tuesday and all the poetry books start to burn in their crates

13»

Comments

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I reckon this needs a Stevo vs H3 bike off (with added norks) so we can decide.
    Who's bringing the norks? We could ride to the Nag's Head on Whitechapel road. There's norks there for sure.
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Huzzah! Huzzah! H3 is da best and he has the coolest road bike ever (apart from Dirk).
    FTFY.
    It's a cyclocross bike really. Enormous tyre and mud clearances and a slack head angle. I like it though. It makes me smile when i press on or lean over into a corner and that's what a bike should make you do. :D
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    I bought 'em. I'm gonna be so fast. Except for the proper fast guys, I'm gonna be the fastest.
    Hoppy, if I see you on my commute into work I'm going to try extra hard to pass you on my hybrid :twisted:

One or both of us will be lost Stevo! :lol:
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Huzzah! Huzzah! H3 is da best and he has the coolest road bike ever (apart from Dirk).
    FTFY.
    It's a cyclocross bike really. Enormous tyre and mud clearances and a slack head angle. I like it though. It makes me smile when i press on or lean over into a corner and that's what a bike should make you do. :D

Any pics of norks?

And the bike as well.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Wait til sexy wheels arrive. I'll prop up a copy of Razzle on the top tube too.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    I missed this party too.

Lucy has been double blinged. Still having paint matching problems.

I'm knackered. Speshly considering the length of Tuesday thread.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Garry H wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Disclaimer:
    Anyone riding wheels built by me must be as stupid as I am and they are entirely responsible for any mishaps or dying to death that may occur due to my incompetence and/or negligence.
    This also applies to bikes fettled by me.

if i send you some steel pipe type thinngs, will you build me a bike?
    Not sure about gluing pipes together. I think I'd need help from MF as he has a hammer and fire.
    hopkinb wrote:
    I bought 'em. I'm gonna be so fast. Except for the proper fast guys, I'm gonna be the fastest.
    Marvellous. Saves me from screwing up some expensive plastic.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    hopkinb wrote:
    I've already got sexy wheels.

WH240A00.jpg

And I'll raise you a copy of Club International.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    I WANT .. no, no .. I NEEEEED those wheels
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

WH240A00.jpg

Donald Trump couldn't out stare those babies......... blingtastic. Top work.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:

Sorted - we await piccies.

Years ago I did my knee in (again) and had it reconstructed so I spent 3 months on crutches.

Desperately needing a Yorkie one day I went round to the local newsagent to buy one. Crutching over to the chocolate area, I didn't see the granny behind me. As I stood there looking at the chocolate (obviously standing up and I couldn't squat/kneel down) I heard her tut and call me disgusting.

I then looked to eye level to see myself confronted with the world's supply of 40 year old, 50 year old and granny related filth.

Needless to say I grabbed the first chocco bar (turned out to be something rubbish like a Twix or a knock off coconut Boost bar or something) and hobbled to the counter, where they burd there even shook her head at me.

Didn't really feel like asking her a) was there a big clientele for that genre of grot and b) why was it by the chocolate bar stand.................

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    edited August 2017
    fat daddy wrote:
    I WANT .. no, no .. I NEEEEED those wheels
    They might be a wee bit on the chunky side for road use, like about 2kg a pair and 23mm internal rim width :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

WH240A00.jpg

Donald Trump couldn't out stare those babies......... blingtastic. Top work.
    Mavics finest I'll have you know...tubeless as well.
  • Matthewfalle
    What could is the rest of the bike? Lumo orange would rock.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Mavic: Was a road wheel, rim and component manufacturer looooooong before the off road scene and don't you forget that.

I suppose those things go on your Lah-de-dah La Pierre :roll:
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Mavic: Was a road wheel, rim and component manufacturer looooooong before the off road scene and don't you forget that.

I suppose those things go on your Lah-de-dah La Pierre :roll:
    Good to see they've moved up in the world then :)
  • Stevo_666
    What could is the rest of the bike? Lumo orange would rock.

s1600_bike_2014_YT_Tues_2.0_Comp.jpg?1399441180

I'd post a real pic but those tw@t's from photobucket want money to upgrade the account to do what it used to do for free.
  • pinno
    That's ^ like a Motocross bike except there's no engine.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    That's ^ like a Motocross bike except there's no engine.
    Pretty much.

The engine is gravity :)
  • Matthewfalle
    Tres cool but I suppose no point having a carbon bottle cage on it to save some weight then?

What's it go like Mister?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Tres cool but I suppose no point having a carbon bottle cage on it to save some weight then?

What's it go like Mister?
    It weighs about 18 kg so it's a bit like suggesting to Giant Haystack that he goes on a diet :)

Downhill it mullahs everything in its path. On the flat it's shyte, like wading thrpugb treacle. Don't even think about pedalling uphill on it.