tuesday we were someplace around barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,556
edited September 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, wfh, cafe

bars and dinners later
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Morning, a cloudy but miles start to the day, the rest of this week will be spent making tea for the builders, that's if they turn up
  • sungod
    cloudy with a hint of drizzle here

gym done, it's a struggle, suspect its going to take a few weeks to claw myself back to pre-hols level

cafe next
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    Morning folks,
    Decidedly gloomy here, very grey and moist. Had to drive in again as I have a customer coming to visit later. Told him to come in about lunchtime so we can go to the pub. Other than that the usual work avoidance.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    May get to do my Judge Dredd act again today if they actually give me something to do. I'm starting to enjoy the extra time in bed though :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Officing today, popped out briefly to look at trees yesterday but it rained sideways, the hound loved it at least. Debating whether to put my mic on mute and go for a dump whilst we have the 8:30 weekly conference call but it's a risky business...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Work meh, rain and stupid traffic the whole way bar the toll road
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    May get to do my Judge Dredd act again today if they actually give me something to do. I'm starting to enjoy the extra time in bed though :)

You are lucky mate. You are doing your jury service in work's time. I will be doing mine in my own time. :(
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

You are lucky mate. You are doing your jury service in work's time. I will be doing mine in my own time. :(
    Bally, the only way to sort that is take Uncle Norman's advice to get on your bike and look for work :wink:

When are you judging the great unwashed?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    23 October. Was due in June but had it deferred because of holiday.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    Nice title SG but what would be more clever, is that the plagiarism is replaced by original thought. Now don't do it again.

Me mulling around me. I actually slept last night. Going down to the quacks at midday to give him the what for.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, dodged the wet stuff this morning which was a plus, steveo, please hire a judge dredd costume itll make things far more amusing!

Some bodging tonight replacing the battery on a tablet and doing some PC geekery wit ha dremel to chop a bit out a bracket to fit a gigantic CPU cooler because I like silence.

Anyway coffee, lunch with the other half and more work.
  • Stevo_666
    Step83 wrote:
    Morning, dodged the wet stuff this morning which was a plus, steveo, please hire a judge dredd costume itll make things far more amusing!

Some bodging tonight replacing the battery on a tablet and doing some PC geekery wit ha dremel to chop a bit out a bracket to fit a gigantic CPU cooler because I like silence.

Anyway coffee, lunch with the other half and more work.
    I'm on it :)

judge_dredd_halloween_costume_by_arc117-d5jev3o.jpg
  • sungod
    Pinno wrote:
    Nice title SG but what would be more clever, is that the plagiarism is replaced by original thought. Now don't do it again.

Me mulling around me. I actually slept last night. Going down to the quacks at midday to give him the what for.

Laters.

oi, it's quoting not plagiarism, i'm not that creative early in the morning

off for third cafe break, this work stuff really eats into the day
  • Stevo_666
    sungod wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Laters.

oi, it's quoting not plagiarism, i'm not that creative early in the morning

off for third cafe break, this work stuff really eats into the day
    SG, are you one of these freelance types or just senior enough to abuse your position?

(You do not have to say anything but anything you do say may be used in evidence against you when we call you a skiving git :wink: )
  • Just got back from boring stuff, so going to have some food, do some weights and take Das Hunt for a walk. Then domestic stuff.

Rock 'n' roll baby, rock 'n' roll.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    SG, are you one of these freelance types or just senior enough to abuse your position?

(You do not have to say anything but anything you do say may be used in evidence against you when we call you a skiving git :wink: )

well, rather senior, what counts is innovating, taking risks, delivering, blah blah blah, it could all go horribly wrong at any moment, but with the stress comes flexibility, so i make the most of it :D
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Doing my annual day of school runs as Mini H3 is back at school today. Slipped a 70k ride in, albeit repetitive circles. Now mopping the floors as our cleaner appears to have vanished after her summer sojourn to Poland.
  • pinno
    You have a cleaner?! Send her around to VN's. He needs a little help in that department and that will keep him sweet for bike jobs.

Oh and she'll need a skip.
  • sungod
    a cleaner? mrs mop or cute?
  • hopkinb
    She's worked for us for 9 years. Approx 30 yrs old. Trim. Very Slavic features if that's your thing. But she buggered off to Poland mid July as per usual. She's normally back around now, but is not answering messages.
    Best thing we spend money on, seeing as we both work FT. House is spotless once a week at least. Well, it was. It looks like a bombsite now.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    She's worked for us for 9 years. Approx 30 yrs old. Trim. Very Slavic features if that's your thing. But she buggered off to Poland mid July as per usual. She's normally back around now, but is not answering messages.
    Best thing we spend money on, seeing as we both work FT. House is spotless once a week at least. Well, it was. It looks like a bombsite now.
    I blame Brexit.

But if she does come back, we need pics after the au pair disappointment.
  • hopkinb
    She cleans on a Tuesday from 11 til 3. I see her maybe twice a year. Pics are v unlikely unless I set a camera trap. Like you say, she might not come back because of Brexit.
  • Cleaners rock - best £40 a week I spend.

Even if it means selling a child I'd never give up the cleaner although she is fugly.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    ...although she is fugly.

You're just saying that.
  • veronese68
    We already have a cleaner, unfortunately she just cleans the cr@p and doesn't sort it out. But at least we have clean cr@p. An untidy house doesn't bother me in the slightest, it's lived in and homely.
  • Soloist is dead. Let us spare a moments thought to her and the good times we had.

Right, done that. Long live the Madone 5.5SL. Total cost so far: £6 for a mint 5.5SL. Rocking it.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Soloist is dead. Let us spare a moments thought to her and the good times we had.

Right, done that. Long live the Madone 5.5SL. Total cost so far: £6 for a mint 5.5SL. Rocking it.

I'll give you £30 for it. That's FIVE times what you paid.
  • Not much to report from up hither.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    Not much to report from up hither.
    Recovered from the weekend then?
  • hopkinb wrote:
    Soloist is dead. Let us spare a moments thought to her and the good times we had.

I'll give you £30 for it. That's FIVE times what you paid.

almost tempted. if I hadn't have been sitting at the bus stop waiting for bambina for the past 30 mins it would have been yours....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.