Help me buy a TV please

13»

Comments

• Rob, I got the curved version of the Samsung...awesome TV...and I agree re the standby... the Vuelta mountains looked epic!!!
  • shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    Rob, I got the curved version of the Samsung...awesome TV...and I agree re the standby... the Vuelta mountains looked epic!!!
    I have the curved Samsung and whilst it's a great picture I don't find it adds anything to the viewing experience.
  • Had two Samsung and in 5yrs both have failed so have now got an LG. If you keep unplugging it the TV is not happy with the power surge I've been told, on mine in the settings you can turn the standby light off!
    Walls are dry-lined in my house so I've fished 2 hdmi cables and the power lead up to the back of the television to a single socket and fitted a socket cover with black brushes on it. No cables hanging down ........ proper job!!!
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,447
    Had two Samsung and in 5yrs both have failed so have now got an LG. If you keep unplugging it the TV is not happy with the power surge I've been told, on mine in the settings you can turn the standby light off!
    Walls are dry-lined in my house so I've fished 2 hdmi cables and the power lead up to the back of the television to a single socket and fitted a socket cover with black brushes on it. No cables hanging down ........ proper job!!!

Had my Samsung 7 years without a hitch, it is a plasma and not a smart anything though. I'll only change to a 60"+ OLED when they drop in price a bit.