You Choose

2»

Comments

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    I run a Rotor crankset on a British Standard, threaded bottom bracket shell.

30mm spindle and a Rotor bottom bracket - looks like Hollowtech/Ultratorque, but with 30mm internal diameter bearings.

It wouldn't cost or take much to make everything work with a 24mm spindle. Just unscrew one BB and fit the other. £20 parts.

Ie. 30mm
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    The R3 uses a push fit BB unfortunately and that's one job I won't to myself. I think you can get adapters though to fit a 24mm in a 30mm.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Cervelo is BBRight so shell is 85mm wide I think, you'll need to make sure to get right adapter
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Asprilla wrote:
    The R3 uses a push fit BB unfortunately and that's one job I won't to myself. I think you can get adapters though to fit a 24mm in a 30mm.

I took mine to the LBS who fitted my rotor 3d 24mm cranks with a rotor BB adapter, its not missed a beat since

mind you its not done more than 500 miles in the 5 years i've had it :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • asprilla
    I've ordered a threaded pf30 bb from Wheels Manufacturing so I can put it together myself and I'll just get a 30mm crank.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • Asprilla wrote:
    I've ordered a threaded pf30 bb from Wheels Manufacturing so I can put it together myself and I'll just get a 30mm crank.

Are you sure that will be long enough? I had the same and it didn't fit my cannondale synapse which is BB30a and not as wide as BBRight
  • asprilla
    Asprilla wrote:

Are you sure that will be long enough? I had the same and it didn't fit my cannondale synapse which is BB30a and not as wide as BBRight

I've ordered this one:

http://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-brackets/pf ... black.html

Says it should fit.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    I'd have thought that the logical options would be mechanical and rim or electronic and disc. The former for best, the latter for second best (ie a bike that gets dirty).
    Faster than a tent.......
  • asprilla
    Rolf F wrote:
    I'd have thought that the logical options would be mechanical and rim or electronic and disc. The former for best, the latter for second best (ie a bike that gets dirty).

They weren't options because this was about selecting a frame for group sets I already own.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Don't know the answer to the question but anyone who opens a post or worse the whole thread with the word So, really ought to be pushed under the nearest bus.

Carry on everyone.

:)
  • asprilla
    Sorry.

I write how I speak. I do it all the time.

Anyway, it's all a bit pointless now as I've bought the frame, and everything else needed to build it.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3