Etape du Tour 2018

13»

Comments

• twotoebenny
    twotoebenny Posts: 1,432
    Annecy and surrounding area is great for cycling, the cycle path previously mentioned is fantastic. I'm still trying to work out the logistics of getting there having won an entry last minute!
  • roubaixmb
    roubaixmb Posts: 182
    sherer wrote:
    Might stash the car at the end instead as that's far further from where we staying

Can anyone with local knowledge suggest a good place to do this?
  • n1ckster
    n1ckster Posts: 158
    I can imagine the finish area and surrounding will be a nightmare with closed roads and all sorts of parking restrictions.

We are cycling from the finish back to Annecy; pretty much all downhill.
  • twotoebenny
    n1ckster wrote:
    I can imagine the finish area and surrounding will be a nightmare with closed roads and all sorts of parking restrictions.

Apart from the uphill bits
  • n1ckster
    n1ckster wrote:

Apart from the uphill bits

:D I’m not sure you need worry too much about those c.300m of uphill on the generally downhill descent back to Annecy after over 4000m in the previous 100 miles.

Each to their own......
  • twotoebenny
    I got a bad cramp on the way back from the colombiere a few years ago, was just being facetious. My memory is maybe a bit jaded but I don't think it's as straightforward a ride bike as many seem to think.
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,803
    I got a bad cramp on the way back from the colombiere a few years ago, was just being facetious. My memory is maybe a bit jaded but I don't think it's as straightforward a ride bike as many seem to think.

It pretty much is. You just need to get back up to Saint Jean du Sixt which is a short gentle gradient out of Grand Bo, then it's a cruise on the D909.
  • twotoebenny
    Got more cramp today at the feed station after that effing Glieres climb. Put my bike in van and sat about for a couple of hours, once I was fed up I got my back back and made it round very gently. Some day in the saddle. Fortunately I didn't have to cycle back to Annecy.
  • Valedoc44
    Valedoc44 Posts: 51
    Fab day. Brilliant organisation. Didn’t beat Frank Schleck but fairly near, 240 mins or so behind. Roll on watching Le Tour doing this stage on 17 Jul. 34:32 too high for me.
  • n1ckster
    Really good event, great weather and that scenery!!

Just over 210km for the day, a couple beers and a pizza to boot.

N