Health screening,BMI, arthritis in thumb, getting old.....

2»

Comments

• Don't discount the cortisone injections. I was diagnosed with arthritis in my shoulder (lifelong swimmer) and after 3 injections over a 12 month period I've been pain free and able to train hard again for well over a year since the last injection.
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    I've had good result with acupuncture and electro acupucture which I also class as snake oil and was very skeptical about it.

My only counter evidence, is that you are laying still for about 30 mins and most people feel better after a lay down.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Webboo wrote:
    You could try rubbing WD 40 on it as well, as that was doing the rounds on various building sites as a cure for joint pain. :roll:

I managed to throw white spirit all over myself last night; does that count? I still have a stiff neck this morning...

Which I'm blaming squarely on the fact I've still not got round to making myself the copper bracelet.

Acupuncture, with or without electricity, I can imagine having an effect on some types of pain
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    keef66 wrote:
    Webboo wrote:
    You could try rubbing WD 40 on it as well, as that was doing the rounds on various building sites as a cure for joint pain. :roll:

I managed to throw white spirit all over myself last night; does that count? I still have a stiff neck this morning...
    Only works if you ignite it.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Webboo wrote:
    keef66 wrote:
    Webboo wrote:

Only works if you ignite it.

I managed to strip off and throw my clothes in the washing machine before my wife could find the matches. I'm definitely worth a lot more dead than alive, so I have to remain vigilant!
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    In that case I would start sieving all consumable liquids for ground glass. I would be very cautious of " I've just poured you a drink darling"
  • Quins
    Quins Posts: 239
    Update: had the cortisone in my thumb, took about a week for the pain to go. Bloody marvelous.