tuesday wallowing in the spin foam of spacetime

13»

Comments

• Turns out Nellie the Elephant is a better ear worm than Six Little Ducks.

Don't know if that's a win or not.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Ooh, forgot to say my Ale Verona jersey in fat bastard arrived. It's a snug fit, maybe I should have gone double fat.
    Quite impressed with the girl child just now. Has a friend over and they are talking about music, then they rush off to use the computer so she can educate her friend. Started with the Toy Dolls version of Nelly the Elephant. Now watching misheard song lyrics.

Mine was dancing to Portishead earlier and her ring tone is Blondie's "Atomic".

She's 11 and has impeccable music taste. Must take after me.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Ooh, forgot to say my Ale Verona jersey in fat bastard arrived. It's a snug fit, maybe I should have gone double fat.
    Quite impressed with the girl child just now. Has a friend over and they are talking about music, then they rush off to use the computer so she can educate her friend. Started with the Toy Dolls version of Nelly the Elephant. Now watching misheard song lyrics.

Ha great song V68,might be time for A Trip To Trumpton next
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,344
    hopkinb wrote:
    I NEED a 120mm stem. Taken out that last spacer again. I have a whole eyeful of front hub. Heads off happily to websites cos I also needs Halo for sweaty kit, also inner tubes after my rear tyre exploded on the way home. Luckily my multitool has bits that deal with my valve extenders, because I forgot to put the little black plastic thing in my saddle bag.

I think have one but it's old school: 1 and 1 eighth steerer, 26.4mm clamp. Which is about the same but I could never work out why they described it like that. If you still want it...

I only accept used notes in a brown envelope.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    I NEED a 120mm stem. Taken out that last spacer again. I have a whole eyeful of front hub. Heads off happily to websites cos I also needs Halo for sweaty kit, also inner tubes after my rear tyre exploded on the way home. Luckily my multitool has bits that deal with my valve extenders, because I forgot to put the little black plastic thing in my saddle bag.

I think have one but it's old school: 1 and 1 eighth steerer, 26.4mm clamp. Which is about the same but I could never work out why they described it like that. If you still want it...

I have a used one pound note and an off white envelope? Do you have Halo and cheap inner tubes too?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,344
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

I have a used one pound note and an off white envelope? Do you have Halo and cheap inner tubes too?

Are you interested in the bloody stem?!??! Did that sound really ratty?
    What's a 'Halo' ffs ? and no, I only have new latex Vittoria inner tubes. I do have a pair of Michelin Pro 3 tyres in good nick, 25mm.
    I can do bundles.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    BUNNNNDDDDLLLLEEEE,remember that? that was sort of fun at school.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

If you need cheap inner tubes I've been using the road versions of these - work as good as anything else but dirt cheap.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/id/e ... prod155229
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Ha. No Pinno. Halo is washing liquid for nassty cycling kit. I'll get a cheap stem off the internet. Massive cut in my tyre ce soir. I must have hit something very sharp.
  • hopkinb

Yep. Or scraaaamble.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,497
    sungod wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    SG you might like this if you haven't seen it already.
    http://htwins.net/scale2/

think i did, or similar, the planck length is where it gets foamy and stops, assuming current theory is correct, odd thing is the smallest may be further out of our reach than the very large

every now and then someone sends me a stupidly large email, and i respond with...

large.jpg

...see mf, that's the way to do it
    Either that or it becomes out of reach of our tiny minds. The stuff at the extremes of the scales are weird.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    SG you might like this if you haven't seen it already.
    http://htwins.net/scale2/

think i did, or similar, the planck length is where it gets foamy and stops, assuming current theory is correct, odd thing is the smallest may be further out of our reach than the very large

every now and then someone sends me a stupidly large email, and i respond with...

large.jpg

...see mf, that's the way to do it
    Either that or it becomes out of reach of our tiny minds. The stuff at the extremes of the scales are weird.

Even getting close to the extremes is beyond our tiny minds. In fact most of what we perceive is beyond our minds, and we seek to impose a narrative that isn't there.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,497
    hopkinb wrote:
    Even getting close to the extremes is beyond our tiny minds. In fact most of what we perceive is beyond our minds, and we seek to impose a narrative that isn't there.
    True.

That's a bit how I felt today trying to read the draft of our global TP master file written by some people whose first language isn't English...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,407
    I remember that, I thought you were older :lol:

It was always safer to be the one at the bottom of the bundle, protected from elbows and kicks by a layer of sweaty teenagers.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי