Lymington

2»

Comments

• Aye, fair enough. And sometimes holiday homes become more permanent. One more consideration for MF: Lymington way is nearer to both Soton and Bournemouth airports, which may help him get away to sunnier climes, and, more importantly, get visitors in. The New Forest is a big draw for tourists, in particular the Dutch and Germans.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    We were married (TDV and I, not Ex Mrs H3 or H3, unless TDV was secretly married to H3 before me) in Citta di Castello, about 10k from Arezzo.

It's a lovely part of the world.

I shall sup my vino Bianchi to you H3. Chin chin as they say by the flag pole.

We stayed in the hills above Castiglion Fiorentina to the South of Arezzo. We visited Citta di Castello. A lovely town.

I salute you with a much resented cup of Jasmine tea.
  • I have never been to Italy. I don't get out much...
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Note it's not me that lives on the IoW, just my friend. I was just slightly jealous of the 4 storey house with a 300 ft garden overlooking wooded hills 2 miles from the coast and 5 from the ferry port that was about £200k. Obvs it's full of inbreds and the public services ain't great, but sometimes a view and a few beers addles your brain. I sometimes even think of going back to Coventry.
  • hopkinb wrote:
    Note it's not me that lives on the IoW, just my friend. I was just slightly jealous of the 4 storey house with a 300 ft garden overlooking wooded hills 2 miles from the coast and 5 from the ferry port that was about £200k. Obvs it's full of inbreds and the public services ain't great, but sometimes a view and a few beers addles your brain. I sometimes even think of going back to Coventry.

It's rubbish for hooning round on blue lights as well.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Aye, fair enough. And sometimes holiday homes become more permanent. One more consideration for MF: Lymington way is nearer to both Soton and Bournemouth airports, which may help him get away to sunnier climes, and, more importantly, get visitors in. The New Forest is a big draw for tourists, in particular the Dutch and Germans.

Exactly BBG - get bored on a Friday, jump on a Scuzzyjet on the Saturday bargain bucket somewhere warm for a weekend. Have access to cribs in Madrid and Italia, so airport access is a must.

Lymington does seem to be be beckoning.

Have I talked myself into this?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.