Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

What is love?

hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 7,074
edited February 2018 in The bottom bracket
Baby don't hurt me, no more. So sang Haddaway in the 90's.
However, my impending nuptials have led me to think long and hard on the nature of love.
Is it a deep and lasting respect for one's life partner, built on trust and shared experience and goals?
Is it the undying, unconditional love you have for a child?
Or is love transient? A snatched glance with a stranger, or the interplay of light and shade in a woodland glade?
Or is it just dopamine and serotonin and other brain chemicals, just making you perpetuate your DNA?
Love can be all things for all people, but for me, I think that the real thing resides in a wuss. A wuss married to a Pole, who loves a big telly and some new bedroom furniture. A lovely mass of love who went to school just up the road, and may have experienced the wrong kind of love from the bad men in the frocks. Despite the bad love, and the TV based confusion, I have decided that true love lies with Seano of the family Conn. He is lovely, and I love him. Maybe on the next BB outing I will meet him, and be able to express my love in the form of pork scratchings and ale.
More acid please. The walls are melting.

Posts

  • It's nothing but a second hand emotion
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • Evol backwards.
    Not to put you on a bad trip ,
    Look in the mirror and watch the walls bend.
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 8,984
    anyway, does anybody love anybody anyway?
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 24,680 Lives Here
    I think you're confusing love with lust. You are in lust with Seano.
  • Do you want to wear his skin, like a testament or chalice to your insatiable desire?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • Love is wiping your partner's censored when they are sick with cancer/chemo. Been there, reasonably proud of myself.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 7,074
    Do you want to wear his skin, like a testament or chalice to your insatiable desire?
    I do, saying the paternoster in Latin, as my cleaner rubs my barse gently with a brillo pad.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 7,074
    Big Harv wrote:
    Love is wiping your partner's ars* when they are sick with cancer/chemo. Been there, reasonably proud of myself.

    All joking aside, that is love.
  • I love TDNFNATN and she loves me.. We have a true, complete, unassailable love.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,789
    hopkinb wrote:
    More acid please. The walls are melting.

    Certainly sir and may I congratulate you in finding true love. I hope it's reciprocated.

    giphy.gif
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 8,984
    Love hurts, love scars, love wounds and marks
    Any heart not tough or strong enough
    To take a lot of pain take a lot of pain
    Love is like a cloud it holds a lot of rain
    Love hurts, ooh love hurts

    Nazareth, lead singer Dan McCafferty
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 15,628
    If it is reciprocated, who is the pitcher and who's the catcher?
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,789
    There are other positions square pants.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • TDLW has caught me.

    I'd smash it.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • pblakeneypblakeney Posts: 16,837
    1. Whatever they want it to be to get a result. Or...
    2. When you are quite happy to put their happiness before yours.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • orraloon wrote:
    anyway, does anybody love anybody anyway?
    Howard Jones, of the incredibly whining voice. Argh. :roll:
    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Giant MCM One Cannondale Prophet Lefty Cannondale Super V SL Cove Handjob Cervelo RS
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,789
    Who needs a heart when a heart has emotion?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Garry HGarry H Posts: 6,639
    It will tear you apart.
  • It's just bulllshitt really - commercially approved sycophancy/sentimentalism. Opus for the dismally desperate masses.

    Pay ya money, get your love. Innit sweet say the capitalist.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,789
    It's just bulllshitt really - commercially approved sycophancy/sentimentalism. Opus for the dismally desperate masses.

    Pay ya money, get your love. Innit sweet say the capitalist.

    Love don't live here anymore...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Generally "love" is for the gullible used by the exploitative.

    Saccharin infested idealism of friendship.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • Generally "love" is for the gullible used by the exploitative.

    Saccharin infested idealism of friendship.

    Agreed. Dedication to someone's wellbeing (duty even) far more worthy qualities. Medics have to turn it on every day. Respect.
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 8,239
    hopkinb wrote:
    Baby don't hurt me, no more. So sang Haddaway in the 90's.
    However, my impending nuptials have led me to think long and hard on the nature of love.
    Is it a deep and lasting respect for one's life partner, built on trust and shared experience and goals?
    Is it the undying, unconditional love you have for a child?
    Or is love transient? A snatched glance with a stranger, or the interplay of light and shade in a woodland glade?
    Or is it just dopamine and serotonin and other brain chemicals, just making you perpetuate your DNA?
    Love can be all things for all people, but for me, I think that the real thing resides in a wuss. A wuss married to a Pole, who loves a big telly and some new bedroom furniture. A lovely mass of love who went to school just up the road, and may have experienced the wrong kind of love from the bad men in the frocks. Despite the bad love, and the TV based confusion, I have decided that true love lies with Seano of the family Conn. He is lovely, and I love him. Maybe on the next BB outing I will meet him, and be able to express my love in the form of pork scratchings and ale.
    More acid please. The walls are melting.
    How did I miss this!? :D Oh hoppy I'm so sorry, you must have been devastated. Mmmmm seano, it's completely understandable and many share the same feelings. There's definitely something stirring from my end too although it could be the fish and chips from last night. I'm looking forward to sharing the full seano experience when V68 and Stevo can pull their fingers out of each other's @rses and arrange something.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 15,628
    seanoconn wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Baby don't hurt me, no more. So sang Haddaway in the 90's.
    However, my impending nuptials have led me to think long and hard on the nature of love.
    Is it a deep and lasting respect for one's life partner, built on trust and shared experience and goals?
    Is it the undying, unconditional love you have for a child?
    Or is love transient? A snatched glance with a stranger, or the interplay of light and shade in a woodland glade?
    Or is it just dopamine and serotonin and other brain chemicals, just making you perpetuate your DNA?
    Love can be all things for all people, but for me, I think that the real thing resides in a wuss. A wuss married to a Pole, who loves a big telly and some new bedroom furniture. A lovely mass of love who went to school just up the road, and may have experienced the wrong kind of love from the bad men in the frocks. Despite the bad love, and the TV based confusion, I have decided that true love lies with Seano of the family Conn. He is lovely, and I love him. Maybe on the next BB outing I will meet him, and be able to express my love in the form of pork scratchings and ale.
    More acid please. The walls are melting.
    How did I miss this!? :D Oh hoppy I'm so sorry, you must have been devastated. Mmmmm seano, it's completely understandable and many share the same feelings. There's definitely something stirring from my end too although it could be the fish and chips from last night. I'm looking forward to sharing the full seano experience when V68 and Stevo can pull their fingers out of each other's @rses and arrange something.

    Sounds like a BB daisy chain for the 4 of you. No pics. For God's sake, no pics.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,831
    seanoconn wrote:
    How did I miss this!? :D Oh hoppy I'm so sorry, you must have been devastated. Mmmmm seano, it's completely understandable and many share the same feelings. There's definitely something stirring from my end too although it could be the fish and chips from last night. I'm looking forward to sharing the full seano experience when V68 and Stevo can pull their fingers out of each other's @rses and arrange something.
    I missed this as well - No idea how. Maybe I should quiz Hoppy about this when I meet him.

    Given the subtle hint we'll arrange a drink so you don't have to spend all your spare time dogging on Wimbledon common :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 24,680 Lives Here
    Why bother arranging a drink if the slacker won’t turn up?
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,831
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Why bother arranging a drink if the slacker won’t turn up?
    Good point - last time it was 'too warm' for the poor lad. Thats taking being a Southerner a bit too far :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
Sign In or Register to comment.