Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

sunday remember gentlemen, it’s not just france we are fighting for, it’s champagne!

sungodsungod Posts: 12,207
edited August 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

decided against long long long ride, got too windy for the high roads today, but there shall be cafes

have a lovely day

scorchio
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Posts

  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,067
    Much fun was had yesterday with enough ale to kill a normal liver :)

    Today is another pig based breakfast and then collect the car from the beach, followed by erm driving to the beach

    Later is making the most of the au pair and going into town to see some singer with the current wife
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,455
    tlw1 wrote:
    Much fun was had yesterday with enough ale to kill a normal liver :)

    Today is another pig based breakfast and then collect the car from the beach, followed by erm driving to the beach

    Later is making the most of the au pair and going into town to see some singer with the current wife

    Making the most of the au pair eh? :wink: :shock: I know what you mean, but that could easily be misinterpreted, and mean the current wife changing status to ex.
  • WheelspinnerWheelspinner Posts: 4,648
    More reno work. Bits of timber. Nail guns, galvanised coach screws, laser level. Nearly ready for steel framing guys.

    Day off tomorrow at least.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,221
    Nail guns

    Heathen! and you have more than one?!

    Shorty puked in the night - must have picked up the bug that Tricky had. So t'was a late night clean up operation.

    Say "Get well soon Shorty". 1st day of school tomorrow and i'll be damned if she's going to miss it.

    Vuelta later (no, not SG going around in circles).

    Laters.
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

    "This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
  • sungodsungod Posts: 12,207
    get well soon shorty

    scorchio here, wind has dropped so conserving energy for hoped for long long ride tomorrow, end to end and back, not vuelta-ish though

    may fire up the vpn and see if i can get eurosport to watch it later
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,592
    Popping over to the Gulf of Mexico for some beach time today. Could be quite warm here as well 8)
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 7,334
    Sat by campfire in rainy north wales with young oxoman. Loving it apart from lack of beer
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,221
    You didn't pull SG up for the grammatical errors Stevo. What's the crack there?!
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

    "This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,455
    Went indoor climbing with the kids and cousins. Fark me, that's good exercise.
    Drove back here. Twice had to avoid idiots who had had a minor bump stopped in the right hand lane to inspect the damage. I mean wtaf? Why would you do that?
    Wiped the bike down, took final spacer out from under the stem, cleaned and lubed chain.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,221
    hopkinb wrote:
    ...took final spacer out from under the stem, cleaned and lubed chain.

    Oh well, that's it then - soon you'll be moaning about back problems and posting bollox in 'Training, fitness and health'. :roll:
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

    "This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,455
    I'll stick it back if it hurts Pinno. I am old after all. Quite flexible, what from the twice weekly yoga, but this is just an experiment.
  • team47bteam47b Posts: 6,424
    Currently 40c, not funny.

    Mixed cement by hand and did some rendering, outside :shock:

    Dehydrated, so naturally, drank beer, remembered to inject insulin :D

    Might have a day off tomorrow...
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,592
    pinno wrote:
    You didn't pull SG up for the grammatical errors Stevo. What's the crack there?!
    It wasn't in the caption comp so I couldn't make a caption out of It :)

    Anyhow, back to the Florida sunshine...
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,455
    Oh. La Vuelta has started proper after the TTT. Mrs H2 has just fcuked off upstairs in a huff with a massive box of chocs. Ooh, I've been to Gruissan, had a lovely magret in a beachside bistro, with a couple of carafes of the local rosé.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,455
    Are we bothering with a BB Vuelta thread?
  • Evening. Impromptu trip to 'Glow worm' festival (aka a farmer's market for children) meant no real sleep for anyone today. Tiny terror number 2 is currently singing to herself while her sister cries trying to go to sleep. I might need to feed them whisky. And me. And the wife.
  • TLW 1 is right: hangovers are for women and kids.
    Had some Belgian ales in big bottles, now some Portugeuse red which is quite horrid. Hey ho.
    Still waiting for my summer to start - Mrs BBGeek has has an awful wound to her lower leg. It may scar her rather lovely pins - and no there will be no pics you perverts. I will of course continue to supply the correct fluids :roll:
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • step83step83 Posts: 3,668
    Evening, some what pooped did a charity sportive and decided to attack every climb, 108K later my legs now just don't work. Still just over four hours with one feed station raided isn't bad. Whoever decided sausage rolls should be on feed stations deserves a knighthood.
    Anywho, beer an snooze.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,221
    hopkinb wrote:
    Are we bothering with a BB Vuelta thread?

    Go for it.

    Funny what you just said what you said, I have a mate who recommended some stretches that are Yoga based for my back and neck and they're good.
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

    "This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
  • WheelspinnerWheelspinner Posts: 4,648
    pinno wrote:
    Nail guns

    Heathen! and you have more than one?!

    Shorty puked in the night - must have picked up the bug that Tricky had. So t'was a late night clean up operation.

    Say "Get well soon Shorty". 1st day of school tomorrow and i'll be damned if she's going to miss it.

    Vuelta later (no, not SG going around in circles).

    Laters.

    GWSS.

    Nail guns are right up there in the running for Best Tool Ever Invented. Yes I have two, for different purposes, although technically only 1 was in service yesterday.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,067
    hopkinb wrote:
    tlw1 wrote:
    Much fun was had yesterday with enough ale to kill a normal liver :)

    Today is another pig based breakfast and then collect the car from the beach, followed by erm driving to the beach

    Later is making the most of the au pair and going into town to see some singer with the current wife

    Making the most of the au pair eh? :wink: :shock: I know what you mean, but that could easily be misinterpreted, and mean the current wife changing status to ex.

    No way I'm ditching the current wife - the au pair doesn't really drink
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,221
    Compared to you, no one really 'drinks'.
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

    "This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    tlw1 wrote:
    Much fun was had yesterday with enough ale to kill a normal liver :)

    Today is another pig based breakfast and then collect the car from the beach, followed by erm driving to the beach

    Later is making the most of the au pair and going into town to see some singer with the current wife

    Still waiting for au pair pictures .....
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
Sign In or Register to comment.