What is love?

hopkinb
hopkinb Posts: 7,129
edited February 2018 in The bottom bracket
Baby don't hurt me, no more. So sang Haddaway in the 90's.
However, my impending nuptials have led me to think long and hard on the nature of love.
Is it a deep and lasting respect for one's life partner, built on trust and shared experience and goals?
Is it the undying, unconditional love you have for a child?
Or is love transient? A snatched glance with a stranger, or the interplay of light and shade in a woodland glade?
Or is it just dopamine and serotonin and other brain chemicals, just making you perpetuate your DNA?
Love can be all things for all people, but for me, I think that the real thing resides in a wuss. A wuss married to a Pole, who loves a big telly and some new bedroom furniture. A lovely mass of love who went to school just up the road, and may have experienced the wrong kind of love from the bad men in the frocks. Despite the bad love, and the TV based confusion, I have decided that true love lies with Seano of the family Conn. He is lovely, and I love him. Maybe on the next BB outing I will meet him, and be able to express my love in the form of pork scratchings and ale.
More acid please. The walls are melting.

Comments

• It's nothing but a second hand emotion
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Evol backwards.
    Not to put you on a bad trip ,
    Look in the mirror and watch the walls bend.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    anyway, does anybody love anybody anyway?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I think you're confusing love with lust. You are in lust with Seano.
  • Do you want to wear his skin, like a testament or chalice to your insatiable desire?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Love is wiping your partner's arse when they are sick with cancer/chemo. Been there, reasonably proud of myself.
  • hopkinb
    Do you want to wear his skin, like a testament or chalice to your insatiable desire?
    I do, saying the paternoster in Latin, as my cleaner rubs my barse gently with a brillo pad.
  • hopkinb
    Big Harv wrote:
    Love is wiping your partner's ars* when they are sick with cancer/chemo. Been there, reasonably proud of myself.

All joking aside, that is love.
  • I love TDNFNATN and she loves me.. We have a true, complete, unassailable love.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    hopkinb wrote:

Certainly sir and may I congratulate you in finding true love. I hope it's reciprocated.

giphy.gif
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Love hurts, love scars, love wounds and marks
    Any heart not tough or strong enough
    To take a lot of pain take a lot of pain
    Love is like a cloud it holds a lot of rain
    Love hurts, ooh love hurts

Nazareth, lead singer Dan McCafferty
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    If it is reciprocated, who is the pitcher and who's the catcher?
  • pinno
    There are other positions square pants.
  • TDLW has caught me.

I'd smash it.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,597
    1. Whatever they want it to be to get a result. Or...
    2. When you are quite happy to put their happiness before yours.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • orraloon wrote:
    anyway, does anybody love anybody anyway?
    Howard Jones, of the incredibly whining voice. Argh. :roll:
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    Who needs a heart when a heart has emotion?
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    It will tear you apart.
  • It's just bulllshitt really - commercially approved sycophancy/sentimentalism. Opus for the dismally desperate masses.

Pay ya money, get your love. Innit sweet say the capitalist.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    It's just bulllshitt really - commercially approved sycophancy/sentimentalism. Opus for the dismally desperate masses.

Pay ya money, get your love. Innit sweet say the capitalist.

Love don't live here anymore...
  • Generally "love" is for the gullible used by the exploitative.

Saccharin infested idealism of friendship.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Generally "love" is for the gullible used by the exploitative.

Saccharin infested idealism of friendship.

Agreed. Dedication to someone's wellbeing (duty even) far more worthy qualities. Medics have to turn it on every day. Respect.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    hopkinb wrote:
    However, my impending nuptials have led me to think long and hard on the nature of love.
    Is it a deep and lasting respect for one's life partner, built on trust and shared experience and goals?
    Or is love transient? A snatched glance with a stranger, or the interplay of light and shade in a woodland glade?
    Or is it just dopamine and serotonin and other brain chemicals, just making you perpetuate your DNA?
    Love can be all things for all people, but for me, I think that the real thing resides in a wuss. A wuss married to a Pole, who loves a big telly and some new bedroom furniture. A lovely mass of love who went to school just up the road, and may have experienced the wrong kind of love from the bad men in the frocks. Despite the bad love, and the TV based confusion, I have decided that true love lies with Seano of the family Conn. He is lovely, and I love him. Maybe on the next BB outing I will meet him, and be able to express my love in the form of pork scratchings and ale.
    How did I miss this!? :D Oh hoppy I'm so sorry, you must have been devastated. Mmmmm seano, it's completely understandable and many share the same feelings. There's definitely something stirring from my end too although it could be the fish and chips from last night. I'm looking forward to sharing the full seano experience when V68 and Stevo can pull their fingers out of each other's @rses and arrange something.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    seanoconn wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    How did I miss this!? :D Oh hoppy I'm so sorry, you must have been devastated. Mmmmm seano, it's completely understandable and many share the same feelings. There's definitely something stirring from my end too although it could be the fish and chips from last night. I'm looking forward to sharing the full seano experience when V68 and Stevo can pull their fingers out of each other's @rses and arrange something.

Sounds like a BB daisy chain for the 4 of you. No pics. For God's sake, no pics.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    seanoconn wrote:
    I missed this as well - No idea how. Maybe I should quiz Hoppy about this when I meet him.

Given the subtle hint we'll arrange a drink so you don't have to spend all your spare time dogging on Wimbledon common :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Why bother arranging a drink if the slacker won’t turn up?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Why bother arranging a drink if the slacker won’t turn up?
    Good point - last time it was 'too warm' for the poor lad. Thats taking being a Southerner a bit too far :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]