Thursday, before the sungod rises

Stevo_666
Stevo_666 Posts: 58,522
edited August 2017 in The bottom bracket
Morning lycra lovers :)

Still trying to digest the 'John Wayne' steak that I ate. Just need somebody to offer me a waffeur thin mint.

Off into Atlanta again today where the mercury will hit the mid thirties so as some would say, scorchio. Headed down to Florida this evening for loads of touristy crap and some lounging on beaches 8) . Hopefully they have a gym or I'll come back looking like a f*****g Weeble.
"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, pitch black here , it's a pity the thermometer will not reach mid twenties here
    Just about to take the dog out for his walk
    Enjoy your holiday Stevo
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    Enjoy Stevo, even though you miss work really

Today is my Friday, but no cool down as it's manic at the moment. Got to hasstle marketing today so it should be fun

Later is pub avoidance again, probably....... I'm getting weaker but the current wife is strong

The real question is, as I'm up early is it work early or a run......
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,554
    'ning

when i saw this i though of stevo and guns, but realised he wasn't yet in florida

following yesterday's open heart surgery on rear tub (it succumbed to a puncture from the cut it got in london, sealant barely holds at roadie pressure), need to have a ride and see how my repair goes, probably avoiding heroic cornering initially, but i will have heroic cafe stops to compensate

followed by sunbed and cooling dips
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Morning all. Persisting down here, glad it's the short commute and not the cross town one.
    Stevo - is a 'John Wayne' steak one that interferes with your rear end so you walk funny?
    SG - heroic = 2 slices of cake?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Cold, wet and raining here. This sucks. Knee hurts highly but at least I no longer have to go away due to knee hurting giggly which is a bummer on both counts as it would have been a well good craic, to be sure to be sure.

Well jell of Steve - stinking hot weather in a wonderful part of the worl. Git. Whereabouts in Floridaaaaaaaa dude? Am going to live my life vicariously through you until you get back to the drudgery and souls destroyingly witless life of accountancy that I know you want to break away from.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,325
    Morning folks,
    Slightly stressful first thing as it's A level results day, now celebrating as the lad got A,A & A* so very happy and proud parents. Want to go out and celebrate but that will have to wait as I'm in the office.
    Had to drive in as I need to pop out and see a man about a dog at lunchtime, the reality is I wimped out and drove in as it's wet and horrible out there. Headlights came on in the car as it's horrible, wet and dark out rather than being before dawn. I need more tea.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Ooh - congrats V68 - that's a great set of results. Well done him!
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • ryan_w-2
    ryan_w-2 Posts: 1,162
    Grey and humid as fook in London this morn.

Had drizzle so decided to try out my new Sportful rain jacket. I was essentially a jacket potato wrapped in foil, set at 220.

Must have sweated out at least 1kg, so all's not lost.
    Specialized Allez Sprint Disc --- Specialized S-Works SL7

IG: RhinosWorkshop
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    Slightly stressful first thing as it's A level results day, now celebrating as the lad got A,A & A* so very happy and proud parents. Want to go out and celebrate but that will have to wait as I'm in the office.
    Had to drive in as I need to pop out and see a man about a dog at lunchtime, the reality is I wimped out and drove in as it's wet and horrible out there. Headlights came on in the car as it's horrible, wet and dark out rather than being before dawn. I need more tea.

Sweeet - many congrats indeed to the boy. Obviously his brains come from his mother's side of the family

Has the university question now reared its head again?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

when i saw this i though of stevo and guns, but realised he wasn't yet in florida

following yesterday's open heart surgery on rear tub (it succumbed to a puncture from the cut it got in london, sealant barely holds at roadie pressure), need to have a ride and see how my repair goes, probably avoiding heroic cornering initially, but i will have heroic cafe stops to compensate

followed by sunbed and cooling dips

'Accidental discharge in a strip club' Now there's a headline!
    Persisting it down here in the 'Creative County', so no bike riding as I tend to be a fair weather cyclist.
    No evidence of hangover by VN got me thinking. I can't remember my last hangover. That means I am either more tolerant of alcohol, not drinking enough or still drunk. :?:
  • veronese68
    Thanks all, really chuffed. We were nervous as hell as he'd turned down an unconditional offer in favour of taking a year out so needed 3 A's. This means he's on the course he wants and can take the year out with no worries. The Mrs, on the other hand, will be worried sick whilst he's gone. Definitely got her brains. Unfortunately his first choice is at Birmingham so whilst he is a smart lad if he picks up the accent he won't sound it. He's going to be doing a masters in Mechanical Engineering eventually.
    Don't worry Bally, the hangover is present but with all the excitement I'd forgotten about it. Good night last night, went out on a mate's boat. Big adventure, ended up with me having to row as the engine bogged down after the prop got blocked up with weeds. Thankfully it was a small boat. Rather than 3 men in a boat it was 4 idiots in a boat.
  • Matthewfalle
    What's he doing with his year out? Where is he going?

Please say he's doing something useful and not going to Oz/NZ/Thailand on a yoof gap yaaaarrr

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    What's he doing with his year out? Where is he going?

Please say he's doing something useful and not going to Oz/NZ/Thailand on a yoof gap yaaaarrr
    Nothing useful, the latter. He's been planning it for about 3 years, originally there were a few of them going. The others all dropped out over time so he's going on his own. Will have to work for some of it to help pay his way. He's been saving all the money from various summer jobs and has paid for it all himself at least.
    He wants to go to Cambodia, I can't get this out of my head when I think of that.
  • Matthewfalle
    So long as he gets off the backpacker trail and same same then he can still get good stuff out of it but it does run the risk of just turning into a holiday - when I was helping run the dive school in Vietnam we would see the type - 18/19, Doing the same circle of countries and bars, getting shagged by the same people............

Start leaving stuff for NGOs around and extolling the virtues of doing something apart from getting chlamydia and buffing some burd from Rochdale.

Don't get me wrong, having a laugh is all part of it, but there is so much more out there.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    Don't get me wrong, having a laugh is all part of it, but there is so much more out there.
    Very much so. He's far more sensible than I am so there is some hope for him.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Veronese68 wrote:
    He wants to go to Cambodia, I can't get this out of my head when I think of that.

Ha - "In daddy's car, thinking you'll go far, back East your type don't crawl" - amazing how you can drag lyrics from your memory banks having not heard the song for about 30 years!

Or when "Too Drunk to Fvck" got into the charts: "At number 17 in this week's chart is a band choosing to call themselves the Dead Kennedys. At number 16..." :D
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Super achievement from not so mini V68! I dropped my two at Kings College this morning for their holiday camp thing, and there were hordes of floppy haired toffs and coltish young blondes comparing A*s. Took me right back to the halcyon summer of '92, when my dad dropped me off, saw my results, stuffed a £20 note in my pocket, said "well done" and fcuked off home, leaving me & my mates to get royally hammered.
  • sungod
    heroic overtaking move on lorry to take the pebbledash road out of yaiza at a bump smoothing 50+

three heroic cafe stops, the last one with crepe azucar y limon

tub survived ok, added a smidge of glue in a couple of bits

muy scorchio
  • Matthewfalle
    I heroically took Das Hound for a walk just then.

Just about to approach the fridgeadooralorium in a heroic manner to make cheese on toast for lunch. I use FIBUA tactics in order to make it even more heroic to hopefully meet modern social standards of heroism - you know, it's no longer fighting for your country, going beneath the waves, into space, more like being a footballer or a planning officer for a small borough or cunty council.

I wonder if I'll get a gong.......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Nah, you need to ride your motorbike too quickly around a corner, fishtail, then crash into a ditch or a hedge or something. Then you're a hero.

Might have a beer tonight. Brew Dog, possibly.
  • Matthewfalle
    D'aesh onion jumped out at me so I slotted him with a Nerf gun. That'll learn him.

Motorbike thing sounds like it would cost me money and pain though, whereas pushing bits of paper round a desk then driving home in my 1 series equivalent Audi whilst wearing a Burton suit could still attain me, in some people's eyes, hero status.

And I've have to get a new battery for my motorbike which, considering it's taken me a year to realize the old one doesn't battery any more, means that it's never likely to happen.

And I'm in a car in Scotland.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    That's it. I'm broken.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Matthewfalle
    Not as broken as my knee is. Have I told you about my knee.

Edinburgh here I come 137 miles to go.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,522
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    Congratulations V, hope we can be saying the same thing in 3 years.

On another note the bike shop called me to say my communter is fubarred. Brakes seized up, carbon fork has a crack in it and needs new chainrinvs, cassette etc etc. Should have kept my phone turned off.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    warming up here, at one point it reached scorchio como en el infierno con el diablo

only heroic beers could sustain me
  • veronese68
    That's it. I'm broken.
    Excess of DIY or booze?
  • Matthewfalle
    sungod wrote:
    warming up here, at one point it reached scorchio como en el infierno con el diablo

only heroic beers could sustain me

A heroic statement made by a heroic man in an heroic manner.

Overall, a heroic effort.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    The new Chrystal meth. Puts crack to shame. Shows it's Willy to krocodil and its bum to smack.

The new most wonderfully addictive stuff in the world. I'm down on it in the 'hood.

http://groceries.iceland.co.uk/iceland- ... 0g/p/67037

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    As a complete aside, there are sometimes that make me wonder why I bother making the effort.

But that's an aside.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    I drove home, heroically. I need a new bulb or something for the front light.