I need Friends! (on strava)

2»

Comments

• fudgey
    fudgey Posts: 854
    Whoa, I didn't now there was a BR strava group. Just joined it as I only have a few followers and need more kudos!
    My winter bike is exactly the same as my summer bike,,, but dirty...
  • Starting to see why you want the people to follow you on Strava to be strangers, If this is how you makes friends. Seeya. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. Plenty offered advice but you don't want to know so why should we?

Out of interest, do YOU follow anyone yourself?

I suppose the alternative would be for you and some of the other forum users to adopt a more welcoming tone and actually be nice to the guy. A lot of the advice given is fine but it's the way it's put across is pretty unkind.
  • He was offered plenty of alternative ways to go about it but he wasn't prepared to listen. He just wanted unsolicited followers as if it were a social media site. He has now proceeded to delete most of his posts in a childish toys out the pram manner. If he genuinely wanted more followers and friends then he went completely the wrong way about it. He just wanted to feed his ego.
  • He was offered plenty of alternative ways to go about it but he wasn't prepared to listen. He just wanted unsolicited followers as if it were a social media site. He has now proceeded to delete most of his posts in a childish toys out the pram manner. If he genuinely wanted more followers and friends then he went completely the wrong way about it. He just wanted to feed his ego.

Childish ? You need to look back at your own posts, particularly your parting shot at Zach, to see childish. Are you proud of the fact you chased this guy off the forum ? Did you consider he might be quite young ? Underconfident about riding with others ? The guy just wanted to hook up with a few people in Strava. An odd request maybe but so what ? On the Strava website it'a advertised as 'the social network for athletes.' So what if he gets a kick out of a few Kudos clicks, or some positive feedback. It doesn't make him an egomaniac.
  • Neil Grubb wrote:
    He was offered plenty of alternative ways to go about it but he wasn't prepared to listen. He just wanted unsolicited followers as if it were a social media site. He has now proceeded to delete most of his posts in a childish toys out the pram manner. If he genuinely wanted more followers and friends then he went completely the wrong way about it. He just wanted to feed his ego.

Childish ? You need to look back at your own posts, particularly your parting shot at Zach, to see childish. Are you proud of the fact you chased this guy off the forum ? Did you consider he might be quite young ? Underconfident about riding with others ? The guy just wanted to hook up with a few people in Strava. An odd request maybe but so what ? On the Strava website it'a advertised as 'the social network for athletes.' So what if he gets a kick out of a few Kudos clicks, or some positive feedback. It doesn't make him an egomaniac.

Lets look at your thread history. Your very first post in here was to chastise people for something very similar. I poster who was an imbecile and you came wading in like some self proclaimed internet police. You have said very little else now (under 20 posts in 6 months)and try to slap me and others on here on the wrist like a naughty child. So please cut the crap. I dont buy it and neither do many others on here. The guy had plenty of help offered. Im not saying another word on it. Its people like you who try to inflame matters. Wade into threads with nothing to add other than have a go at others. say something constructive or keep quiet. I tried to, Zmac wouldnt listen. his problem, not mine. Ill sleep well at night
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    It's all bit handbags at dawn.
  • Webboo wrote:
    It's all bit handbags at dawn.

You're right. I'll get off people's backs as requested. I just felt a bit sorry for Zach.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Once he or she gets out on the bike and has suffered a bit he or she will be over it.
    That's the beauty of if it.
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    Some people really have a stick up their arse on here.
  • YiannisM wrote:
    Actually you dont really need friends on strava. What you need is a good in real life company to ride together. And from what ive seen what you need most is to ride more. Way more.

Correction.....not just more.......ride harder. If you haven't tasted your dinner a second time when doing intervals at least once, you're not doing it right.