GCN fatigue

124»

Comments

• I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles

• I've actually been thinking Gaimon should take his worst retirement ever series up a notch. Make each episode a shorter interview (15min), a KOM challenge, and some other fun stuff thrown in. The podcasts are interesting, but a bit long for me usually.

The guy is dull as dishwater
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • bungle73
    bungle73 Posts: 758
    Seems Matt is leaving :(
  • pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    Bungle73 wrote:
    Seems Matt is leaving :(

I think your update is being requested here https://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13089571&start=200. Just in case you’d forgotten... :wink:

PP
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    I'll miss Matt, he always gets me laughing.
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    He blasted past me around Richmond Park once.........

Kenny Van Vlaminck, top euro DS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP_fOxLh1MA
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,592
    Matt is top drawer, very sad to see him go.
    Do like his commentary though.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380

I've actually been thinking Gaimon should take his worst retirement ever series up a notch. Make each episode a shorter interview (15min), a KOM challenge, and some other fun stuff thrown in. The podcasts are interesting, but a bit long for me usually.

The guy is dull as dishwater

As SS said. Dull as. Watched a few of them but they aren't exactly, errr, gripping.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • twist83
    twist83 Posts: 761
    Shame Matt is going. His laugh and inability to clip in was always a smile raiser.

He brought a great dynamic. However saw it coming what with his commentating duties and I suspect it pays a lot better.
  • bungle73
    bungle73 Posts: 758
    So, does anyone know if Oliver Bridgewood already knew Si before he joined GCN? From the way they interact in the videos it certainly seems like it. Ex pro cyclist and a a guy who used to work for a bike magazine, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility.
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    Nice that there's a few fresh faces. Emma Pooley is really clunky infront of a camera but quite endearing.

Still far too much 'content for contents sake'. But I guess that's what pays the bills.
  • Bumo_b
    Bumo_b Posts: 211
    Have to say I quite like Emma as well, was surprised as thought I wouldn't. Think Matt going is a loss and was hoping he would bring an "Its a knockout" type of jovial approach with his laugh to Eurosport. Sadly not so much.
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,467
    Emma's great but Si is increasingly really annoying me, as is the growing commercial slant which he always seems to be at the forefront of (discs, fat tyres, 1x etc). To be fair though the recent discs vs. rim piece was quite well-balanced.
  • I found Matt Stevens to be a bit of an annoying tw*t to be honest, the endless prat falls and laughter wore a bit thin towards the end. Pooley is good, and I find Simon has a good sense of humour. I have a mate who I ride with who could be the twin brother of Dan Lloyd which is a bit disconcerting at times!
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    So all the presenters are disliked by at least one of us. At least we are keeping it balanced :lol:
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    I saw the video of all the presenters 'racing' up a mountain. They need to be careful about their growth otherwise they'll start attracting the attention of the diversity brigade. A high male:female ratio*, all white, all able bodied.

*sorry, sorry. I forgot that gender is now a social construct. For all I know, half the blokes could be identifying as women.
  • louman999
    louman999 Posts: 90
    Problem with GCN i think is that they need more views than they are getting. More views = more money. So to make up for the lack of views they are uploading sponsored video after sponsored video. I personally stoped watching them ages ago Matt was the only presenter I liked he seemed down to earth shame he left. As for the other guys found them acting a bit obnoxious about their bikes that they don’t actually own.
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,907
    Louman999 wrote:
    Problem with GCN i think is that they need more views than they are getting. More views = more money. So to make up for the lack of views they are uploading sponsored video after sponsored video. I personally stoped watching them ages ago Matt was the only presenter I liked he seemed down to earth shame he left. As for the other guys found them acting a bit obnoxious about their bikes that they don’t actually own.

To be fair though, there must be a lot of money to be made in those, judging purely from the amount of over priced stuff you see MAMILs going about with. I mean the Kickr Climb so you can 'simulate being on a mountain' by raising your front wheel when sat in your garage. Yours for just £500 :lol: I know we tend to stand out in lycra anyway, but bike brands really do see some people coming.