Frickin bloomin saddle sore - Arrrrgh :-(

2»

Comments

• Daniel B wrote:
    I can't overly tell what causes my sore, or sores - it generally seems to be on the same side, and I assume in this instance is one repeat offender, so don't know is that follicle (If that is what it is) is always going to give me trouble, or if I can find a mechanism to not aggravate it.

Popping into this thread a bit late. re the above quote. I found that I was getting saddle sores on the same spot all the time last summer and after a bit of investigation found that it was the stitching on a pair of my shorts that was causing it. It was caused where the sewing machine came back around to finish off fixing the pad to the lycra and it didn't quite line up with the starting position. As a consequence, there was a bit of stiching kind of sticking out and that was basically rubbing at the same area every time I wore the shorts.

I threw that pair away and that stopped the problem mostly but I have still suffered from a couple of flare ups this Summer on the same area.

May be unrelated but I always check stitching on the pad now
  • If they always appear on one side then it might be caused by some sort of imbalance, i.e. a leg length discrepancy or hip tightness on that side.

I bought some cleat shims and have 3mm under my left. Things seem a fair bit better now.