything like that. We've said to him that he doesn't have to call us every 10 minutes but if he posts regularly on social meeja at least we'll know he's alright. We've got a few contacts in some of the places he's going which helps a little with peace of mind.
    I always wanted a day named after me, thanks Piña.
    I'm quite happy with long sleeves except when eating, have to roll them up to eat.
  • Wheelspinner
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Thanks friend of Bally, I know what you mean. I am sure he'll have a great time as you say and it should be quite an education for him. By the standards of teenage boys he's comparatively sensible, but it's a pretty low bar. Good tip about the airline tracker, will try to avoid that and more importantly keep the Mrs away from anything like that. We've said to him that he doesn't have to call us every 10 minutes but if he posts regularly on social meeja at least we'll know he's alright. We've got a few contacts in some of the places he's going which helps a little with peace of mind.
    I always wanted a day named after me, thanks Piña.
    I'm quite happy with long sleeves except when eating, have to roll them up to eat.
    On the flip side, an old friend of mine and his wife are inveterate travellers. Their (only) son complains that he never knows where they are other than following their FB posts. This week in Santorini and Naxos... last week was Venice, etc etc..
  • veronese68
    That's a point, will I need Spinner's contact detail for when he is in Oz? He might be low on cash and need a place to crash.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,596
    Rolled up sleeves for me - keeps them out of my food and sends a subtle signal to the office denizens that I mean business. Hopefully.

Cycled in this morning and now feeding face avoiding getting food on sleeves. It's a bit busy this week and it's stuff that can't really be delegated to minions. Never mind.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Sleeves down, someones set the aircon to Siberia
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,596
    Veronese68 wrote:
    That's a point, will I need Spinner's contact detail for when he is in Oz? He might be low on cash and need a place to crash.
    Spinner has gone quiet all of a sudden...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    He's heard how much young 98 can eat.
  • Wheelspinner
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    He's heard how much young 98 can eat.
    Fell asleep on the sofa, now just woken up at 12.15am, time to go to bed...
  • Matthewfalle
    Sleeves down and cuff links on normal shirts but we have to either have sleeves up or down depending on the time of year for work clothes.

As an aside, now sitting in some random persons kitchen by myself following a frankly ridiculous plan that has been devised by TDV.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Sleeves, cufflinks?! Pah. City boys.

Me base layer me - most of the time. They're either up or down. When they are up, they are up and when they are down, they are down and when they are only half way up, they are neither up or down.

What a banal subject of conversation, what a bunch of w@nkers. Is that all you can come up with?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,125
    well, it occurred to me that pineapple may be the only thing delicious enough to render oatcakes palatable

but i'm not going to risk spoiling good pineapple, someone else can try it
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    My girls like Oatcakes with Chocolate spread. Shorty gets constipated quite easily if she eats too much white bread and pasta etc, so the Oatcakes serve a purpose. We've cut pasta down to once a week for them.
    Pineapple on Pizza - nom nom nom nom nom. We had a Pineapple tree in Kenya in the garden, it tasted so sweet to what you can get here.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:

Me base layer me - most of the time. They're either up or down. When they are up, they are up and when they are down, they are down and when they are only half way up, they are neither up or down.

What a banal subject of conversation, what a bunch of w@nkers. Is that all you can come up with?

I was thinking of starting a thread about oatcakes and pineapple but thought it, well, a bit tripe, so didn't.

I still have no idea why I am in this kitchen by the way. It is a nice kitchen, but WTF am I doing here?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    edited October 2017
    Err... you could start cooking for the little one's?

Tagliatelle with Cheese sauce, Chestnut mushrooms and Lidl's own Bavarian smoked ham for us. OH is werkin' as they say in the Norf West.
  • veronese68
    Are the owners of the kitchen aware there is a strange man sitting in it?
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:

I was thinking of starting a thread about oatcakes and pineapple but thought it, well, a bit tripe, so didn't.

I still have no idea why I am in this kitchen by the way. It is a nice kitchen, but WTF am I doing here?

Standard BB question. Are there norks?
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:

Tagliatelle with Cheese sauce, Chestnut mushrooms and Lidl's own Bavarian smoked ham for us. OH is werkin' as they say in the Norf East.
    Grocer's apostrophe alert.
    Have I ever said how much I love mushrooms? I also love Lidl's pork products. Can I come for tea Pinno?
  • hopkinb
    But you called me a banal w@nker, so now I'm conflicted.
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Are the owners of the kitchen aware there is a strange man sitting in it?

I must admit that I'm actually not sure they are.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:

Tagliatelle with Cheese sauce, Chestnut mushrooms and Lidl's own Bavarian smoked ham for us. OH is werkin' as they say in the Norf East.

Made a pasta carbonara tonight - from scratch, obvs - none of this out of a jar rubbish for us.

Thinking about it, it's so simple and cheap to do, why would you buy a jar of carbonara sauce?

You British really confuse me sometimes.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.