AVOID WIGGLE - SHORT TERM - REPEAT CHARGES

paulmon
paulmon Posts: 315
edited September 2017 in Road buying advice
Heads up for Wiggle users. They appear to have a very serious issue with their new stock/ordering platform which they are for now powerless to resolve. I am currently stuck in an infinite purchasing loop for some Santini mitts that show as "In Stock" on their system but they are not available in the warehouse. So far I have been charged 6 times £24+£4 next day delivery.

Each time I get charged the item is marked out of stock and put on backorder. The ordering system then says the item is in stock and charges me. Rinse and repeat until they either fix it or I run out of money. This is not an isolated incident as I had the same thing happen earlier in the week with another item but their support staff managed to resolve it before I was charged again. I suspect they are now overwhelmed with issues that they cant resolve so things are being filed in the "to do" list.

I'm going to contact my credit card company to put a block on charges to Wiggle but I dread to think what would have happened if this had been a set of wheels.

Comments

• fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    cheers for the heads up ...... have my finger poised over a dropper post, a long handle bar, a bull horn bar, some brakes and a saddle

don't really fancy paying for 6 droppers !
  • paulmon
    fat daddy wrote:
    cheers for the heads up ...... have my finger poised over a dropper post, a long handle bar, a bull horn bar, some brakes and a saddle

don't really fancy paying for 6 droppers !

Should add that I have received items that are actually in-stock without any problems but its impossible to differentiate between actual in-stock items and virtual in-stock items.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    PaulMon wrote:
    I'm going to contact my credit card company to put a block on charges to Wiggle but I dread to think what would have happened if this had been a set of wheels.

I think I'll hold off on buying those Meilensteins for a couple of days....
  • chippyk
    chippyk Posts: 529
    Had no bother with them, even got the pack of Haribo. All is well with the world.
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    I've just placed an order for some stuff, so we will see how it gets on.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    I placed an order this morning and have already received notice that its been packed and ready for dispatch.

Will keep an eye on my card balance though just incase ...
  • DO SOMETHING!
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,969
    Have any children been harmed?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • indyp
    indyp Posts: 735
    This is happening to me. bought 2 lots of bibs few days ago in two sizes to try on and have already been charged more than twice. Unfortunately can't phone the buggers either so have to wait for email respone.
  • I've just paid by paypal. But I always use the pay in 14 days option. Let's see what occurs.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • Having problems too. Ordered tyres last week which were showing as in stock but received an email a couple of days later saying they weren't but their supplier had them and they would be processed asap. Just checked today and they've now cancelled my order (yesterday) but not refunded my 50 odd quid! Not good enough, especially when needing things reasonably quickly.

Annoyingly I could have bought different tyres on a deal elsewhere but they're no longer available (at the discounted price).
    Scott Foil RC
    Scott Addict RC
    Trek Emonda
  • paulmon
    Finally got a response from them today.

Thanks for getting in touch, sorry for the issues you've experienced with your order 5406605380.

Due to the teething problems we've experienced with our system upgrade the item has been placed on what we call a 'back order'. This is when we cannot fulfil an item, we put it to one side in the system so the rest of the order can be dispatched. As we are having these system issues at the moment you have more back orders than normal and each time the back orders are created, a new refund & charge is made for that order.

Our IT team have cancelled all your back orders so all of the refunds have now gone through. Please note that this can take around 2 – 5 working days to appear in your account and will show on your bank statement within the next few days (depending on your bank's processing speed).
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Ordered a saddle on Saturday due for delivery tomorrow. My order has been at the being processed stage till these evening and now it's suddenly cancelled.
    They still took the money out of my account.
  • ryan_w-2
    ryan_w-2 Posts: 1,162
    Ordered some Sealskinz socks today and they've already been packed for dispatch...
    Specialized Allez Sprint Disc --- Specialized S-Works SL7

IG: RhinosWorkshop
  • Imposter wrote:
    PaulMon wrote:

I think I'll hold off on buying those Meilensteins for a couple of days....
    :shock:

Yes and don't order that C60 with EPS Super Record .....!
  • Yes and don't order that C60 with EPS Super Record .....!

Unless you want six of them, of course...... :lol:
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,128
    i blame wiggle
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,969
    What an inventive way of increasing turnover.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    PBlakeney wrote:
    What an inventive way of increasing turnover.

why do it in September though ..... surely year end would be better as you realise you are not reaching target and need to balance the books
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Webboo wrote:
    Ordered a saddle on Saturday due for delivery tomorrow. My order has been at the being processed stage till these evening and now it's suddenly cancelled.
    I'm having a similar thing with CRC, and know they are now sharing stock/deliveryarrangements post-merger. Ordered a Perfetto top due for delivery today, but post office email states "your delivery from WIGGLE". Ordered some other items from CRC a day or two earlier, and they are still shown as being at the processing stage. Hope these Wiggle system problems don't also involve CRC now as well :roll:

Ordered a few things from CRC over the past month or so, where the order seemed to have been fulfilled by Wiggle instead.
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • webboo
    edited September 2017
    PaulMon wrote:
    Finally got a response from them today.

Thanks for getting in touch, sorry for the issues you've experienced with your order 5406605380.

Due to the teething problems we've experienced with our system upgrade the item has been placed on what we call a 'back order'. This is when we cannot fulfil an item, we put it to one side in the system so the rest of the order can be dispatched. As we are having these system issues at the moment you have more back orders than normal and each time the back orders are created, a new refund & charge is made for that order.

Our IT team have cancelled all your back orders so all of the refunds have now gone through. Please note that this can take around 2 – 5 working days to appear in your account and will show on your bank statement within the next few days (depending on your bank's processing speed).
    When I contacted wiggle this is what I got as reply, if they didn't have it in stock when ordered. How come it took them 5 days to let me know.
  • webboo
    Luv2ride wrote:
    Webboo wrote:
    I'm having a similar thing with CRC, and know they are now sharing stock/deliveryarrangements post-merger. Ordered a Perfetto top due for delivery today, but post office email states "your delivery from WIGGLE". Ordered some other items from CRC a day or two earlier, and they are still shown as being at the processing stage. Hope these Wiggle system problems don't also involve CRC now as well :roll:

Ordered a few things from CRC over the past month or so, where the order seemed to have been fulfilled by Wiggle instead.
    I tried to order the same saddle from CRC this morning but it wouldn't accept payment.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Luv2ride wrote:
    Webboo wrote:

Wiggle and CRC merged hence that, the upgrade is basically them moving to a new shared ordering platform, though unfortunately it appears to be the one that Tredz use which means everything is in stock, until you get your order confirmation that shows in fact nothing was in stock you now have to wait a few weeks for those items.
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Shame if CRC also impacted as note they now show the Sportful Fiandre No Rain jkt in medium (black/flouro) at only 76.99, extra tenner code as its a clearance item gets it down to 71.99 so an utter bargain (RRP is 175.00). Of course, only a bargain if actually available, but shown in stock on the website....
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Problem this morning with order.

Two different items ordered. Email to me says:
    Unfortunately, we’re currently experiencing a few teething issues as part of a systems upgrade which means that we're not able to fulfil part of your order which has resulted in a back order being created.

To find out which item we’re unable to supply, log into your account by copying and pasting the below link into your browser and then head to the ‘My Orders’ section.

When I look at my orders, the whole order appears as cancelled. So the bit in bold about it being part of the order seems odd, plus, the back ordered part, well it looks cancelled to me, not back ordered.

God knows what's going on really, not that bothered but the one thing I do know is calling them is nigh on impossible.

OH... by the way, I did go on to use their Contact Page to send them a message. I wrote it all out and then pressed the send button and instead of a confirmation page that my message was sent I got a blank page saying "You do not have permission to view this directory or page." SO, their contact page appears broken too. (Makes you feel they might have broken it on purpose to stop the flood of messages).

So, they are at the moment uncontactable by the methods they offer too.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Well my things have arrived the next day, and defo only charged once, BUT no haribo! :(

Reading some of the comments above it does appear there is an issue with their system....i suspect they have switched to one recommended to them by canyon ;)
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    My order from yesterday has been dispatched but is yet to show on my CC bill.

If I have any issues, I'll just walk down to their head office. It's only a 5 min walk away
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    It seems like a lottery. Except one where the prizes are shît.

The items I ordered clearly showed as in stock when I ordered, now if I check they do not.

Personally I won't bother ordering anything again for a good while or until it seems the problems are all reported as gone.

Their emails explaining what's going on don't make sense either.

Oh well, it's not the end of the world. I expect they'll lose a good chunk of business though if it is affecting many orders. They're probably in panic mode. Sounds like a massive problem to sort.
  • harry-s
    harry-s Posts: 295
    Similar issues here.
    Items were shown in stock, and ordered. I then get an e-mail saying they're not in stock and a back order has been created.
    In the meantime, my CC has been deducted the amount three times, so I'm now almost £250 out of pocket.
    It's the beginning of the end....
  • If only there were other retailers.....
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles