2»

Comments

• bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    thegibdog wrote:
    solboy10 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Whadya get?
    Well something completely impractical and not at all what I set out to get!

I got a de rosa nuovo frameset not exactly a winter bike!
    It's as much of a winter bike as those you mentioned in your original post...

Except I'll be scared to get it dirty lol
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    What's the point of a winter bike without guards? I've a 8 year old canyon with super record that I ride year round in all weather. Guess what is hasn't melted. A second bike without mudguards just doesn't make sense
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    What's the point of a winter bike without guards? I've a 8 year old canyon with super record that I ride year round in all weather. Guess what is hasn't melted. A second bike without mudguards just doesn't make sense
    In your opinion!

I don't like guards end of.
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    I think the point is that a winter bike without mudguards is just a bike that you happen to ride in the winter.
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    There are steel bikes and steel bikes. Modern 'stainless' alloys are very different to 'cheap as chips' mild steel tubesets.......
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    solboy10 wrote:
    In your opinion!

I don't like guards end of.

I have been a mudguards denier for as long as I remember... but I bought an Audax frame that takes mudguards... and I even bought a set of mudguards, which I will fit at some point in autumn. As I plan to ride 200 km Audax even over the winter, mudguards become a necessity...
    left the forum March 2023
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    Svetty wrote:
    There are steel bikes and steel bikes. Modern 'stainless' alloys are very different to 'cheap as chips' mild steel tubesets.......

Even the cheapest steel used for bicycle tubings is hard steel with very high tensile strength and modulus.
    Stainless is horrendously expensive, bit of a luxury
    left the forum March 2023
  • bontie
    bontie Posts: 177
    solboy10 wrote:
    Mud guards look shite so won't be on my bike ta lol

So does winter kit full of mud and other shite spots...try it, you'll love it