tuesday i got a silver machine

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,532
edited August 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

off for a longish ride up and down volcanoes, public holiday here today but i think sufficient cafes will be open, followed by sunbed and much replacement of calories

scorchio
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, pleased to see you are back on the ball sungod, blue skies here but I do not know about scorchio
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Just been for a hobble with Das Hound, coffee, drop the Bambini off at a friend's house, quick pedal, chores, go for another run.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,146
    Cloudy and damp on the way into work, beautiful clear blue skies now looking out of the office window.
    Club TT after work, not expecting a decent time this week.
  • Matthewfalle
    Do you work in a bank by any chance?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,146
    Me? God no.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Morning folks,
    A touch warmer this morning as a little cloudy. not unpleasant though. Even the Mrs opted to pedal to work today, probably just as well as a train has fallen over at Waterloo so SW Trains will be completely FUBAR. Hoping for a quiet day in the office, need to walk to the coffee machine and switch it on. Other than that customer avoidance is in order.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Feck all sleep, bright side managed a nice commute in and the au-pair is 'pert'
  • Matthewfalle
    Me? God no.

Know anyone who does? I'm just getting to the point where I'll use the forms from any bank and just cross out the name at the top and write RBS in their place.

Anyone any idea why they just can't give me the forms and have to email me?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    TLW1 wrote:
    Feck all sleep, bright side managed a nice commute in and the au-pair is 'pert'

POIDH

Of the au pair that is, not you asleep.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    Really glad you clarified that.
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Really glad you clarified that.

I thought it best to clarify, just to avoid any confusion. Could have all got a bit weird otherwise.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Bad back causing me grief. Coffee and NSAIDs a high priority.

Still thinking about whooshy wheels, and how I can get them past the missus. I could get them, stick them on the bike and not say anything. Then if by some unhappy chance she does notice them, I can point out that over a year, they'll be £30 less per month than she spends on her gym membership, but I'll get thousands of km of use out of them whereas she goes to the gym about 3 times per year. Yes, that'll definitely make her happy. Either that or just say they're £100 worth of cheap Chinese tat.
  • veronese68
    Are we going out on the lash before Hopper ties the knot?
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Manual labourer again. Dismantled more of the back deck, chopped it all up for the neighbour to use as firewood. Saves paying to throw it away.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    oxoman wrote:
    ...and swing through the trees at Cannock.

I can introduce you to a cycling monkey who lives near there, you could hook up for some Tarzan action.
    hopkinb wrote:
    Still thinking about whooshy wheels, and how I can get them past the missus.

Paint everything but the braking surface white and always put it up against a white wall when you park it at home - she'll never notice.

NSAID?

Me got Shorty for the day. Mum is off with Tricky swimming and other ore-school activities. Got to fix a puncture on her bike and take her pedalling some where. What a faff; got to loosen brake calliper, undo wheel bolts, remove chain guard, slide chain off and then set about the wheel.
    Now, where's that can of instant sealant from Lidl I bought...

It's stopped raining :shock: What's it like over there Gazza?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Are we going out on the lash before Hopper ties the knot?

Yeah, that'd be good. :D
  • pinno
    ...but you're always on the lash.
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:

Paint everything but the braking surface white and always put it up against a white wall when you park it at home - she'll never notice.

NSAID?

Good wheeze. She didn't notice the wheels I bought last year for about 3 months, so she might not notice these ones anyway..

Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drug. Ibuprofen, diclofenac, naproxen etc.

I went to Lidl for the first time at the weekend. I was pleasantly surprised. I bought quite a lot of German sausages, bockwurst, bratwurst, weisswurst. Some iberico ham, some smoked salmon, some chorizo. A couple of bottles of Riesling, a couple of Gruner Veltliner and a single of Tokaji. Oh, and some apples. No sealant.
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    ...but you're always on the lash.

Oh no I'm not! I had a month off in July, and barely drank whilst on holiday. 4 days off during the week now as well. Taking back control.
  • pinno
    edited August 2017
    Lidl have some bike bits this week. They do a softshell jacket which apparently is okay for mild weather and they're selling some mitts. Some say the softshell is pretty good. I dunno what it is in me that isn't willing to give it a try when I forked out mega bucks for a DHB one and a Castelli Espresso for silly money.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    ...and swing through the trees at Cannock.

I can introduce you to a cycling monkey who lives near there, you could hook up for some Tarzan action.
    hopkinb wrote:
    Still thinking about whooshy wheels, and how I can get them past the missus.

NSAID?

Me got Shorty for the day. Mum is off with Tricky swimming and other ore-school activities. Got to fix a puncture on her bike and take her pedalling some where. What a faff; got to loosen brake calliper, undo wheel bolts, remove chain guard, slide chain off and then set about the wheel.

It's stopped raining :shock: What's it like over there Gazza?

Laters.

non steroid anti inflammatory drug.

bloody hell Pinno, do I have to spell everything out.....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    ...bloody hell Pinno, do I have to spell everything out.....

:D
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    Bad back causing me grief. Coffee and NSAIDs a high priority.

Still thinking about whooshy wheels, and how I can get them past the missus. I could get them, stick them on the bike and not say anything. Then if by some unhappy chance she does notice them, I can point out that over a year, they'll be £30 less per month than she spends on her gym membership, but I'll get thousands of km of use out of them whereas she goes to the gym about 3 times per year. Yes, that'll definitely make her happy. Either that or just say they're £100 worth of cheap Chinese tat.

just buy them - she won't notice.

I get loads of stuff and because TDV doesn't actually give a shit about anything I do she doesn't notice..

If Mrs H3 does say anything just say they're the ones you've always had then take a pics of her norks for us.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,532
    road through timanfaya festooned with twunts, probably all brits, the tabby tells me their flesh shall feed the lizards, their bones bleaching in the sun by morning

discovered a new cake shop, nom nom nom

scorchio de el diablo
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Well howdy folks,

Just before 8.30m here and its 23c. Going to be a hot one here later on. Just stuffing face before we head out into Atlanta via the coke museum...pool later then dinner out with the in-laws. I have requested that we go to a restaurant that does 'John Wayne' steaks (just rip its horns off and wipe its ass) :)

May shoot military grade weaponry tomorrow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ...via the coke museum...
    What's in there? Rolled up $50 bills and some mirrored tables?
    Enjoy the steak, that's how they should be eaten. Don't forget it's perfectly acceptable in that part of the world to goose step whilst doing a Nazi salute and chanting "Heil Trumpf"
  • pinno
    H3

H2 so I believe. Unless he's telling porkies.
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ...via the coke museum...
    What's in there? Rolled up $50 bills and some mirrored tables?
    Enjoy the steak, that's how they should be eaten. Don't forget it's perfectly acceptable in that part of the world to goose step whilst doing a Nazi salute and chanting "Heil Trumpf"

Talking of steak, rather than Stevo doing a load of blow in a museum, did you have a Bistecca Fiorentina in Toscana V68?
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    H3

H2 so I believe. Unless he's telling porkies.

Yeah, it'll Mrs H2.

Though I think MF is saving himself from RSI by writing H3 instead of hopkinhopkinhopkin.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Well howdy folks,

Just before 8.30m here and its 23c. Going to be a hot one here later on. Just stuffing face before we head out into Atlanta via the coke museum...pool later then dinner out with the in-laws. I have requested that we go to a restaurant that does 'John Wayne' steaks (just rip its horns off and wipe its ass) :)

May shoot military grade weaponry tomorrow.

If it's military grade then, contrary to popular opinion and those who like to sell bits that massively over priced because they are "military Grade" ( connectors, ali tubing, etc) then it's going to be the cheapest, crappest thing you can get, only used by the military because it's the cheapest they could get........

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.