I need Friends! (on strava)

Zmac31
Zmac31 Posts: 34
edited September 2017 in Road beginners
Hey Guys,

EDIT: finding out about the site's club I have removed my strava link.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    What's the point of being 'friends' with total strangers?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • andcp
    andcp Posts: 644
    Zach,

This website has it's own Strava group, why not join that?
    https://www.strava.com/clubs/bikeradar
    "It must be true, it's on the internet" - Winston Churchill
  • Zmac31
    cooldad wrote:
    What's the point of being 'friends' with total strangers?

Hey sorry for the bother man! Just looking for some people on strava.
  • Zmac31
    Andcp wrote:
    Zach,

This website has it's own Strava group, why not join that?
    https://www.strava.com/clubs/bikeradar
    Joined and I was not aware, but after you said that, it was a complete "DUH" moment for me. Haha
  • rieko
    rieko Posts: 121
    I'll follow you mate.

Although I'm sure you will get loads of random Kudos from Singapore and Russia anyway. Why do I always get that? :roll:
    Giant TCR
    Giant TCX
  • yiannism
    yiannism Posts: 345
    Actually you dont really need friends on strava. What you need is a good in real life company to ride together. And from what ive seen what you need most is to ride more. Way more.
  • meursault
    meursault Posts: 1,433
    I had a real friend once, the police said I had to release him from my friend dungeon.
    Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them.

Voltaire
  • meursault wrote:
    I had a real friend once, the police said I had to release him from my friend dungeon.

<girl>
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,770
    How sad.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Zmac31 wrote:
    I would love some other people to look at in my strava feed other than myself.

I looked at your feed. There are lots of straight roads and 90 degree turns. You have no KOMs...

Also I gave you some Kudos. :)
  • Stupot07
    Stupot07 Posts: 19
    I've followed you. :)
  • Zmac31
    Stupot07 wrote:
    I've followed you. :)
    Thanks!
  • Zmac31
    Zmac31 wrote:

I looked at your feed. There are lots of straight roads and 90 degree turns. You have no KOMs...

What is a KOM?
  • qube
    qube Posts: 1,899
    King of the Mountain.

It means you are quickest over a particular segment, whether it's downhill, flat or uphill. The leader gets crowned KOM.

Plus you get a wee crown next to your name on that segment.

An email is usually sent to the previous holder of the KOM letting them know it's been beaten.
  • Zmac31
    edited August 2017
    USELESS ARGUMENT DELETING
  • Zmac31 wrote:
    Zmac31 wrote:

What is a KOM?

Really? You do realise Strava is not just twitter/Facebook on bikes?
  • Zmac31
    edited August 2017
  • Zmac31 wrote:
    Zmac31 wrote:
    Zmac31 wrote:

What is a KOM?

If you don't have anything positive to add , then don't.
    It's a forum. We are not here to blow smoke up your ass. Same as Strava. You want people to follow you out of pity?
  • Zmac31
    edited August 2017
  • Zmac31 wrote:
    Zmac31 wrote:
    Zmac31 wrote:
    Zmac31 wrote:

What is a KOM?

It's a forum. We are not here to blow smoke up your ass. Same as Strava. You want people to follow you out of pity?
    If you don't have anything positive to add , then don't. I simply had only two other people I had on strava and DIDN'T realize that Bikeradar had a club. I want to be able to compare myself to others to see what I am weakest at and so fourth.
    You want something positive? Join a cycling club. A real one with people you can go riding with. Make some proper cycling friends. Comparing yourself against complete strangers on different rides in different weather is a nonsense. You sound like you just want (unwarranted) praise to feed your ego. If you did a regular route with a club then start beating your own times individually then kudos is deserved from those who know you or at least know the ride. You on the other hand sound like the sort of person who brags about have 200 friends on FB or countless followers on twitter etc but have nothing to really offer.
  • Zmac31
    Zmac31 wrote:
    Zmac31 wrote:
    Zmac31 wrote:
    Zmac31 wrote:

What is a KOM?

If you don't have anything positive to add , then don't. I simply had only two other people I had on strava and DIDN'T realize that Bikeradar had a club. I want to be able to compare myself to others to see what I am weakest at and so fourth.
    You want something positive? Join a cycling club. A real one with people you can go riding with. Make some proper cycling friends. Comparing yourself against complete strangers on different rides in different weather is a nonsense. You sound like you just want (unwarranted) praise to feed your ego. If you did a regular route with a club then start beating your own times individually then kudos is deserved from those who know you or at least know the ride. You on the other hand sound like the sort of person who brags about have 200 friends on FB or countless followers on twitter etc but have nothing to really offer.
    As stated earlier. I am a noob to Road biking and I don't think I could keep up yet. Why belittle me when I never asked for Kudos. I specifcally said I wanted other people to look at. Whatever man, If you feel the need to bully people online, you do you.
  • Zmac31 wrote:
    Zmac31 wrote:
    Zmac31 wrote:
    Zmac31 wrote:
    Zmac31 wrote:

What is a KOM?

As stated earlier. I am a noob to Road biking and I don't think I could keep up yet. Why belittle me when I never asked for Kudos. I specifcally said I wanted other people to look at. Whatever man, If you feel the need to bully people online, you do you.

I'm not bullying so don't try to I'll the troll/bully bs just cos you don't like the opinions of others. I said quite clearly, join a club. There are ability levels for everyone. You won't get left behind at all. That's not the point of club rides. Yes you get fast rides for the stronger there but a casual group full of a mixed range of ability can be done at most reputable clubs. You will probably end up going faster anyway as the group pulls you along and you will enjoy it more and improve without riding yourself into the ground every day. You want advice on getting friends on Strava, make them real friends you have ridden with. That way it actually means something
  • Zmac31
    Zmac31 wrote:
    Zmac31 wrote:
    Zmac31 wrote:
    Zmac31 wrote:
    Zmac31 wrote:

What is a KOM?

I'm not bullying so don't try to I'll the troll/bully bs just cos you don't like the opinions of others. I said quite clearly, join a club. There are ability levels for everyone. You won't get left behind at all. That's not the point of club rides. Yes you get fast rides for the stronger there but a casual group full of a mixed range of ability can be done at most reputable clubs. You will probably end up going faster anyway as the group pulls you along and you will enjoy it more and improve without riding yourself into the ground every day. You want advice on getting friends on Strava, make them real friends you have ridden with. That way it actually means something
    You are a troll, but this last post id you trying to salvage not being one. One guy mentioned to me about this atmosphere on BIkeradar, he wasn't wrong i guess!
  • You want advice. I offered it, you don't like it you call troll. I've not Been abusive, I've not been belittling, I have been quite honest but if you are so thin skinned that you cannot take the slightest constructive criticism then you came to the wrong forum. I suggested you join a club but you seem prepared to dismiss that advice and just want faceless people following you (or the impression they are since there is no guarantee they actually will even if they can) I mean why should they? They don't know you. Yey well done guy I never met yey.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Behave man, no one is trolling, and you are not a victim end of.
    My advice?
    Just keep riding , post your rides to Strava.. after a while , somehow , you get noticed, you get random followers, you get random kudos. It is how it works.
    Strava is not Facebook, where certain groups eg Zwift are so full of repressed sh it howlers, it is unbelievable.
  • Zmac31
    JGSI wrote:
    My advice?
    Just keep riding , post your rides to Strava.. after a while , somehow , you get noticed, you get random followers, you get random kudos. It is how it works.
    Strava is not Facebook, where certain groups eg Zwift are so full of repressed sh it howlers, it is unbelievable.
    Oh shit! I didn't see any rules about that on strava and all I wanted was a few people to follow so my feed wasn't just me. I was not aware that BikeRadar set the guidelines for STrava. Next time I'll message you before posting, so I never make this mistake again.
  • Zmac31 wrote:
    JGSI wrote:
    My advice?
    Oh shoot! I didn't see any rules about that on strava and all I wanted was a few people to follow so my feed wasn't just me. I was not aware that BikeRadar set the guidelines for STrava. Next time I'll message you before posting, so I never make this mistake again.

See JGSI you can offer all the good willed advice you like, he'll just throw it back at you cos he obviously knows better.
  • Zmac31
    Zmac31 wrote:
    JGSI wrote:
    My advice?
    Oh shoot! I didn't see any rules about that on strava and all I wanted was a few people to follow so my feed wasn't just me. I was not aware that BikeRadar set the guidelines for STrava. Next time I'll message you before posting, so I never make this mistake again.

See JGSI you can offer all the good willed advice you like, he'll just throw it back at you cos he obviously knows better.
    I just feel ganged up on. Its okay though. Not sure why having people on strava that you don't know is so insane. I just wanted a couple people to in my feed so I wasn't looking just myself. Lots of Road bike forums out there. See ya!
  • Starting to see why you want the people to follow you on Strava to be strangers, If this is how you makes friends. Seeya. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. Plenty offered advice but you don't want to know so why should we?

Out of interest, do YOU follow anyone yourself?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,770
    Bottom line.
    Strava is NOT social media. You are trying to use it incorrectly.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.