friday night of the psychotic woodsmen

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,554
edited September 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

off home today, sigh, quick check-in, scoff tapas and get semi-squiffy in lounge away from the crowds, quick boarding, check fizz has been put on ice, get fully squiffy on plane, probably nod off

met office forecasting 20c high for saturday in london, ffs it's another ice age!

adios scorchio, hasta la tabby
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Is now a good time to go away on holiday? Are the school holidays over?

Asking for a friend
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    Working locally but not cycling again :(

Out later with the current wife as we make the most of the au pair's last few days.
  • Morning, nice start to the day well sunshine at least, a trip to the garden centre today, with the trailer hitched up so it involves more work for me over the weekend , a wooden gazebo of all things, what next me and my big mouth
  • sungod
    Is now a good time to go away on holiday? Are the school holidays over?

Asking for a friend

it' always a good time to go on holiday

weather get's iffier now though
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,524
    Up early to do some work before headed off to sunny Croydon to dish out justice. I am the law...

Cider tonight with a mate locally so no need to trek up into the Big Smoke.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • After yesterday's 550-mile van trip, today is moving-in day.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Oooo, cider. Good idea.
  • Stevo_666
    Garry H wrote:
    Oooo, cider. Good idea.
    Hopefully they've got some decent stuff rather than the draft pisswater they usually serve up in pubs.

So far I've got you and Hoppy hooked on the stuff :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Garry H
    No more than two bottles for me though. Enough is as good as a feast, as they say.
  • Still raining with foul weather warnings getting punted out.

This is now ridiculous.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Oooo, cider. Good idea.
    Hopefully they've got some decent stuff rather than the draft pisswater they usually serve up in pubs.

Beer festival in the village on Saturday is organised by a pal and fellow cider fan, so plenty of decent cider has been ordered :)
  • Stevo_666
    Garry H wrote:
    No more than two bottles for me though. Enough is as good as a feast, as they say.
    Intravenous?

2 bottles of that stuff is like having 4 pints of normal booze.
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Oooo, cider. Good idea.

Beer festival in the village on Saturday is organised by a pal and fellow cider fan, so plenty of decent cider has been ordered :)
    That sounds dangerous :)
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Oooo, cider. Good idea.

Making the most of it as I then have a dry two weeks!
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Oooo, cider. Good idea.

You should watch the 'cold turkey' scene out of Train Spotting before you do that. In the meantime I'll keep on pushing the gear to our new users, Gaz and Hoppy.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Oooo, cider. Good idea.

Me too, meant to be from today, but I didn't twig that 1st September was a Friday. :roll: A nice bottle of red (minus a glass for Mrs H3(2) to see me into a fortnight of abstaining. Maybe with a bottle of that Westons stuff as an aperitif, but I must remember to eat something with it, seeing as it's basically socially acceptable tramp fuel at 8.2%.

Chilly this morning.
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Oooo, cider. Good idea.

You should watch the 'cold turkey' scene out of Train Spotting before you do that. In the meantime I'll keep on pushing the gear to our new users, Gaz and Hoppy.

:)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,326
    Just watched a guy trying to cross 4 lanes of the A312 and a service road. He nearly fell trying to negotiate the drop from the low kerb to the service road. He then stumbled sideways more than he walked forwards crossing the first 2 lanes. He then clung on to a lamp post in the central reservation for support before falling across the last 2 lanes. He then disappeared into the bushes at side of our industrial estate to relieve himself. The locals of Hanworth are of a very high calibre. I think cloudy cider wasn't strong enough for him, meths seems more likely.
    Not much going on here. Cafe for lunch and pub with the Mrs later. I'm not giving up the booze, had a crate of beer delivered yesterday.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    Meh.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Garry H
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Just watched a guy trying to cross 4 lanes of the A312 and a service road. He nearly fell trying to negotiate the drop from the low kerb to the service road. He then stumbled sideways more than he walked forwards crossing the first 2 lanes. He then clung on to a lamp post in the central reservation for support before falling across the last 2 lanes. He then disappeared into the bushes at side of our industrial estate to relieve himself. The locals of Hanworth are of a very high calibre. I think cloudy cider wasn't strong enough for him, meths seems more likely.
    Not much going on here. Cafe for lunch and pub with the Mrs later. I'm not giving up the booze, had a crate of beer delivered yesterday.

Can TLW account for his whereabouts?
  • sungod
    snug in the little lounge at arecife, looks like i bagged a table to myself just in time, raised voices at the door as they've started bouncing new people trying to get in

they have large numbers of mini cava in the chiller, first time they had that since the lounge moved, a welcome return :D

tucking in to the tapas and fizz, i may achieve squiffy earlier than anticipated

the sun is well over the volcano, so, chin-chin!
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Up in Perth today, sunny but no cycling for me. The constant niggling white cold pain in my shoulder blade got significantly worse after bunnyhopping a pothole last night and now I struggle to hold the bars. Felt like I'd been knifed. I'll try and give it a rest but I can't see it going away as it's been so persistent but bearable for years
  • sungod
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Up early to do some work before headed off to sunny Croydon to dish out justice. I am the law...

hanging's too good for them, nail 'em up!
  • Garry H
    then hang them.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,326
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I am the law...
    That's how to get out of jury service, turn up in a full Judge Dredd outfit. You could knock one up Blue Peter style like this:
    judge_dredd_halloween_costume_by_arc117-d5jev3o.jpg
  • We Came. We Saw. We Concreted.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Garry H wrote:
    then hang them.
    Hung, drawn and quartered is the traditional way.
  • Garry H
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    then hang them.
    Hung, drawn and quartered is the traditional way.

Too good for them.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I am the law...
    That's how to get out of jury service, turn up in a full Judge Dredd outfit. You could knock one up Blue Peter style like this:
    judge_dredd_halloween_costume_by_arc117-d5jev3o.jpg
    I'm considering it. Finished the trial, gave the verdict, filed out then get told we have to be back Monday for another one! Some other f***er can be the foreman next time.

At least it's a half day today.