tuesday i got a silver machine

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    H3

H2 so I believe. Unless he's telling porkies.

Yeah, it'll Mrs H2.

Though I think MF is saving himself from RSI by writing H3 instead of hopkinhopkinhopkin.

Exactly my learned friend, exactly. Hat.

I couldn't work out how to do the small 3 like in math class so had to go for the big 3.

If anyone knows how to do the small 3 on an iPad I'll be intrigued to kno
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,196
    [I just cannot keep up with the manic platoon loon. ]

So H3 is marrying H2 whilst paying instalments to H1.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Exactly. Simples, innit.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,766
    edited August 2017
    hopkinb wrote:
    Talking of steak, rather than Stevo doing a load of blow in a museum, did you have a Bistecca Fiorentina in Toscana V68?
    Did I? Hopefully there's a picture below this, but I think PPhotofuckit have changed their terms so it may not work.
    IMG_0300.jpg
    What was Stevo saying about rip it's horns of and wipe it's aris?

Damnit! The picture worked in preview and now it isn't. I'll try again tonight, may have to change my picture hosting jobby. Any recommendations?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,049
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ...via the coke museum...
    What's in there? Rolled up $50 bills and some mirrored tables?
    Enjoy the steak, that's how they should be eaten. Don't forget it's perfectly acceptable in that part of the world to goose step whilst doing a Nazi salute and chanting "Heil Trumpf"
    There will be a lot of white stuff involved, just granulated and dissolved rather than powdered and dry. My head will definitely be buzzing.

Coincidentally we flew over Charlottesville on the way in according to the BA flight map thing. That was after I'd watched my third movie - Guardians of the Galaxy was a good laugh.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Any stewardess pics?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Any stewardess pics?
    It was a BA flight so unfortunately not worth it.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Talking of steak, rather than Stevo doing a load of blow in a museum, did you have a Bistecca Fiorentina in Toscana V68?
    Did I? Hopefully there's a picture below this, but I think PPhotofuckit have changed their terms so it may not work.
    IMG_0300.jpg

Damnit! The picture worked in preview and now it isn't. I'll try again tonight, may have to change my picture hosting jobby. Any recommendations?

Pinterest.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    IMG_0300.jpg

Pinterest.

I thought that was just full of women's haircuts and home decor?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    We ate here:
    RistoLamole44.jpg
    Had one of these:
    IMAG0152.jpg
    Not my pictures, those steaks look a bit well done.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    http://imgbb.com/

This is pretty simple to use from a phone - you select the photo you want, and press a button or two, and it gives you some code to cut and paste onto here.
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    We ate here:
    RistoLamole44.jpg
    Had one of these:
    IMAG0152.jpg

Lovely. I love Tuscany.
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:

Instalments no longer an issue, due to her remarriage, and child maintenance is sadly no longer an issue. It all goes on keeping up with soon to be Mrs H2's crippling internet shopping addiction, which she funds on my credit card, but "never has any money" to settle the resulting bill. It seems she genuinely thinks spending on a credit card is a no-cost option. It's slightly infuriating.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Instalments no longer an issue, due to her remarriage, and child maintenance is sadly no longer an issue. It all goes on keeping up with soon to be Mrs H2's crippling internet shopping addiction, which she funds on my credit card, but "never has any money" to settle the resulting bill. It seems she genuinely thinks spending on a credit card is a no-cost option. It's slightly infuriating.

have you explained that this isn't really a suitable modus operandi?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    We ate here:
    RistoLamole44.jpg
    Had one of these:
    IMAG0152.jpg

Lovely. I love Tuscany.

Que bellezza!

And you lot have Brexit and Theresa May.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    Lovely. I love Tuscany.
    That was a particularly lovely spot, we were sat out on the terrace watching the sun set. We had about 4 courses and different booze to go with each course. Mate we were with knows the guy that runs the place so it wasn't too pricey compared to what it could have been.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

have you explained that this isn't really a suitable modus operandi?

Every month when I get the credit card bill. I do keep a spreadsheet, wot with being a bean counter and all, and I just take it out of her annual bonus. Last year she spent a mind boggling £900 at Sweaty Betty, on gym clothing for when she doesn't go to the gym!
  • Matthewfalle
    Oh - so long as you get the wedge back then that's cool - I thought she was just spunking your wedge up against the wall. Wheels are a deffo cert under these circumstances.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Pinno wrote:
    Lidl have some bike bits this week. They do a softshell jacket which apparently is okay for mild weather and they're selling some mitts. Some say the softshell is pretty good. I dunno what it is in me that isn't willing to give it a try when I forked out mega bucks for a DHB one and a Castelli Espresso for silly money.

Do they have those bike stands again?
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Lidl have some bike bits this week. They do a softshell jacket which apparently is okay for mild weather and they're selling some mitts. Some say the softshell is pretty good. I dunno what it is in me that isn't willing to give it a try when I forked out mega bucks for a DHB one and a Castelli Espresso for silly money.

Do they have those bike stands again?

Pass. Do you need one?
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Yup. Apparently they were a steal at 25 quid.

Will pop in with the boy on friday.
  • pinno
    It's not listed in the leaflet but that might be a) because they don't list everything on the leaflet and b) our Lidl isn't very big.
    The one in Hawick is hoog.
  • Stevo_666
    Just got back from our tour of The Coke Museum and Coke global HQ having consumed enough sugar and caffeine to kill an elephant. As an added bonus for a mountain biker, they were giving out free cans of 'Monster' :)

May need exercise and alcohol to counteract the effects...
  • veronese68
    Hmm, will this work? the preview worked ok. This is a bit of steak, I think I could have recuscitated it if a defibrilator had been handy.
    20526126_1463659853710825_7185996225527305404_n.jpg?oh=13f6ba4ff9c476532eaf6150cbce3110&oe=5A35586B
  • hopkinb
    That looks superb. Did it taste as good as it looks?
  • pinno
    We evolved as a species when we discovered fire. We learnt that cooked meat was easier to digest. Wtf is this extra rare meat trend?

That looks totally disgusting.
  • veronese68
    It was really very very good. Daughter doesn't normally like rare meat, but she tried some of that and loved it.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    I do like my beef quite rare but wouldn't have been able to tackle any of that fat and would have had to cut it off, which I assume would be regarded by some as a waste.
    The bag of crisps as a side dish - was that a nod to visitors from Blighty?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning. Indeed blue sky at the minute and dry but that's it so far. Wife at work, me taking battling brats to play with segways and swing through the trees at Cannock. Sadly can't take my bike as headset being repaired ready for Wales at the wkend. Enjoy the ride SG

Did you make it back ok? Hope you weren't savaged by the big cat that periodically gets 'sighted' over there on the Chase.
  • veronese68
    Ballysmate wrote:
    The bag of crisps as a side dish - was that a nod to visitors from Blighty?
    I was a little surprised when I saw them. They were freshly made, not quite crispy and still had a bit of give to them. Remarkably good for what sounds like an under cooked crisp. I'm a bit of a heathen food wise and I'm not impressed by really fancy cooking. Bangers and mash is hard to beat as far as I'm concerned. So that was really just steak and crisps, but a really bloody good one.